Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxFromCoalville

Sunderland Away (Saturday 3rd December)

22 minutes ago, blurryface said:

think this will make 150+ surely? looking at it today and there is a block of green then several grey boxes that look like they haven't gone on sale yet? unless they've sold it in reverse order?

This will make it to members very easily, it may even make some sort of general sale. I would say there is half the allocation left.

22 hours ago, blurryface said:

think this will make 150+ surely? looking at it today and there is a block of green then several grey boxes that look like they haven't gone on sale yet? unless they've sold it in reverse order?

21 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This will make it to members very easily, it may even make some sort of general sale. I would say there is half the allocation left.

I know this is a fairly long trip in December with plenty of other outgoings as well as football, but this does make me laugh. All the moaning over the last 12 months about how flawed the away priority points scheme is. If you have had a season ticket for 3 years you could have got tickets for most away games this season. Very, very easy to build up some points.

I appreciate that not everyone can afford to go to every game. but when the big games come around those that have been loyal, deserve priority.

The issue of reference lending is another issue, but even then, build up your own points when possible and even that is of no relevance sooner rather than later.

Cant wait for the next big and/or possibly lower allocation game when the moaning starts again.lol  Bournemouth sales will be interesting, although due to the timing will probably still go a way down the points.

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I know this is a fairly long trip in December with plenty of other outgoings as well as football, but this does make me laugh. All the moaning over the last 12 months about how flawed the away priority points scheme is. If you have had a season ticket for 3 years you could have got tickets for most away games this season. Very, very easy to build up some points.

I appreciate that not everyone can afford to go to every game. but when the big games come around those that have been loyal, deserve priority.

The issue of reference lending is another issue, but even then, build up your own points when possible and even that is of no relevance sooner rather than later.

Cant wait for the next big and/or possibly lower allocation game when the moaning starts again.lol  Bournemouth sales will be interesting, although due to the timing will probably still go a way down the points.

Personally, I couldn't justify this game. It means leaving at 10am and returning at 9 or so at night. That is the complete Saturday gone. If I was going with a couple of mates I would happily do that trip but not driving alone. Plus with a baby on the way this is one of the few weekend days that I actually have a whole day free so I can get stuff done. I think a lot of people are in similar positions with Christmas around the corner.

Again, from my side, I hope Bournemouth goes down to my priority. It is midweek and I don't mind being away for an evening and having a short night sleep. This is probably the best chance anyone has of getting to Bournemouth away. However, if I don't get a ticket then I cannot moan as I have my points because of how many away games I have been. Following your team home and away is a massive commitment and unless you are single and pretty much this is your main/only hobby then it is very hard.

I don't think Sunderland will even sell out, probably end up with 500 or so empty seats.

45 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Personally, I couldn't justify this game. It means leaving at 10am and returning at 9 or so at night. That is the complete Saturday gone. If I was going with a couple of mates I would happily do that trip but not driving alone. Plus with a baby on the way this is one of the few weekend days that I actually have a whole day free so I can get stuff done. I think a lot of people are in similar positions with Christmas around the corner.

Again, from my side, I hope Bournemouth goes down to my priority. It is midweek and I don't mind being away for an evening and having a short night sleep. This is probably the best chance anyone has of getting to Bournemouth away. However, if I don't get a ticket then I cannot moan as I have my points because of how many away games I have been. Following your team home and away is a massive commitment and unless you are single and pretty much this is your main/only hobby then it is very hard.

I don't think Sunderland will even sell out, probably end up with 500 or so empty seats.

Some great points mate. I'm not really having a go at those who don't go for whatever reason. We are all supporters. I was more having a go at the endless moaning from those who can't get tickets when it comes to a big game.

It's like everything I guess, the system is only fair when it suits us. 

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

Some great points mate. I'm not really having a go at those who don't go for whatever reason. We are all supporters. I was more having a go at the endless moaning from those who can't get tickets when it comes to a big game.

It's like everything I guess, the system is only fair when it suits us. 

Sorry, wasn't meant to be written as a dig at you. It was completely without context, just a generic point I made.

I fully understand the point you make and I agree. I also know, a point made on this forum a lot, about those who are keeping loyalty points but hardly ever go any of the games (although I think these are a minority).

I find it crazy how easy it has been for me to pick up points this season, from starting the season at 158, I'm now well into the 160s, with 165 in sight. I get there's extra costs and more games now but I really thought the demand would be higher, this will remind me of the cold trip to Newcastle last season, around the same time I believe!

Just looked at one of the sections which is still shown green in availability and there are 182 seats free. There is another section yellow in availability and two sections red. They went on sale to Silver at 9AM this morning, may still sell out once they have been through silver and city fox.

13 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Just looked at one of the sections which is still shown green in availability and there are 182 seats free. There is another section yellow in availability and two sections red. They went on sale to Silver at 9AM this morning, may still sell out once they have been through silver and city fox.

There are still a few blocks to go on sale though. Two big blocks and two small blocks still to be sold. So I guess about 800-1,000 tickets left?

On 24/11/2016 at 09:05, AjcW said:

Balls... First away I can get tickets for and train is £150 lol I hate this country sometimes, I got a quote for a ****ing flight to Germany for £10 return the other week!

Can 100% get cheaper than that.

Split returns from leic to derby, derby to sheff, sheff to york and then get grand central return from york to sunderland

On 24/11/2016 at 09:05, AjcW said:

Balls... First away I can get tickets for and train is £150 lol I hate this country sometimes, I got a quote for a ****ing flight to Germany for £10 return the other week!

For a long journey like this why not go on the coach. £14 Ausden-Clark or £18 Fox travel. Dropped and picked up at the away ground. It really ain't as bad as most people say. On the way back it's very quiet as well, as half are asleep. If the pies are as shit as the free ones at Sunderland last season, there is also a toilet on board as well. lol

Archived