Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolhandfox

Lack of Motivation

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I have'nt got a expections problem, with our summer recruitment I expected top ten at best.

Both Vardy and Mahrez have woefully under preformed, name 5 games were Mahrez has been anymore more than average? Same for Vardy?

Kante has been able to perform at a similar level for Chelsea.

I never expected the same return goals wise, but I think 20 goals between then over 50% less then last season is a reasonable target for two players rewarded with 100k a week contracts!

For me Mahrez looks like someone going though the motions, and Vardy seems to have only just found the fire in his belly in the last few months.

You say they've "woefully under-performed" so far - maybe they tremendously over-performed last season? Which one is it?

Also, with a relatively new starting XI established (not just because of Kanté leaving for Chelsea), it's not working the way it used to. Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Amartey, Gray, Ndidi soon and Zieler, Hernandez as well as Chilwell occasionally are part of the first team. There's a lot of shuffling around involved, not just but also because of our CL involvement.

Last campaign saw a pretty much established first eleven, this season we're reeling a bit when it comes to team selection. And that confusion manifests itself on the pitch, too. Just lately we've seen two successive clean sheets, I hope this is the boost needed to pull a run together that propels us back into a region where we do belong.

You make the curious connection between goals scored and wages paid. I don't think it's that simplistic. Could it be that it's down to players not really worth that amount of money they're being paid? I'd consider it a loyalty bonus.

The club obviously didn't want to lose that many key players that quickly last summer, so had to sweeten the deal. The fact that the Arsenal interest lasted for so long shows you how they're still sought after.

I think it's a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

Last year was amazing, but how many times did we come away with a 1-0 win that we maybe shouldn't have got. There were also a few other results where we really did get the rub of the green. I don't want to take away, or forget anything about last season but it really was amazing, more than just because we won it. 

This season has been tough. I think it started preseason, which while playing the big teams in glamorous locales was amazing (PSG in LA was amazing - except for the result), I think it really mentally and physically drained the squad, players and staff alike.  That coupled with the off the field drama of "is Jamie / Riyad / N'Golo staying?" really didn't help. Vardy didn't even have a preseason if we remember. Then the Hull away opener was a kick in the nuts. Opponents are treating us a Champions, and we've had terrible injuries to key players. We've never really got going. There needs to be some blame about recruiting but I think those we got were positions we needed, and upgrades on what we had - backup in Zieler, Hernandez and Musa; more depth with Mendy (who got that awful injury).  But we did miss a trick in not signing real quality creatively but who would you have dropped? The team that won the league and stayed needed to be played again. 

Wes and Huth have not been up to last season, neither has Albrighton or Shinji, and we don't have any outlets creatively other than Riyad, and this time he is getting smashed and triple teamed with no support. 

I'd say we are kind of at level or just below with this team but I don't think they don't want it. 

We are strengthening in the winter and I think there will be another 1-2 to come after Ndidi. I'd like a real go at 7th plus beat Sevilla to be happy. If we do that, I can't think of anyone who won't be genuinely happy. Even from before the season started. 

Sorry bit of a ramble, at work and don't want to be back after the hols! 

This cliche about over performing is utter turd. You do not over perform particularly over the course of the season. A plethora of circumstances could affect your performance but not once will you over over perform. To say as such implies a performance is by luck and that is simply not the case. 

This team were capable of a decent title defence if performance levels were maintained. For whatever reason, too many players have fallen well short. But make no mistake they have it in them. 

On 02/01/2017 at 21:01, melrose said:

Go on then

I'll be the one to ask why?

Quite simply we haven't brought in the quality I think a lot of them would've expected.

Vardy & Mahrez didn't turn Arsenal down for this.

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Quite simply we haven't brought in the quality I think a lot of them would've expected.

Vardy & Mahrez didn't turn Arsenal down for this.

I may disagree with the last bit:

They turned Arsenal down firstly because they may have been found out for what they really are

And somebody decided to give them an extention on their contract and set them up for life.

On the other hand it may be true............................. you decide.

One last point, if we had been relegated, do you think they would have stayed ?

The team acheived something last season that should not have happened, but it did!

