Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-2 Middlesbrough - Vote Now

Huth was horrendous. Didn't win a header against Negredo and was at fault for the second goal; Lazy- stood and watched Negredo make that run and stuck an arm up hoping he was offside. Fuchs played him on but that's Huth's man. 

Zieler 4 -Kicking woeful and isn't commanding 

Simpson 5 Not bad 

Huth 2 Liabiliy (see above) 

Morgan 5 Also bullied by Negredo but gets a point for winning the pen. Our first was never a pen though 

Fuchs 6 Got forward well but at fault for the second goal 

Mahrez 6 Some flashes of brilliance in the first half. Rest of team not on his level and there is no one else in the league who can do the things he does. Wouldn't have taken him off although he faded in the second half 

Amartey 6 Some woeful moments but he never hid (unlike his centre mid partner) . Kept going 

King 2 He's not good enough and he hides when things aren't going well

Albrighton 6 Awful first half but improved in the second. Thought his energy was infectious 

Okazaki 5 Brilliant overhead kick, did nothing else

Vardy 3 No longer justifying his place. Barely touched the ball. He can't just blame a lack of service

Thought we looked a real mish mash once all the subs came on. No one knew what they were doing. Slimani at least offered some goal threat. 

Zieler 4 - On this form I'd prefer to see Hamer in between the sticks in Schmeichel's absence. For the second goal Schmeichel would surely have come racing out to narrow the angle and confonted the striker much more aggressively.

Simpson 5 - At times there seemed to be acres of space on his flank, which I guess wasn't entirely his fault, but he was beaten far to easily.

Huth 4 - Very poor today. He looks well past his sell by date at the moment.

Morgan 6 - Usual grit and commitment.

Fuchs 4 - Looked old, tired and slow today. Beaten repeatedly all ends up by speedy winger Traore.

Mahrez 5 - Flashes of brilliance but he still hangs onto the ball far too long, trying to beat everyone twice before releasing it or losing it. At one point Ranieri appeared to be gving him a bollocking on the touchline, and he also appeared to be arguing with Albrighton over a free kick. Is he getting too big for his boots?

King 4 - Weak and inneffectual, sadly. He tried a couple of Drinkwater-style long balls, but failed miserably.

Amartey 7 - Our MOM for me. Very determined, won the ball a lot both on the ground and in the air, and he now appears to have the confidence to surge forward with the ball.

Albrighton 4 - He looks increasingly one dimensional, repeatedly cutting inside and hittng diagonal crosses or wing-to-wing passes, most of which didn't come off today.

Okazaki 7 - Very bright and energetic. Unfortunate not to score with a wonderful overhead volley from Mahrez's dinked cross that slammed against the bar. Pity he didn't shoot when he found himself clean through, instead choosing to play a weak square pass to Vardy which a defender easily cut out.

Vardy 2 - Hard to give him more as he contributed precisely nothing for the entire time he was on the pitch. A lot has been said about opposing defences sitting deeper to deny him space, and him not getting the service, but he is not creating anything for himself by chasing down defenders and taking the ball off them like he used to. His head is not in the right place at all. His form reminds me of the time when he scored and created three other goals in our memorable 5-3 destruction of Manchester United, and people hailed him as the next big star, but then he promptly went missing for six months and didn't score again for 23 games.

subs:

Slimani 6 - A couple of nice touches and a calmly taken penalty under pressure, but is he a big mouth and a disruptive influence? Amartey did not deserve the bollocking Slimani gave him when he accidentally got in Slimani's way as he was about to shoot.

Musa 6 - Looked lively when he came on. Should get more game time.

Gray 6 - As Musa.

Ranieri 4 - He cannot keep rolling out the same players in the same formation with the same tactics week after week. Something needs to change, and fast. At the very least he needs to bench Vardy until he sorts his head out, play Mahrez in the middle if he plays him at all as opponents nullify him too easily when he is stuck out on the wing, and give Gray and Musa (and Kapustka?) more game time.

Ref 6 - Did OK.

Boro 6 - I thought they played very well, and they will feel sorely hard done by to only get the draw. They played the ball around welll, looked much more cohesive as a team than we did, and more capable in possession. They deserved the win in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Some of those are generous in the extreme!

What? I gave four players 3/10.

Generous towards Morgan & Huth? You know what to expect from them, no nonsense defending and that's what they produced. Was Huth at fault for the goals? No in my opinion, he was up the pitch for the first, the whole defence can be blamed for the second.

