Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Am I the Only One Struggling to Care?

I've posted this elsewhere but wondered if others are feelimg similarly.

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing this time around and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches. 

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around. 

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

Last season was so amazing that I fear nothing will ever be nearly as good again, which to me has made watching football a bit pointless.  Its been amazing watching us play in the champions league this season but I fear next that I won't be able to find much enjoyment in watching football. 

21 minutes ago, LJS said:

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing this time around and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches. 

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around. 

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

I know what you mean, I had the old desire against Spurs but it's not the same anymore. 

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

I understand what you're saying.

It's like anything in life, once you've achieved your goals and reached the pinnacle it can only feel like downhill from then on. Having lived away from Leicester for many years now, I had the time of my life last season basking in the glory of all the compliments I received from fans of other clubs. Now this season they're all taking the piss because we're crap and I've found my stock reply being "I don't give a shit. We won the premier league so I'll die a happy man". It's a lazy and complacent attitude, but like you I never believed we could ever 'build' on last season or consistently mix it at the top with the big clubs in the future. I always expected us to return to 'normality' pretty soon afterwards and having suffered years of yo-yoing between divisions, that's what I suspect will soon happen again to a club of our size. I know this is a pessimistic outlook, but the years of hurt have taken their toll and I can only ever see last season as being a beautiful, romantic, once in a lifetime 'one off'. And I'm O.K. with that.

24 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not sure it's football that has killed it for you chief 

quite a depressing read , have a pint 

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Concentrate on Europe, why the hell not.

Disappointing we're doing so pathetically in the league but this season is all about enjoying Europe - after all, it might never happen again...

Do a Wigan 

win in champions league and get relegated 

be something to tell the kids 

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Last time I checked you take the the rough with the smooth. We aren't going to hit the heights of winning the premier league again so you don't renew? Is Leicester your club or not? Have a word with yourself ffs. 

You misunderstand. I haven't got the arse that we aren't very good. In fact we currently many times better than most city sides I've paid to watch over the years. I've never been bothered that we're not very good. I'd never have been a City fan had that been the issue.

I'm just not motivated by it any longer. I'm going to give it the rest of the season and I hope I get it back. But if not somebody else will have better use for my place in the stadium.

12 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I'm not sure it's football that has killed it for you chief 

quite a depressing read , have a pint 

I'm not depressed ffs. :D

Life is good. Football just isn't doing it for me at the moment. I hope I get the feeling back but if I don't there are other things I can do with my time and money.

Only the CL nights have come close to the highs of last season emotionally for me.

I don't like it when we lose. I don't like it when we play like drains. But at the same time I'm brushing off defeats much easier this season.

Just make sure we stay up and enjoy Europe and we build again next season.

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not depressed ffs. :D

Life is good. Football just isn't doing it for me at the moment. I hope I get the feeling back but if I don't there are other things I can do with my time and money.

Plastics 

i see plastics everywhere 

lol 

I want an F.A. Cup to complete the domestic treble but that's difficult to "aim for" as we'd need to field full strength sides...okay, first choice sides (there's nothing much strong about the current performances) and hope to avoid the bigger sides in the early rounds. But the thought of winning it and having that one street party we haven't had yet is something to hang on to.

A Europa League / cup could be realistic but only gets exciting in the final couple of rounds, the thought of endless group games against FC Wherezefuxvatt of Amateur Level Land hardly gets the pulses racing. Champions League ? Presuming that we go through, we'd just need to avoid defeat for six games i.e. score draws away and nil-nils at home and bingo we're in the final! Hopefully someone else will do the hard work of knocking Barcelona out by then!

Archived