Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

17 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

The fact of the matter is he has 3 years left on his contract with no release clause, so Leicester can sell at their discretion and the club don't need him to sign a new contract (although this would be ideal). As such the only party that benefits from a new contract is Mahrez as his salary will increase in line with the higher earners at the club. 

The way I see it is that he has 3 options; refuse to sign a new contract and remain on this existing terms for the next 3 years but be massively undervalued in comparison to his peers, sign a new contract on increased terms and commit his future to the club, or hope that another club is prepared to meet city's valuation of him and a deal can be agreed for him to move. If it's the latter, city hold all the cards and should be looking for an above market fee. Whilst he might think the grass is greener on the other side he and his agent really aren't in a position to force the issue. 

If I was him I'd be looking to sign a new contract at city which will probably only add an additional year to his contract but more important secure him increased terms and hope that my form over the course of the season is good enough to attract another top team to stump up the kind of money secure a transfer away. If he doesn't take this course of action and the club dig their heels in preventing him from moving, should he have a poor season this year he could well find that the salary figures being bandied about right now aren't an option for him in a years time whether that be from city or elsewhere especially if other players excel.

When the time comes for Mahrez to go the club should make sure they get an above market fee not a deal that is better for Riyad and his agent.  We will be the ones losing out no matter the price.  I would love the club to completely rip off the buying club.  

A player like Stones who cost his club more points than he could ever win can go for 47m pounds, a match winner like Mahrez should be 60m minimum to get Top to pick up the call.

It's pointless selling to a club like Arsenal and putting in incentives as they don't win the league and only just get out of the group stage of the CL. 

If Mahrez has been told he's not for sale no matter what and is happy to not sign a new contract the he's saving the club 70k a week.  If it's under the advice of his agent then I'm not sure what his game is as he'll be losing a lot of money short term for the owners of the agency and they won't like that.

It's happening.

Say your final farewells, lads, seriously.

------------------Cech--------------------

Bellerin--Mustafi--Koscielny--Monreal

----------Xhaka-----Ramsey------------

Mahrez---------Ozil------------Alexis--

-------------Ched Evans----------------

Just now, FacelessMen said:

It's happening.

lol go back under your London Bridge, troll.

6 minutes ago, FacelessMen said:

It's happening.

Well that's your injury list sorted for the season, who you gonna be fielding when Mahrez doesn't settle for 4th?

2 minutes ago, tyfox said:

I can't see it not if bolasie is worth 30m

I personally think, and with no real inside knowledge, that Mahrez has cracked it and has said 'I want out'.

You can blame Kante for this, as I think if he stayed, none of this would've happened; at least you have some loyalty in Jamie Vardy.

2 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Well that's your injury list sorted for the season, who you gonna be fielding when Mahrez doesn't settle for 4th?

He clearly isn't settling for 12th with you guys either, hence he wants out.

4th is better than 12th, always.

1 minute ago, FacelessMen said:

It's a bit early to be talking like that, remind me your plan to make up those 10 points on last year? You beat us twice so that's not going to help!

Must be that world class striker you signed, oh wait

I personally think, and with no real inside knowledge, that Mahrez has cracked it and has said 'I want out'.

You can blame Kante for this, as I think if he stayed, none of this would've happened; at least you have some loyalty in Jamie Vardy.

Ah a London expert, with how many credentials, to back him..Go to Norway and learn how the real trolls do it..!!

Look. I agree. He had to wait til May to win an actual premier league title last year. Why wait around when you can win the league in February with Arsenal like this year? 

Dear lord you are full of s**t, regardless if Mahrez has "cracked it" or not he has 3 years left on his contract there isn't a hope in hell you're getting him for under 50m!!! Especially after the owners and manager have said on multiple occasions he's not for sale

Archived