Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

How many here feel Ranieri has not done enough

Guy's, I look at the signings etc, being champions and being told we have £££££, I feel underwhelmed with what we have done since winning the title.

Assuming all has been done in the background to get superstars/appropriate players to us, I believe Claudio or club has under sold Kante, we are weak squad wise, and although there is time, I feel uncomfortable and we will be a laughing stick I. The champ league.

This for me was a chance to excel and try to be  a top 4 team and be a major team in the Prem.  I know Claudio plays us down, I just hope he has another plan to make us great.

I think, unless we capitalise we will forever be relegation fodder, which is for me unforgivable

I don't get all that excited by seeing us spend a load of money.

Several times I've seen us succeed by being selective with who we buy, and many times I've seen other clubs flounder or achieve relatively little after a cash-burning orgy. We must always wait and see before we judge players but our new signings look to be a continuation of our fruitful policy of buying with a bit of thought.

I also disagree that we look weak, we're perhaps light on numbers but not on ability. Keeping two of our big three from last season would mean we've succeeded in maintaining a highly capable squad IMO, and that's what we look set to do.

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I thought you were a half decent poster until I read this pile of Roody-Poo.

Just wait and see.

Lol, thanks mee, but blind belief is no way to live life or support your club.  LCFC is what matters to me, not managers, players etc, they come and go...what I want to see is improvement and longevity, with aspirations of the owners, who say,oney is all there, do what is necessary!!

i am fu cking excited by our squad. huge amounts of youth and pace and flair in the forward positions. gray, kaputska, riyad, musa etc etc. cannot wait to get them all firing. 

kante wont be replaced probably ever and aside from that I think we've had a great transfer window. 

Doc imo you need to give our newcomers a bit more time to gel, wait for the transfer window to close, and give the team a chance to play some competitive football before making a statement like that.  Have faith in the scouting setup, sports science staff and management that won us the league with a marginally weaker squad than what we currently possess.  And stfu with that relegation fodder bs dilly ding dilly dong man.

3 minutes ago, Cseyoum said:

These type of comments seem to be very common on this forum.

How tf would you know...whoever you are? lol 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i am fu cking excited by our squad. huge amounts of youth and pace and flair in the forward positions. gray, kaputska, riyad, musa etc etc. cannot wait to get them all firing. 

kante wont be replaced probably ever and aside from that I think we've had a great transfer window. 

I've seen them all play, other then Musa and riyad, the rest look like like the top end of the Prem is beyond them.  Can Musa and Vardy play together???? Gray lacks killer instinct to be a top 4 player, kaputska shows limited promise, Hernandez is basic..............sorry bit I'm not impressed.......but will eat my words if proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Doc imo you need to give our newcomers a bit more time to gel, wait for the transfer window to close, and give the team a chance to play some competitive football before making a statement like that.  Have faith in the scouting setup, sports science staff and management that won us the league with a marginally weaker squad than what we currently possess.  And stfu with that relegation fodder bs dilly ding dilly dong man.

Are you an ostrich? :D

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I hope so Lama, I'm just very nervous and anxious.  I love my club, I want it to succeed, I just don't feel weve done enough in the market.  Weve had a poor pre season and look mid table.  

Im old enough to remember our downfall to relegation from reaching Europe...........

No, almost totally disagree. I'm not sure what players you were expecting us to bring in so you'd be more whelmed. We were never going to be in the market for the "top, top" players because we simply don't have the standing or financial base to pay them. I'm amazed that £32M is considered underselling a player. 6 times what we paid for him.

We really haven't seen enough of any of the players to say what can or will happen this season. Honestly, after last season, you simply can't judge them on a handful of pre-season games. There were people on here going nuts when Pearson's team lost to Northampton in a friendly and that was no barometer. Friendly matches on a pointless tour of the world mean absolutely nothing. We've held on to all of the winners except Kante who would have left whatever had happened and we've added to that. Throwing millions at a side does nothing to guarantee success and in the end creates resentment in a squad that could hardly be tighter.

We'll be comfortably top ten and if we get a run like last season, maybe better. Wait & see.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ranieri has not done enough lol. He won us the ****ing premier league when he had no right to.

Stop the world i want to get off.

That's not my point, and don't be silly about it, he never designed us to win the league.  This season and the last are far different, this season he has to try and and had on to the title which is significantly different to taking advantage last season to win one

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I hope so Lama, I'm just very nervous and anxious.  I love my club, I want it to succeed, I just don't feel weve done enough in the market.  Weve had a poor pre season and look mid table.  

Im old enough to remember our downfall to relegation from reaching Europe...........