1 minute ago, norfolkfox222 said:

what on earth are people seeing in Armarty what i arent, SHOCKING, Just like King doesnt pass forwards. Had 1 half decent shot and 1 burst into their half when he shit himself. both not good enough. Roll on January 

Only thing with Amartey is that he's only 21, time to improve. If we can get Mendy fit with Drinkwater and a new CM then Amartey can go on loan

On 27/11/2016 at 11:47, Dickov22 said:

Huth was horrendous. Didn't win a header against Negredo and was at fault for the second goal; Lazy- stood and watched Negredo make that run and stuck an arm up hoping he was offside. Fuchs played him on but that's Huth's man. 

Huth is pointing to Morgan. Huth knows it's gone over his head so that's where Morgan needs to be covering. They did this last season - we were organised - and they were closer to each other. If Morgan is deeper (in line with Fuchs who is somehow keeping Nergedo onside) then he covers and gets that ball.

Not making an excuse there, I just think that's what Huth is pointing for having watched the highlights back. It's a horrific mistake.

The first goal is just as poor though. Negredo jogs through our midfield and not either Amartey or King bother to pick him up. Instead just watch as he finishes the move he started. Absolutely shocking.

We made Negredo look like Drogba.

45 minutes ago, norfolkfox222 said:

what on earth are people seeing in Armarty what i arent, SHOCKING, Just like King doesnt pass forwards. Had 1 half decent shot and 1 burst into their half when he shit himself. both not good enough. Roll on January 

I'm as annoyed when they don't pass forwards, but in the first half especially, their options were limited without just aimlessly kicking and hoping Vardy moves - even Drinkwater would have struggled with 0 movement. Second half when Slim came on I remember Amartey passing forward quite a bit and covered a lot of the pitch. Can't remember King playing so not able to comment on him. 

Amarty was one good player on the pitch but he denied a clear goal chance and that a HUGE mistake for a player especially when your team needs to win 

Although I have to say he doesn't deserve to be shamed , he's still young and learning 

BUT , he doesn't deserve to be acclaimed either , that way he can learn and progress 

I.... I.... just don't. Can I give the side an across the board 4/5 seeing as there was very little to inspire in the game. Huth, Morgan and Fuchs were all equally as poor as Zieler. King & Amartey were hugely exposed by a 5 man midfield (what was Ranieri thinking there, sorry Claudio - but that was a daft move... hang on, we only have an unfit Matty James that could have been a third man... ok you're excused Claudio.. until next week). Vardy looked lacking in enthusiasm again. Nothing came off for Mahrez, but then what do we expect when every opponent puts 2-3 men on him each game.

Bottom line - we need the transfer window to come fast to bring in a few new quality faces. In the summer I'd have gone all out for William Carvalho or N'Zonzi to hold the midfield and Adrien Silva to create and spread the play, now I'm not convinced they will come seeing as all 3 would be cup tied in the Champions League and we're sitting bottom half of the table on the verge of a relegation scrap. And then there's Micheal Keane, a player I thought showed bags of promise when we had him on loan - did we pick him up though? No, Burnley signed him on the cheap, and now we're looking at £20m+... In the summer he'd have come but now the likes of Chelsea and United are sniffing around him it's starting to look unlikely - unless of course he really enjoyed it here the first time round and wants to come again.

*Sigh*

Trying to stay positive. But like many others I saw this as an opportunity to build and consolidate ourselves as a Premier League top 6-8 regular. It's still not out of reach, but it's quite clear that other clubs have bought better than we did in the summer and at present look like better teams. That said, I still think we're only a few signings away from being 'right' - most needed for me is a defensive midfielder and an attacking playmaker in the No.10 role - perhaps then maybe the hit & hope long balls will stop?

On ‎28‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 14:27, kingfox said:

What? I gave four players 3/10.

Generous towards Morgan & Huth? You know what to expect from them, no nonsense defending and that's what they produced. Was Huth at fault for the goals? No in my opinion, he was up the pitch for the first, the whole defence can be blamed for the second.

You should watch the 2nd goal one more time. Giving a 6 to Morgan and 3 to Zieler is criminal.

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

You should watch the 2nd goal one more time. Giving a 6 to Morgan and 3 to Zieler is criminal.

What's wrong with giving Morgan a 6? He won both penalties and was our best defender on the day. The 2nd goal can be blamed on whoever, Fuchs' positioning was the worst of the four.

As for Zieler his kicking was garbage so he deserves a 3.

Huth and Morgan seem to have lost their shape a bit.

They go too far forward at times, which has led to a few goals being conceded recently. Could do with another talented CB like NDidi arriving ASAP to keep them guarded (no, Amartey shouldn't play at CB to try and address the problem).

Archived