I am sure if you asked the players they would deny that they have not come to terms with what has happened last season. The outcome is the players are going through the motion ( subconsciously the weight of being champions).

We are not likely to see the team perform at their PL best until the start of next season.

Yes teams have adapted to the way we play but a little adjustment will resolve this. 

It is the mentality that the players take to the pitch which has been the most stark. From the Charity Shield and all but two games, the players appeared to have just rolled of bed 10 minutes prior to the start of the match.

As much as we are under performing or things are not clicking like they did last season a lot has to go down to the opposition aswel, because we won the league last year teams are going to give it everything when they play us as the majority will be in envy of what happened last season... It's defiantly another factor especially for the 1st we play these sides since our Champions win... maybe this half of the season they won't come out with as much envy and we will start see some wins, its basically the opposite of what we did last season knowing we can beat anyone.

Others factors include poor formation and the whole midfield.

9 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

I may disagree with the last bit:

They turned Arsenal down firstly because they may have been found out for what they really are

And somebody decided to give them an extention on their contract and set them up for life.

On the other hand it may be true............................. you decide.

One last point, if we had been relegated, do you think they would have stayed ?

They'd have been set for life at Arsenal too.

Neither have performed that well but I don't think we've helped either player this season. Mahrez in-particular, he's far better than this.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They'd have been set for life at Arsenal too.

Neither have performed that well but I don't think we've helped either player this season. Mahrez in-particular, he's far better than this.

Agree 100%

I don't think it's ever been about motivation personally. It's quality.

39 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Agree 100%

I don't think it's ever been about motivation personally. It's quality.

I'm not defending not trying, I think that's the wrong way to go about it (although I'm not sure they aren't trying either) but those pair more than any will feel miffed by this. We haven't gotten on their level. Mahrez isn't going to flourish as a defensive winger. You put Hazard in this side he'd look crap.

Mahrez will certainly be off in the summer.

On 03/01/2017 at 09:22, Manwell Pablo said:

There's a lot more sense in this post than the one in which you called Jamie Vardy a poor championship player who can't finish and has no touch who you are now trying to imply should be scoring 20 goals a season in the Premier League whilst challenging for major honors. A prime example of some of the laughable opinions you put across at times. 

We all know you seem to live in this world were Leicester City are one of the biggest names in World football, we should scoff and look down upon the likes of West Brom and Southampton as a vastly superior club which of course is not the case now just because we've managed one league title. Unfortunately this is the real world where we realize you can huff and puff about how great you are all you want it doesn't change reality. 

Kane is a better goal scorer than Vardy, consistently, its ok saying he just scores goals, that's not something that's a bad thing especially when it is 20+ a season, pretty much every season, he is capable of scoring different types of goals,  hence, he scores more goals. and why Vardy wont get near 24 again (and even when he did, Kane still got more than him, and perhaps if Vardy could of done that job from 12 yards out you make out to be so easy that would not have been the case) Vardy lacks dimensions as a striker, is readable, and takes time to re-invent himself every time a divisions center halves work out how to mark him. I find it inexplicable you talk about "analysis" yet seem incapable of looking at a game of football and seeing that what the opposition team does does actually matter and how it is actually preventing Jamie Vardy from being "on it" your  "analysis" of the Manchester City game proved that, "nothing to do with the opposition he just played well" yes, of course, total coincidence the one team that payed no mind to how we set up are the ones that got a tonking.

Although where you've got that I've said he is shit from I don't know, he's not a top six striker, he'll certainly do playing for us.  

If you think this team can realistically challenge for honors on a regular basis time to wake up, if players can't play above themselves and this is how they should be playing 100% of the time they should be ashamed of their careers, as not one of them bar Huth as a squad player has achieved anything near as grand as what they achieved last season, and non of them are particularly young. Pretty odd that if that is their natural level non of them have even threatened to show it till their late 20's don't you think, and once they did, inexplicably they go back to playing at the level they have done for pretty much their entire career, odd, very odd indeed. 

