Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Am I the Only One Struggling to Care?

It is a strange feeling, I would go to great lengths to watch Leicester either on tv or live, however, like has been said, I'm not that fussed this season. 

It's like I couldn't wait to see us compete against the big boys and when they battered us in the summer ICC (Barca / PSG) it kind of ruined it. Kante leaving also didn't help as i suppose we will never know what would have happened if he'd have stayed, it's like we'll never have a team like we did last year. 

As others, how can we match last season? The constant plaudits, the great football, the demolition of teams like Man City, Spurs, Chelsea. Best of all, the celebrations, it still feels unreal that we have won the Premier League in my lifetime. 

One thing is for sure.... If the fans are feeling like this, you can kind of understand why the players and staff may also be feeling like this.

I thought this was just me and was feeling a little guilty. I have just begun a position in football so miss all Saturday football, I've only managed to get to Champs league games which I have enjoyed but aside from that I'm really struggling to get into following us in the league at the moment. I'm hoping it's just temporary.

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

The idea is to get back down without falling off ! 

Then plan your next climb 

Nah mate, slide down on your arse breaking every bone and bit of life left in you before crashing to the bottom and staying there is how it's done.

I am a glass half full kind of guy as you can probably tell lol 

25 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Enjoy the CL we get one shot at it. Go as far as we can then back to what we've been used to all our lives. 

2016 has been an unbelievable ride but surely we all knew we would go back to "normal" anyone who thought otherwise is deluded.

Hmmm really? I think it would be fair to assume we  might have attempted to cement ourselves as a top 6 team rather than losing the drive and identity that helped us complete the unthinkable.

I'm not as arsed as I used to be when we lose anymore in all honesty. Is it plastic to feel totally apathetic towards the league this season? Not one bit. As long as you back these players and this team 100% then who cares. Rather that than some of these 'proper' fans who've been calling this group of players shite and all manner. 

59 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

It is a strange feeling, I would go to great lengths to watch Leicester either on tv or live, however, like has been said, I'm not that fussed this season. 

It's like I couldn't wait to see us compete against the big boys and when they battered us in the summer ICC (Barca / PSG) it kind of ruined it. Kante leaving also didn't help as i suppose we will never know what would have happened if he'd have stayed, it's like we'll never have a team like we did last year. 

As others, how can we match last season? The constant plaudits, the great football, the demolition of teams like Man City, Spurs, Chelsea. Best of all, the celebrations, it still feels unreal that we have won the Premier League in my lifetime. 

One thing is for sure.... If the fans are feeling like this, you can kind of understand why the players and staff may also be feeling like this.

If that's the case, and the board see that this is the case, would it be wrong for them to move staff and players on?

You and me are entitled to feel that we've got everything and more that we could ever have dreamed of from supporting Leicester City. They can't think that way. If this really is the problem, then at some point we'll be forced to separate sentimentality from pragmatism. 

Just to clarify, I don't think we need to sack Ranieri and clear out the team. I'm just hoping that someone out there is making decisions without sentimentality and self-satisfaction governing their judgement.

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nah mate, slide down on your arse breaking every bone and bit of life left in you before crashing to the bottom and staying there is how it's done.

I am a glass half full kind of guy as you can probably tell lol 

lol 

fill  your glass up and go again 

5 hours ago, LJS said:

I've posted this elsewhere but wondered if others are feelimg similarly.

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing this time around and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches. 

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around. 

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

Somewhat agree, the experience of last season was so intense and so unreal it just feels like nothing else will ever come close unless it's a champions league win which is highly unlikely. 

I wouldnt say i dont care if they have lost, I still love LCFC and want to see them win but just not as emotionally charged as last season to take as much anger from moments against us. 

Id also argue that the league wasn't given to us, I hate when people make that suggestion. No team will ever be not bothered about winning the league, its more the point bigger teams bottled it and we was more than value for money! We deserved the league win after 38 games because of how we was not for what was given to us. 

