Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Am I the Only One Struggling to Care?

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Joined in for the good times and piss off in the bad times 

that's generally how I determine a plastic 

I've supported the club for 23 years and have been there for the really shit times, including having had a season ticket for the last seven seasons. I'm considering walking away whilst, despite recent form, we are far superior to anything we've seen for most of the 23 years I've supported the club. If you think these are the bad times then you haven't been doing this for long enough.

I'll always follow the club, always take an interest and check on the results. But if I'm going to games and feeling disinterested then it's a bit of a waste of time and money, wouldn't you agree? The amount of time and money you put into football is a measure of nothing other than the level of interest you have in the game. Anybody who measures a person in such terms is must be crushingly boring.

I still feel that big money and branding is killing the game... After winning the league by 10 points, we still couldn't attract the elite-level, hotly touted players who were charmed (as usual) by the big spending, historically big clubs or the "bought team" clubs. It was obvious we wouldn't be able to replicate last season with the majority of the 1st team being the same - last season, players over-achieved in many instances and willed themselves over the line so to speak.

Like I said, the highly rated players we were linked to wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire, despite us winning the PL!! Others might disagree but I truly believe that consideration should be taken into account and our players and manager deserve less blame than they are currently getting.

That being said, I understand LJS' apathy after the anti-climax of winning the league and the disappointing results this season...

CL a joke... 

We aren't going to win it.. so who cares a flying f**k!? 

PL a joke...

We aren't going to win it.. so who cares a flying f**k!?

Might as well get relegated so we can get promoted so we can get relegated so we can...

26 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Joined in for the good times and piss off in the bad times 

that's generally how I determine a plastic 

It's nothing to do with being plastic.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 time when we got relegated under Micky Adams, and endured the mostly low points of being a fan since then. I stuck with the team through season after season of poor Championship finishes, being in League 1, and the play off heartbreaks.

Now though, after winning the PL, you get the sense of 'what now'? The league seems pointless now, as if we've got nothing to aspire to. Obviously I hope we stay up but if we were relegated I wouldn't be as upset as I have been so many times before supporting this club. It's just such a strange feeling of apathy!

56 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Last time I checked you take the the rough with the smooth. We aren't going to hit the heights of winning the premier league again so you don't renew? Is Leicester your club or not? Have a word with yourself ffs. 

This.

There are too many ****ing people with this attitude.

Nobody seriously gets into supporting their team with the intention to **** it off when they win something do they?

You support your team because you enjoy football and the weekly ritual. Football goes on after our win. Leicester City goes on too, so either support (care) or **** off and glory hunt with someone else.

I don't post very often but always reading threads. And this one sums up my feeling. Seeing as I'm only 23 the lowest I've felt was the relegation to league one. Even then I only missed 2 or 3 games a season. I'm at a stage now where I can't even be arsed to look at who we play next. Of course the whole 'plastic' fan thing will be spouted about but it really is unreal how a side can go from last season to this. Could we have been 'doping'? Match fixing, a lot of matches would of needed fixing. But there must be something. I 100000% understand how you feel. Don't think any of the players are Leicester fans or anything. So it's obviously just another job to them. And obviously they know they'll never better last season, but the amount of money they've all been given in bonuses pay rises etc. Would anyone really take Wes Morgan or Huth off us if we got relagated and on £80k a week? It's a shame but I'm losing interest and fast. Not a glory hunter, I don't mind us losing if we give a good go but there's no real urgency or any creativity. 

**** reading that over.. As someone else said think I need a pint!!

25 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I still feel that big money and branding is killing the game... After winning the league by 10 points, we still couldn't attract the elite-level, hotly touted players who were charmed (as usual) by the big spending, historically big clubs or the "bought team" clubs. It was obvious we wouldn't be able to replicate last season with the majority of the 1st team being the same - last season, players over-achieved in many instances and willed themselves over the line so to speak.

Like I said, the highly rated players we were linked to wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire, despite us winning the PL!! Others might disagree but I truly believe that consideration should be taken into account and our players and manager deserve less blame than they are currently getting.

That being said, I understand LJS' apathy after the anti-climax of winning the league and the disappointing results this season...

We never got near winning anything until big money and branding came into the game. Modern football's been good to us. 

Just now, Webbo said:

We never got near winning anything until big money and branding came into the game. Modern football's been good to us. 

But our success was in spite of big money not because of it. It would have in theory been easier to win something before the stupid money came in and it was a more level playing field.

42 minutes ago, weller54 said:

How can we enjoy it knowing what's happening in the PL? 

It certainly takes the gloss off it.

I hate it when we lose. When I was younger and had a social life I sometimes wouldn't

go out if we lost. Now I'm older and wiser and able to put things into perspective it still

ruins my weekend.

5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

It's nothing to do with being plastic.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 time when we got relegated under Micky Adams, and endured the mostly low points of being a fan since then. I stuck with the team through season after season of poor Championship finishes, being in League 1, and the play off heartbreaks.

Now though, after winning the PL, you get the sense of 'what now'? The league seems pointless now, as if we've got nothing to aspire to. Obviously I hope we stay up but if we were relegated I wouldn't be as upset as I have been so many times before supporting this club. It's just such a strange feeling of apathy!

And all the old cliche's are true. "After the Lord Mayors Show", "What goes up must come down", etc. etc.

We had the party of a lifetime last season and now we're suffering the hangover of a lifetime. I totally expected it, so kind of mentally prepared myself for the emotional crash that would follow.

