Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

Either Chelsea or whoever wants him puts a bid in for him and if its not enough we tell them to go away. Alternatively if Mahrez doesn't want to stay he puts in a written transfer request in and he leaves subject to a substantial bid coming in, all he or his agent seems to be doing is pissing us about.

10 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Either Chelsea or whoever wants him puts a bid in for him and if its not enough we tell them to go away. Alternatively if Mahrez doesn't want to stay he puts in a written transfer request in and he leaves subject to a substantial bid coming in, all he or his agent seems to be doing is pissing us about.

Or - devil's advocate and all that - nobody is doing anything outside of the media and twitter etc, and a story has been created out of nothing, whilst they quietly try to renegotiate his current contract. Not likely I admit, but nothing will be quite as it seems.

The fact of the matter is he has 3 years left on his contract with no release clause, so Leicester can sell at their discretion and the club don't need him to sign a new contract (although this would be ideal). As such the only party that benefits from a new contract is Mahrez as his salary will increase in line with the higher earners at the club. 

The way I see it is that he has 3 options; refuse to sign a new contract and remain on this existing terms for the next 3 years but be massively undervalued in comparison to his peers, sign a new contract on increased terms and commit his future to the club, or hope that another club is prepared to meet city's valuation of him and a deal can be agreed for him to move. If it's the latter, city hold all the cards and should be looking for an above market fee. Whilst he might think the grass is greener on the other side he and his agent really aren't in a position to force the issue. 

If I was him I'd be looking to sign a new contract at city which will probably only add an additional year to his contract but more important secure him increased terms and hope that my form over the course of the season is good enough to attract another top team to stump up the kind of money secure a transfer away. If he doesn't take this course of action and the club dig their heels in preventing him from moving, should he have a poor season this year he could well find that the salary figures being bandied about right now aren't an option for him in a years time whether that be from city or elsewhere especially if other players excel.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Sounds as though Arsenal may actually be having a go here. If he really wants the move, just make sure you take them to the cleaners, Rudkin.

Yes I agree if they want him lets finally make a club pay what the player is worth for once.

30 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

The fact of the matter is he has 3 years left on his contract with no release clause, so Leicester can sell at their discretion and the club don't need him to sign a new contract (although this would be ideal). As such the only party that benefits from a new contract is Mahrez as his salary will increase in line with the higher earners at the club. 

The way I see it is that he has 3 options; refuse to sign a new contract and remain on this existing terms for the next 3 years but be massively undervalued in comparison to his peers, sign a new contract on increased terms and commit his future to the club, or hope that another club is prepared to meet city's valuation of him and a deal can be agreed for him to move. If it's the latter, city hold all the cards and should be looking for an above market fee. Whilst he might think the grass is greener on the other side he and his agent really aren't in a position to force the issue. 

If I was him I'd be looking to sign a new contract at city which will probably only add an additional year to his contract but more important secure him increased terms and hope that my form over the course of the season is good enough to attract another top team to stump up the kind of money secure a transfer away. If he doesn't take this course of action and the club dig their heels in preventing him from moving, should he have a poor season this year he could well find that the salary figures being bandied about right now aren't an option for him in a years time whether that be from city or elsewhere especially if other players excel.

This

Archived