Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Was she hiding them or not...she's making it sound like she had to hide them yet claiming that she had to self-assess lol

If she had to hide them why was she hiding them from herself?

it’s a bit dodgy if you ask me!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a surprise that ufc 300 delivered given the sheer amount of talent on the card. Pereira is probably the best pound for pound fighter right now given the no of champions he's beaten imo. Holloway the star of the show though. Surely the best end to a ufc fight ever. Topuria looked genuinely nervous when he called him out afterwards and rightly so!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Not really a surprise that ufc 300 delivered given the sheer amount of talent on the card. Pereira is probably the best pound for pound fighter right now given the no of champions he's beaten imo. Holloway the star of the show though. Surely the best end to a ufc fight ever. Topuria looked genuinely nervous when he called him out afterwards and rightly so!

you can’t help but love Holloway. Was ahead on the cards and set to win but wanted to go toe to toe with him and slug it out.  RESPECT.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea how they are getting away with that, co-op live barely got a late night license. Crowd won't file in until at least 1.30am and will kick out at nearly 7.00 am on a Sunday morning. I bet a good portion of the crowd will be so steaming by the time they card starts that they won't remember any of the event anyway. Good luck to the staff working that event. Completely insane decision.

I'd be shocked if it sells out - if it does I think it'll be the quietest crowd ever as everyone is gonna be bollocksed - unless they're offering free cocaine in the toilets lol

Could almost understand it if it meant that the American PPV crowd would have to stay up till a ridiculous hour, but it just means the card fight would be on in the afternoon/early evening

They could with finding some middle ground and having the Main Card Start at 11pm UK time. 

14 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'd be shocked if it sells out - if it does I think it'll be the quietest crowd ever as everyone is gonna be bollocksed - unless they're offering free cocaine in the toilets lol

Could almost understand it if it meant that the American PPV crowd would have to stay up till a ridiculous hour, but it just means the card fight would be on in the afternoon/early evening

They could with finding some middle ground and having the Main Card Start at 11pm UK time. 

main card 11pm UK time would mean west coast USA time of  3pm. Everyone would still be at work.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

On a Saturday?

Yes :ph34r:

ok maybe not everyone.  . But UFC is all about Saturday night with a drink in your hand. Can’t do that   So easily at 3pm with the kids still up I guess. It suggests to me that  they are still pandering to the American audience and it’s a bit more of a gimmick taking it to Manchester  rather than a genuine desire to expand their global audience…

44 minutes ago, MPH said:

ok maybe not everyone.  . But UFC is all about Saturday night with a drink in your hand. Can’t do that   So easily at 3pm with the kids still up I guess. It suggests to me that  they are still pandering to the American audience and it’s a bit more of a gimmick taking it to Manchester  rather than a genuine desire to expand their global audience…

Oh 100% they're pandering to the american audience - which is fine, that's gonna be where the majority of their PPV buyers will come from.

If they want to do that though, have it in America where the crowd isn't gonna either be half asleep or have to be coked out their heads lol

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh 100% they're pandering to the american audience - which is fine, that's gonna be where the majority of their PPV buyers will come from.

If they want to do that though, have it in America where the crowd isn't gonna either be half asleep or have to be coked out their heads lol

lol

Stage is set for an Aspinall defense, surely.... i suppose its too much to hope for John Jones?   I noticed N'Gannou said he hadnt closed the door on a return... It will probably be a european challenger to help wake up that 3 am crowd lol

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol

Stage is set for an Aspinall defense, surely.... i suppose its too much to hope for John Jones?   I noticed N'Gannou said he hadnt closed the door on a return... It will probably be a european challenger to help wake up that 3 am crowd lol

N'Gannou is signed upto the PFL for now - think he has a fight soon.

Sounds like it'll be Edwards and Aspinall co-headlining. 

Main noise seems to be for Edwards v Belal.

Bobby Green all but confirmed he'll be fighting Paddy Pimblett.

Feel like I'm already committed to staying up till 6am for about 5 or 6 or the next 13 Saturdays with the boxing and UFC cards that are lined up.

At least footie season will be done so I won't be starting the day off at 11am, these 11am till 6am drinking sessions are fun but I pay for them the next 2 days lol

• Like 1

On 26/04/2024 at 11:07, MPH said:

The last uk card time was actually (and surprisingly) met with overwhelming positivity in the US. Even had them asking if all cards could be that time. Everyone wins with that. 

3am uk card what is even the point :(

That being said I'll absolutley be watching it so who's the real mug? 

Belal. That's who