I think those supporters who actually believed we'd kick on or sustain a regular top 4/6 push are finding it the most difficult to deal with right now.

I don't reckon we'll ever qualify for the CL league again in my lifetime, so I'm drinking that in for all it's worth this season in the hope we can look back with pride and satisfaction in our effort. And as others have said, there's always the FA Cup adventure to look forward to :thumbup: 

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

It certainly takes the gloss off it.

I hate it when we lose. When I was younger and had a social life I sometimes wouldn't

go out if we lost. Now I'm older and wiser and able to put things into perspective it still

ruins my weekend.

Thing is.. you can lose in an acceptable way,  that's bearable... but losing like we're doing is gut wrenching.. yet Ranieri says... it's OK,  we play a good match!!! 

...the guys got dementia! 

I can sort of relate, but no. I'm a bit confused honestly, last season was such an anomaly I'm not sure how to assess my expectations and whether I should be furious at how we're playing or accepting that we're back to reality. I find it hard to stop caring, but this year was always going to be an anti climax even if we retained

1 hour ago, LJS said:

I've posted this elsewhere but wondered if others are feelimg similarly.

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing this time around and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches. 

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around. 

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

Yup

I can definitely relate. For instance, I'm totally behind Ranieri, even though I think his leadership since lifting the trophy has been largely dreadful. Some of that must surely be out of  a sense of gratitude which will do nothing to keep us up this season.

So I still get every bit as pissed off when we lose, but I can see how your perspective might be coloured by what happened back in May.

If that's how any ST holder feels, sell your remainder to an actual fan. I don't care how long you say you've been a fan, if you can't support the lads fully whilst going through this period I don't want you at the ground, bitch,  moan,  be angry about tatics, selection, whatever, that's fine but to just turn your back because you got spoilt for 1 season, well, that's what's wrong with football today, blame money, politics or branding, but shit "i like it only when we win fans" are right up there 2 and something out club can do without. 

I can only judge from listening to the radio commentary.

My impression is that we've tended to start away games very slowly, so it was depressing today to see we still haven't learnt that it's essential to start games with full intensity. A slow start puts you immediately on the back foot and hands the initiative to the opposition, and can lead you to be caught really cold and pay dearly - like today.

Quoting our involvement in Europe as an excuse for our performances in the league is lame. We could have put more faith in our fringe players and rotated, tweaking the formation/style where necessary.

I feel that we should have started the season playing with the pride of champions, with intent to do our utmost to defend our title. I am so disappointed, almost ashamed of our attitude.

I guess i could be accused of overreacting, but supporting your team is too emotional a thing for that not to happen occasionally.

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can sort of relate, but no. I'm a bit confused honestly, last season was such an anomaly I'm not sure how to assess my expectations and whether I should be furious at how we're playing or accepting that we're back to reality. I find it hard to stop caring, but this year was always going to be an anti climax even if we retained

I must admit I'm finding it difficult this season to get furious with a team of players who won little old Leicester the Premier League title.

Even though I'm still pissed off when we lose, I just cast my mind back to May and all those euphoric feelings return. They'll always be hero's in my eyes, and delivered the gift I never thought I'd receive as a Leicester fan in my lifetime. I feel like we won the lottery as Leicester fans last season, and instead of being financially secure for life, I'm now 'football content' for life.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

I've supported the club for 23 years and have been there for the really shit times, including having had a season ticket for the last seven seasons. I'm considering walking away whilst, despite recent form, we are far superior to anything we've seen for most of the 23 years I've supported the club. If you think these are the bad times then you haven't been doing this for long enough.

I'll always follow the club, always take an interest and check on the results. But if I'm going to games and feeling disinterested then it's a bit of a waste of time and money, wouldn't you agree? The amount of time and money you put into football is a measure of nothing other than the level of interest you have in the game. Anybody who measures a person in such terms is must be crushingly boring.

Why do you resort to insulting someone who is obviously a loyal fan? The point being wether youve supported them for a year or 90 years, you never just turn your back, because of a few bad performances, be pissed off sure, we all are, but if you can't be arsed to support us then don't and give your ST to someone who'll sing their heart's out, with pride.

I'm not "turning my back" because we aren't playing well. I really don't give a shit about the crap performances. That's the point. 

I don't see any insult in the post you've quoted but in any case a person's status as a "loyal fan" doesn't come into whether or not I feel they are worthy of insult.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I hope this is you being ironic! Surely we won the league in spite of our rivals having sides which cost ten times what ours cost, not because of it. That's why it was the greatest fairy tale ever.

And, I mean, before the era of big money we got near plenty of times. We were football's 'nearly men'. Nearly Champions in '28 and '29 and '63. Nearly FA Cup winners in '49, '61, '63 and '69. Nearly a side that could challenge for the league in the '70s. One of a few teams never to go down to the third tier. When the PL began in 1992 and the financial revolution began, we had spent less than half of the post-war seasons in the second tier, the majority in the top tier, including title and cup challenges. Since then, we have spent less than half in the top tier and one in the third, as well as nearly going out of business.

Until the twin geniuses that were Pearson and Ranieri came along, neither Leicester nor any other modestly funded side had ever come close. But once, a long time ago, we were contenders year in year out. And in 2016, it certainly wasn't the fruit of footballing elitism which led to our triumph, it was precisely the opposite.

Archived