But when have pre-season results ever meant anything?  Especially against the sorts of teams we've been up against?  The players have just been getting their fitness back and we only just lost in the Charity Shield - a game where imo we looked comfortably the better side most of the game.  Zlatan won't be shithousing jammy results against us for every team we play and I tbh don't even think he'll do the same for Man Utd next time we play them.  Let them have the pinnacle of their season against the best team in the league and let us move on forwards.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

The quick answer would be is that your a Llama???

But I wanted the condescending answer. :whistle:

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No, almost totally disagree. I'm not sure what players you were expecting us to bring in so you'd be more whelmed. We were never going to be in the market for the "top, top" players because we simply don't have the standing or financial base to pay them. I'm amazed that £32M is considered underselling a player. 6 times what we paid for him.

We really haven't seen enough of any of the players to say what can or will happen this season. Honestly, after last season, you simply can't judge them on a handful of pre-season games. There were people on here going nuts when Pearson's team lost to Northampton in a friendly and that was no barometer. Friendly matches on a pointless tour of the world mean absolutely nothing. We've held on to all of the winners except Kante who would have left whatever had happened and we've added to that. Throwing millions at a side does nothing to guarantee success and in the end creates resentment in a squad that could hardly be tighter.

We'll be comfortably top ten and if we get a run like last season, maybe better. Wait & see.

So being top 10 is acceptable for you????

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

So being top 10 is acceptable for you????

Yes. Absolutely.

You cannot look at last season and say right that's it, we should be competing with the top 4 regularly from now on. It just doesn't happen like that. We don't have the fanbase, we don't have the infrastructure and simply can't compete for wages for the top players. All of which combined to make last season all that more special. Frustrating as it is, last season will never ever happen again and the best we can do is aim as high as we can with the players that we handpick.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Yes. Absolutely.

You cannot look at last season and say right that's it, we should be competing with the top 4 regularly from now on. It just doesn't happen like that. We don't have the fanbase, we don't have the infrastructure and simply can't compete for wages for the top players. All of which combined to make last season all that more special. Frustrating as it is, last season will never ever happen again and the best we can do is aim as high as we can with the players that we handpick.

You can stfu and all.  This isn't the who can show the least faith in the best team in England competition, you need to get yourself over to Sky or the BBC for that.

When we signed a couple of second division french players and a championship striker, a japanese player, a couple of manu rejects, an aging champioship centre back and took a million pound gamble on a conference player... I didnt feel we had done enough.

Since then ive had the best 4 or 5 years of Leicester supporting in my life.

What a bizarre thread title. Got to be a wind-up surely? We could get relegated this season and Ranieri will have done enough. He's set for life.

If you are asking have we done enough in the close season to better our squad I'd say most definitely. The loss of Kante is huge but it's up to Amartey/Mendy/King to step up. Our squad is deeper and better now but first xi is up for debate and we won't know until the players have settled in.

He has continued the project to build a long-term future and we now have more talented youngsters then ever before.

Amartey, Chilwell, Kapuska, Gray, Musa in the first team squad, with possibly Keane coming, and now with Choudray and Musake on the verge too, the future is Blue! 

Think you need to exclude last year out of your mind, finishing top 10 will be an achievement with champions league to contend with too and hopefully not getting knocked out of the cups to early. 

We probably didn't do enough two summers ago in bringing in just Ulloa and Cambiasso really to add to the Championship-winning side; they did OK and finished top scorer and POTY respectively as we stayed up. Then we only brought in Okazaki, Huth, Inler, Benalouane and Kanté last summer; we lost our best midfielder in Cambiasso but we won the league. This summer we've improved the squad in all areas with some quality and some great potential: Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy, Kapustka and Musa. You can add Gray and Chilwell, plus Matty James returning. Even losing Kanté, objectively speaking anyone from outside would say this is a team/squad that has improved sensibly and by all accounts you would expect it to better what we did last year. I don't think we will - other teams have improved too, we have more games and more attention on us - but we should do OK.

Would people be happy if we'd made half the signings but bought in, say, Ibrahimovic? A world class player, no doubt - but would he have made us harder to beat? Would he alone have given enough extra to keep the team at or above the same level? Maybe, maybe not. But it seems to me we are continuing the work that has been going on for a few years under this regime and has served us pretty well. My question is less about this season than the future - how much of this is Steve Walsh's philosophy? I don't know enough to say that he, Top/Vichai or Rudkin (or someone else) have been behind what is clearly a long-term plan to build on a core and avoid wholesale changes every summer. I hope it's been a mixture of all of them, so we can keep it going. 

In the meantime, as always, I will be excited about the new season and look forward to seeing what it brings. I don't think the stars will align like last year, but I think we are in a great place and should enjoy it. 

Archived