I have switched off from football in general though, partly to being busy but also knowing the team seem half hearted feels like football just comes and goes slightly. I don't think I could even tell you who are top 5 currently!? :blush:

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

If that's the case, and the board see that this is the case, would it be wrong for them to move staff and players on?

You and me are entitled to feel that we've got everything and more that we could ever have dreamed of from supporting Leicester City. They can't think that way. If this really is the problem, then at some point we'll be forced to separate sentimentality from pragmatism. 

Just to clarify, I don't think we need to sack Ranieri and clear out the team. I'm just hoping that someone out there is making decisions without sentimentality and self-satisfaction governing their judgement.

Personally, I've always thought Ranieri was a 'short term' manager and wasn't happy when he was appointed. However, there aren't many 'long term' managers in the game these days. In my view, Pearson (and his staff) were long term thinkers, Klopp to me is a long term manager.

I think we saw the fruits last season of that 'long term' vision, plus we were lucky with a few world class talents. Ranieris tactics and the teams togetherness. The only way was down was last year so it's not a massive surprise.

However, I do still beleive that CR isn't really a long term manager with a 'master plan' at work, I think this shows in the signings and somewhat 'imbalance' we seem to have. Most managers are like this however, and we've had loads at LCFC. 

At at the end of this season it wouldn't surprise me if CR moved on as may many of the players. If it came to it, I would honestly go for someone like Dyche who for me is a 'team builder' manager rather than what we have currently, at the minute I just don't understand the 'vision' or direction the club are aiming at? It's like we've made a half hearted attempt to join the big boys but we really are nowhere near.

1 hour ago, Goober said:

I'm not as arsed as I used to be when we lose anymore in all honesty. Is it plastic to feel totally apathetic towards the league this season? Not one bit. As long as you back these players and this team 100% then who cares. Rather that than some of these 'proper' fans who've been calling this group of players shite and all manner. 

You must have the mindset of the real fans then.

5 months ago top of the table 3 defeats in about 50 games.

now same group of players 1 win in 6, can't shoot, can't defend.

13 points worse of than last season.

2 points of the relegation places.

just lost unbeaten home record after 20 games and lost consecutive league games for the first time in over 50 games.

Just as the team were praised to high heaven for what they achieved, why should they be criticised for what's gone wrong in a short time frame, with about 60 million of added players to last years sqaud.

Nobody expected the team to replicate last season, but the performances this season have not been 50% of Last years football 

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

Enjoy the CL we get one shot at it. Go as far as we can then back to what we've been used to all our lives. 

2016 has been an unbelievable ride but surely we all knew we would go back to "normal" anyone who thought otherwise is deluded.

I think after winning the league and so comfortably aswell it's unfair to call anyone deluded because they expect better than what is currently being dished up. 

This summer just gone we had our opportunity to sign some quality players and try to cement a top 6 place but we simply didn't grasp that chance.

Now we find ourselves at the bottom again close to relegation. I certainly did not think we would play this badly week in week out. 

13 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Joined in for the good times and piss off in the bad times 

that's generally how I determine a plastic 

I've had 20 years of good times... it's hardly been boring! Now I can't get a ticket for toffee! If someone would pay my transport from wehmouth and back, I'll take his ticket from him!

If we as fans start don't care,then why would we expect the players to?

Negativity filters onto the pitch which weve seen this season with our non existing atmosphere.

Show them it matters still

I watched the game in parts yesterday as I just knew what would happen. The hardest thing is watching the players who gave their all last season give very little this season. It was almost like three seasons worth of effort in one season for the title winning campaign, something we'll probably never witness again.

On the bright side it means the Johnny-come-lately's will disperse and people like me who can't commit to a season ticket can easily get to games like the good old days.

15 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

The thing is we will never get anything like the buzz of last season ever again.

Need to move onto something a bit harder to get that euphoric feeling once more.

Heroin anyone?

How about relegation to the Championship and promotion to the Premier League again?

Just have to put up with a lot of tension and going to some really, really shitty places in the process.

And potentially years of trying.

Archived