Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Community Shield

Just an heads up for anyone going from Leicester train station due to a bridge collapsing 

How can I get from Leicester to London?

East Midlands Trains have advised there is a limited service running to London.

A company spokesman said: "If you are travelling Southbound from Leicester a limited train service is running between Leicester and London St Pancras. Our timetable is significantly reduced and is subject to short notice alterations."

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Just an heads up for anyone going from Leicester train station due to a bridge collapsing 

How can I get from Leicester to London?

East Midlands Trains have advised there is a limited service running to London.

A company spokesman said: "If you are travelling Southbound from Leicester a limited train service is running between Leicester and London St Pancras. Our timetable is significantly reduced and is subject to short notice alterations."

They're a shocking company but i'd hope they'd fix the bridge by Sunday in all honesty. 

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Got a Rugby to Euston return for £15 then it's just an easy walk to Euston Square and you're on the right tube line for Wembley. 

Is it easier to to walk to Euston Square or st Pancras from Euston? To then to tube to Wembley Park?

22 hours ago, AjcW said:

Completely agree here, one thing that would have stopped me going if I hadn't been offered a lift was the train price though. The bastards have skyrocketed the prices for next Sunday & given that when these first went on sale everyone thought they wouldn't make it past gold I doubt anyone booked trains in advance.

Shame really. I'm pretty sure most League 1 sides have taken more than that to their play off finals! lol 

Mate I've been to a League One Play off final I can tell you now they do not take anything like 27 k lol

Absolute amazement we STILL haven't sold our allocation though...surely it must go soon?

Then ain't fixing that bridge by the weekend, the retaining wall and the footpath are currently sat on the track lol, they may clear it enough to be able to run some trains if they can get supports in place.

43 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Hi Guys.. Gonna be sat in block 110 and seen it is going to be 26/27 degrees on the day....Imagine the sun is going to be directly on us during the whole game you think ?

from the weather they said it could be that hot, but we know what the weather people are like, yeah it will be sunny on that section tbh, think most of the bottom section will be the sun in our end, mainly the north and east sides, but as said, you'll need your sunglasses and such lol:ph34r:

They sent me 2 adult tickets instead of adult and concession. has everyone had this? and.....Should I:

A) Stick with the original plan of driving down with my daughter, who I have promised for the past few years "We will be at Wembley and I will take you, because when I was about your age we went all the time"

B) Offer ticket to a mate who didn't get one, jump on the mini bus, drink.

52 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Hi Guys.. Gonna be sat in block 110 and seen it is going to be 26/27 degrees on the day....Imagine the sun is going to be directly on us during the whole game you think ?

yep, you'd best sell your ticket then.

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mate I've been to a League One Play off final I can tell you now they do not take anything like 27 k lol

Absolute amazement we STILL haven't sold our allocation though...surely it must go soon?

lol A slight exaggeration born out of similar amazement to you on not selling out. Although it looks like it is now, only reason they haven't announced is because you can still get disabled access seating I guess. 

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

They sent me 2 adult tickets instead of adult and concession. has everyone had this? and.....Should I:

A) Stick with the original plan of driving down with my daughter, who I have promised for the past few years "We will be at Wembley and I will take you, because when I was about your age we went all the time"

I don't think any of the tickets mention concession. But it may be coded in the barcode on the ticket.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

lol A slight exaggeration born out of similar amazement to you on not selling out. Although it looks like it is now, only reason they haven't announced is because you can still get disabled access seating I guess. 

i dont think it was tbh, but I guess the time the game is is pretty prime for when most people seem to be away on holiday and that, im sure if it was like league cup final or something we'd have sold out before now, i think you could be right on the Disabled tickets(ambulant disabled tickets are only being sold via see tickets mind), i think there will still be a few single seats here and there on sale tbh.

still should be a pretty good day for all lcfc fans, since its our first time at the new wembley, and we havent been back on that stage since the Tranmere game back in 2000

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Tickets ARE sold out and have been since yesterday 

22 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Cant believe you are having to think about this 

34 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

None of my tickets show concession prices on the tickets, but the receipt shows which tickets are which, so you may risk getting turned away.

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Is it easier to to walk to Euston Square or st Pancras from Euston? To then to tube to Wembley Park?

St Pancras is only about a 10 minute walk away from Euston Station but I don't think you can get the tube direct to Wembley. I'm sure many will go there and have a look round though.

Archived