Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Am I the Only One Struggling to Care?

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not "turning my back" because we aren't playing well. I really don't give a shit about the crap performances. That's the point. 

I don't see any insult in the post you've quoted but in any case a person's status as a "loyal fan" doesn't come into whether or not I feel they are worthy of insult.

Clearly you did.

"Anybody who measures a person in such terms is must be crushingly boring."

you took it as an insult he couldnt work out your angle, if its you fell out of love with footie, i reiterate sell your season ticket to soneone who WANTS to be there, you going week in week out begrudingly doesnt help you and certainly doesnt help the team. If, however winning the prem is your pinnacle of support after a supposed 23yrs then again, i reiterate sell your season ticket to soneone who WANTS to be there, you going week in week out begrudingly doesnt help you and certainly doesnt help the team. I cannot see any other way that benefits both parties 

Just now, spudfox2911 said:

Clearly you did.

"Anybody who measures a person in such terms is must be crushingly boring."

you took it as an insult he couldnt work out your angle, if its you fell out of love with footie, i reiterate sell your season ticket to soneone who WANTS to be there, you going week in week out begrudingly doesnt help you and certainly doesnt help the team. If, however winning the prem is your pinnacle of support after a supposed 23yrs then again, i reiterate sell your season ticket to soneone who WANTS to be there, you going week in week out begrudingly doesnt help you and certainly doesnt help the team. I cannot see any other way that benefits both parties 

Well, that's my opinion. If that qualifies as an insult then so be it. It's only football.

I'll do as I wish. I won't be selling my season ticket. If I'm still not bothered come renewal time then I just won't renew.

Am caring as back-to-back defeats against Watford and West Brom should cause some form of concern. Especially as these teams didn't really have to sweat to get a goal or two.

But I'm confident the situation will be turned about now there's less group games, but just want Ranieri to change things including personnel and also formation and not make it predictable for the opposition. :fc:

I've been supporting our wonderful club for over fifty years, man and boy ,and I believe its the ups and downs that make us the best supporters in the country. Who wants to be a glory hunter when you can support your local team through thick and thin and reach heights I never thought possible. Dust yourself off and get behind your team next Tuesday and Saturday and dare to dream. Players come and go but we are in it for the long ride. Just enjoy it.

Just now, LJS said:

Well, that's my opinion. If that qualifies as an insult then so be it. It's only football.

I'll do as I wish. I won't be selling my season ticket. If I'm still not bothered come renewal time then I just won't renew.

Hence why he called you plastic. Obviously do as you wish, I wouldn't have it any other way. But remember whilst you sit there bemoaning about being a fan of LCFC there are thousands of fans who'd love to be sat where you are. I don't see the point of you going from your comments. I'm not having a pop, just saying it how reads

1 minute ago, foxgas said:

I've been supporting our wonderful club for over fifty years, man and boy ,and I believe its the ups and downs that make us the best supporters in the country. Who wants to be a glory hunter when you can support your local team through thick and thin and reach heights I never thought possible. Dust yourself off and get behind your team next Tuesday and Saturday and dare to dream. Players come and go but we are in it for the long ride. Just enjoy it.

This is enjoyable as Root Canal! 

18 minutes ago, LJS said:

Read that back to yourself, if you really mean what you say then you are going to leave your seat empty (which a fan could use) until the end of the season to "see if we are any better" then you might renew. Can you see why some would say "plastic" about that attitude

2 hours ago, LJS said:

I've posted this elsewhere but wondered if others are feelimg similarly.

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing this time around and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches. 

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around. 

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

I havnt posted for about 4 years but had to respond....this is exactly how i feel!! to be honest i even felt like this at the end of last season, when i should have been celebrating our clubs greatest ever achievement after following the years of shit i really wast really that bothered! dont know why but just lost interest, i wish it was different but can't help how i feel! something has gone from me......probably because i havnt been able to go since last august partly because i cant afford it and partly because i cant get a ticket!

6 minutes ago, spudfox2911 said:

Read that back to yourself, if you really mean what you say then you are going to leave your seat empty (which a fan could use) until the end of the season to "see if we are any better" then you might renew. Can you see why some would say "plastic" about that attitude

I'm not leaving it empty. I haven't once said I'm leaving it empty. Nor have I said anything about "seeing if we are better". So I can't see how anybody would suggest I am "plastic" (a moronic term at the best of times) unless they can't read.

You are making things up.

Guest FriendlyRam

Being a Derby fan I don't have this problem haha

But you only have to look at Djockvic since winning the French, since winning there and completing his career slam he's not looked his old intense self, that's what happens when you stick something on a pedestal and then reach it (he admitted it himself but no in the same terms) you've achieved what you believe to be the pinnacle and its only going one way emotionally after and that's down, less motivation and even depression in some cases, because your whole life became that pedestal... its hard to take maybe imo, even though you won. 

Like I say.. Derby wont ever give me that so its all good.. more playoff heartache etc etc.. lol 

2 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not leaving it empty. I haven't once said I'm leaving it empty.

Sorry, i misconstrued your sentiments then. 

Then just try to enjoy it, appreciate what you had, have and can look forward to. Could be worse Wigan, Portsmouth etc. 23yrs is a long time to just suddenly lose interest. Like you said if your heart ain't in it come the end of the season let someone else have the opportunity. Chin up bud.

1 minute ago, FriendlyRam said:

Being a Derby fan I don't have this problem haha

But you only have to look at Djockvic since winning the French, since winning there and completing his career slam he's not looked his old intense self, that's what happens when you stick something on a pedestal and then reach it (he admitted it himself but no in the same terms) you've achieved what you believe to be the pinnacle and its only going one way emotionally after and that's down, less motivation and even depression in some cases, because your whole life became that pedestal... its hard to take maybe imo, even though you won. 

Like I say.. Derby wont ever give me that so its all good.. more playoff heartache etc etc.. lol 

Interesting and very good point

16 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not leaving it empty. I haven't once said I'm leaving it empty. Nor have I said anything about "seeing if we are better". So I can't see how anybody would suggest I am "plastic" (a moronic term at the best of times) unless they can't read.

You are making things up.

I'm not making things up, I misconstrued your statements, there is a big difference.

I don't like the term "plastic" either, that's why I only use it in phrase of someone else's comment, I don't like derogatory terms for any real fan.

So now, because I paraphrased the term used in a comment about your attitude, you passive aggressively call me a moron. Another lovely term. When I was merely trying to see your perspective as I don't understand how you support for 23yrs, ST Holder for 7, to just walk away. Maybe the guy from derby above has a point about the hangover/pinnacle thing. It just hasn't affected me like it has you and others.

Anyway, my apologies if I unintentionally offended you, I'm not the best at translating text to actual context.

We as fans are in it together, turning on each other or the players /manager/club will not help at all.

Chin up

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

We never got near winning anything until big money and branding came into the game. Modern football's been good to us. 

True, you can look at it that way - We capitalised on the complacency that was born out of the branding and money, and I wouldn't swap it for the world.

But my hope was that it might have brought about a change for the betterment of the game itself in the sense that we exposed the lack of integrity prevalent in the top-flight heirarchy by doing what we did... I thought some of the big clubs might have been more magnanimous and we might have forced the status quo to adjust into a more even playing field (no pun intended)  . But no, instead they all just flexed their financial muscles even more.

Still want the FA cup in that trophy case and to see LCFC establish themselves for a long period in the top flight but I must admit, this season is a bit weird in regards of how I feel.

Maybe a break is needed but I'll see how I feel at the end of the season, for the moment I have my ST and intend not to miss any games unless through illness.

Archived