Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

Not going arsenal from what I heard Sunday, source, Steve bold.

That bloke behind Mahrez is just some regular chap politely waiting to get past, lol

all information vaguely valid for this transfer window, I'm not ITK, just a necky bastard. 

now let's pun the duck out of this thread and get it closed. 

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Not going arsenal from what I heard Sunday, source, Steve bold.

That bloke behind Mahrez is just some regular chap politely waiting to get past, lol

all information vaguely valid for this transfer window, I'm not ITK, just a necky bastard. 

now let's pun the duck out of this thread and get it closed. 

I just wouldn't be happy Toulouse him to Arsenal or Chelsea!! He needs to stay 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

50k X 20 weeks

1m

- tax 500k

think how much he will get if his nets 40m-60m transfer.

If he doesn't sign I think the club will accept by January as his price is at a high

Why 20 weeks? extra 50k a week is an extra 2.6m a year, plus any signing on fee. 

6 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I would rather focus on the result rather than bother about the rumours. If he isn't on form and cant offer what somebody on the bench will be thriving to do, why start him?

Fair point. As long as the rumour is obviously ludicrous we'd be able to get away with it.

But if we did leave him out for footballing reasons or because it would benefit the player while his contract negotiations are ongoing, and the rumours have at least some kind of plausibility, then I'm worried that the media circus surrounding the transfer might seep into the team's performance on the pitch. We don't need distracted players, coaches and the manager having to duck media attention and having to answer Mahrez-related questions all the time when they should be fully focused on Hull away. I know they're model pros, but they're also human.

personally i think the following 

mahrez has been told your not going anywhere unless we find a replacement good enough 

enter barbosa the brazillian who we have just bid 27million for and plays in mahrez position 

if we sign him i expect mahrez to go 

8 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

mahrez has been told your not going anywhere unless we find a replacement good enough 

enter barbosa the brazillian who we have just bid 27million for and plays in mahrez position 

Yes I think this has defo happened.

12 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Except Barbosa is a 19-year-old playing in the Brazilian League who is currently at the Olympics. He's not good enough to step in and play for Mahrez right away, especially Ranieri's style. My guess is Mahrez has been told he can leave in January, if the club is out of Champions League and contention for the title; and May no matter what.

Still think new contract release clause is behind the whole thing. Mahrez' people will be trying to get this as low as possible. We will be trying to get it to be non existent, very complex or 60m+

Very complicated situation. We don't want a dispirited player. But we also don't want to lose a big wedge of money to his agent and him either. 

It shouldn't be beyond both parties to find a solution.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Fair point. As long as the rumour is obviously ludicrous we'd be able to get away with it.

But if we did leave him out for footballing reasons or because it would benefit the player while his contract negotiations are ongoing, and the rumours have at least some kind of plausibility, then I'm worried that the media circus surrounding the transfer might seep into the team's performance on the pitch. We don't need distracted players, coaches and the manager having to duck media attention and having to answer Mahrez-related questions all the time when they should be fully focused on Hull away. I know they're model pros, but they're also human.

I agree. Think it's a lot easier to bench anyone based on performance once the window has shut tho

So the only viable journalism today on riyad came from Eurosport France who say he wants to go to arsenal but won't force the issue with us.

a photo of him probably checking out of the team hotel in Chelsea (where the Chelsea manager is living) also surfaces and someone  claiming to be his agent (really?) tells the photographer that Chelsea want riyad.

the consequence of this is you can back him to go to arsenal at 12/1 whereas Chelsea are only 6/5 !!

proof indeed that a football fan is easily parted from their dosh, especially those with a gambling habit! 

Archived