But of course they did play above themselves, in a consistent unchanged team, that gained momentum, had a game plan that nobody went out of their way to thwart until 3/4 of the way through the season, had no cup distractions, was lucky enough to not be interrupted by injuries and had a world class ball winner in the center of the park. This is all gone, not to mention the big teams are now back in business and getting points off them is difficult. Ultimately if the CL spots are now your bench mark I'd pretty much stop following us now, I guarantee you will be very very dissapointed,  prime example of the total lack of realism from some fans, but as I say, from you, not surprised in the least. 

You can't be the best team in the PL for fifteen months (as we were) by 'playing above your own abilities' as you constantly claim. 

We played to the MAXIMUM of our abilities. You physically CANNOT PLAY ABOVE YOUR ABILITIES - something you seem unable to grasp. You can't do more than what is possible. That's where your theory falls down.

Just as the phrase 'we will give the gaffer 110% is ludicrous, you suggest we were physically performing at a higher level than possible over 50 games! 

We were that good for a significant period of time. Come to terms with it. 

We are not any longer performing at our maximum for various reasons, but I don't see why you have this holier than thou attitude, where you condescend to people who see we are playing massively below the level we were playing at for some considerable amount of time previously.

I don't see how we can question the teams ambition, they kicked on and won the league fairly easily at the end. That implies desire,self belief and real courage as individuals to perform consistently to a high level under the most enormous pressure and as a group to keep going. 

i would love to have heard what happened after behind closed doors,  real winning teams are asked how do we improve? What our our goals next year and what do we need to do to achieve them? Where will the ambition you have just shown take you and your team? You are premier league champions what is your next goal?

as far as I can see the attitude from the top was to accept it was a fluke, go  on a world tour and milk it..

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You can't be the best team in the PL for fifteen months (as we were) by 'playing above your own abilities' as you constantly claim. 

We played to the MAXIMUM of our abilities. You physically CANNOT PLAY ABOVE YOUR ABILITIES - something you seem unable to grasp. You can't do more than what is possible. That's where your theory falls down.

Just as the phrase 'we will give the gaffer 110% is ludicrous, you suggest we were physically performing at a higher level than possible over 50 games! 

We were that good for a significant period of time. Come to terms with it. 

We are not any longer performing at our maximum for various reasons, but I don't see why you have this holier than thou attitude, where you condescend to people who see we are playing massively below the level we were playing at for some considerable amount of time previously.

You just suffer from the same simplistic and basic view that kitc does. I'm presuming neither of you have actually played the game. 

It it is more than possible to play above yourself, that doesn't mean doing things you are not capable of, but doing the things you are good at more often than you would normally, we all know Mahrez can skin a player and score, we all know albrighton and Fuchs can whip a good ball in, we all now vardy can run past the last man and finish, etc etc the thing is non of these players would normally do it as often as they did last season and the reasons they did are in the post you quoted and they are now gone. Now you can call that maximum ability instead of playing above themselves if you so wish but either way to expect 9/10 -10/10 performances from these players week in week out is, well I think this is the third of fourth time I've said this now, a total lack of realism. Not just in regards to where we are but to where the teams actually in the title race are.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You just suffer from the same simplistic and basic view that kitc does. I'm presuming neither of you have actually played the game. 

It it is more than possible to play above yourself, that doesn't mean doing things you are not capable of, but doing the things you are good at more often than you would normally, we all know Mahrez can skin a player and score, we all know albrighton and Fuchs can whip a good ball in, we all now vardy can run past the last man and finish, etc etc the thing is non of these players would normally do it as often as they did last season and the reasons they did are in the post you quoted and they are now gone. Now you can call that maximum ability instead of playing above themselves if you so wish but either way to expect 9/10 -10/10 performances from these players week in week out is, well I think this is the third of fourth time I've said this now, a total lack of realism. Not just in regards to where we are but to where the teams actually in the title race are.

Again with the condescention!

This post would have some credence if you had used the description of our team's performances last season as them 'playing to their maximum.'

' Playing above themselves' is not the phrase I think describes what I now think you mean.

Its more of a catch phrase that is trotted out which makes no sense whatsoever, as I pointed out in my previous post. 

Suffice to say, I think this team are capable of far, far more than we are showing this season and  are under performing massively.

I don't see how you can have an issue with that opinion.

Archived