Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

Just now, FacelessMen said:

He clearly isn't settling for 12th with you guys either, hence he wants out.

4th is better than 12th, always.

Running before you can walk friend, don't see anything about us accepting the bid. I'll take Ranieri's word over the same dribble speculation we've been hearing since the start of the window. 

2 minutes ago, FacelessMen said:

I personally think, and with no real inside knowledge, that Mahrez has cracked it and has said 'I want out'.

You can blame Kante for this, as I think if he stayed, none of this would've happened; at least you have some loyalty in Jamie Vardy.

Fortunately with no release clause and three years left on his contract we're in the driving seat.  It's fair to say that teams don't generally want to keep unhappy players around the squad, but in this case letting him go under current market value to another English club is not an option, he'd be too big a loss for us with Kante already gone.  I expect the club to demand absolute top dollar or let him sit on the bench and see his reputation follow the Hazard path. 

From an Arsenal point of view I can see why fans get so peeved at Arsene and the backroom staff.  Any bid less than 50m given transfers over the past couple of weeks is insulting.

3 minutes ago, FacelessMen said:

I personally think, and with no real inside knowledge, that Mahrez has cracked it and has said 'I want out'.

You can blame Kante for this, as I think if he stayed, none of this would've happened; at least you have some loyalty in Jamie Vardy.

I was told on Sunday he won't be going arsenal this summer, this is from someone within arsenal. The same person told me Vardy wasn't going the day he was meant to be signing for you. 

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

I was told on Sunday he won't be going arsenal this summer, this is from someone within arsenal. The same person told me Vardy wasn't going the day he was meant to be signing for you. 

Fair enough, as I have said, this is all in my opinion.

But when there is smoke, there is usually fire.

We paid £42.5m for Ozil + £35m for Alexis; we will spend money if the player is appropriate.

You can all convince yourselves that Arsenal won't up their bid and seal the deal, but I think they will.

Everyone is laughing at oyu.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/10/arsenal-transfer-dealings-mocked-after-ridiculously-low-35m-riyad-mahrez-bid-6059489/?

1 minute ago, FacelessMen said:

We paid £42.5m for Ozil + £35m for Alexis; we will spend money if the player is appropriate.

You can all convince yourselves that Arsenal won't up their bid and seal the deal, but I think they will.

Unfortunately for you your dinosaur manager is probably basing players worth on what you paid for said players a couple of years ago!! You won't be bidding 50m+ for Mahrez and if you believe you will I'm afraid you're as deluded as Wenger 

And what do you think it will take in GBP to seal this deal?

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This makes sense. 

I have a feeling that this is a big ploy to further unsettle Mahrez, and to disrupt Leicester.

Both generally, ahead of the season, and also specifically in terms of the second fixture of the season.

Remember that wry smile from Wenger when he was asked about Mahrez?

1 minute ago, Pipes said:

This makes sense. 

I have a feeling that this is a big ploy to further unsettle Mahrez, and to disrupt Leicester.

Both generally, ahead of the season, and also specifically in terms of the second fixture of the season.

Remember that wry smile from Wenger when he was asked about Mahrez?

Also, if they were serious, surely they'd have started off at higher than £25m.

4 minutes ago, FacelessMen said:

£45m at the bare minimum.

IF we are talking fair, then I'd say £48-50m is fair.

And if he really wants to go we'd likely accept in excess of £50 million but I can't see him putting in a transfer request or you offering that much more money than £50 million if we don't wish to sell - after all, fairness doesn't really come into it if we don't want to sell - you'd have to offer daft millions, say £60+ if that's the case.

Archived