Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolhandfox

Lack of Motivation

This season has seen our star performers under perform. CR seem unable to get a consistent performance from Vardy, Mahrez or Drinky!

Who to blame CR or maybe the players who have ideas of playing for other clubs or simply over performed! 

For how CR got them playing last season, his deserve great credit, but I think he needs to find a why of getting them going again! 

He shouldn't really need to find a way of getting them going.

The players should be taking it upon themselves thinking "D'ya know what, this is embarrasing, I need to buck my ideas up...people are calling us/me a one season wonder, let's get it together FFS!".

I questioned Steve Walsh's ambition when he left for Everton, but I have to somewhat question these players ambition's, surely last year should have pushed these players on, even if they did overperform it should make then want more, or atleast the same standard (Bearing in mind the rest of the league didn't turn up last season but even if they had we'd have had what a top 8 finish minimum?).

I know if they played above their abilty last season, well it's above their ability and there is not alot you can do about that if you can't strive to that again but even so this is no-where near compared to last season, they can't have overperformed that much, i'm just not having it.

it remains to be seen if mahrez is capable of dealing with the treatment that a top player will receive from the opposition.

so far he is wasting his time trying to go it alone but maybe that is ranieris fault for having mahrez as our go to creative player whilst he is so heavily marked.

he could try not to do so much and keep it simple but ranieri is asking him to do too much because the rest of our players arent creative influences.

need to sign creative players to help mahrez and take the focus away from him.

drinky has just been tasked with doing kantes job and being the creative source from central midfield. it is beyond him.

vardy is being told to run onto balls over the top and through he middle, same as last season but we cant play like that anymore partly because of the above.

all ranieris fault but we've made it to january and are 6 points from the bottom 3 and i think 3 from top ten?

last 16 of champions league also.

now we need to sign several players with the quality to improve us or at least make every single game not seem like such a slog.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think the only thing this club is suffering from in certain quarters is a Lack of realism.

Care to explain more? Vardy and Mahrez were two of the league star performers, aren't playing to  anywhere near they did last year? Kane and Ali don't seem to have the same problem at Spurs? 

We thrived on playing a settled XI throughout last season. That's been unsettled this time around for a number of reasons, not just the return of the Tinkerman.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Mahrez look total uninterested in both games for me! 

Thought you were talking about the team in general. I think with Mahrez it's a case of being a marked man and struggling with it. I don't think we've used him that well either this season. I see it as him being frustrated rather than disinterested.

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Care to explain more? Vardy and Mahrez were two of the league star performers, aren't playing to  anywhere near they did last year? Kane and Ali don't seem to have the same problem at Spurs? 

Kane's a more versatile and effective player than vardy. Vardy had a good season, clear for anyone to see we was never going to repeat it. Realistically speaking you'd be happy if he scores 15 a season.

Mahrez I think as col has alluded to perhaps would do a bit better in a side that has other ridiculous creative talents to call upon. Most teams have now worked out priority one is not letting us play how we want too as a team (another issue)  priority two is shut down Riyadh mahrez.

thirdly the whole team played well above itself last season, to expect us to pick up where we left off and even get close to repeating it is, we'll like I say, a total lack of realism. 

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Kane's a more versatile and effective player than vardy. Vardy had a good season, clear for anyone to see we was never going to repeat it. Realistically speaking you'd be happy if he scores 15 a season.

Mahrez I think as col has alluded to perhaps would do a bit better in a side that has other ridiculous creative talents to call upon. Most teams have now worked out priority one is not letting us play how we want too as a team (another issue)  priority two is shut down Riyadh mahrez.

thirdly the whole team played well above itself last season, to expect us to pick up where we left off and even get close to repeating it is, we'll like I say, a total lack of realism. 

I agree, but both players and the team should be preforming better than they had.

Vardy and Mahrez scored 41 goals between them, they will be lucky to get 20 this year!

I would even argue that they both played better in the last eight games of the great escape season! 

58 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Maybe CR got them to over perform last season and this is more their actual level?

This is pretty much the case, especially for the likes of Morgan. Everything was perfect last season. 

As for motivation, I would say it's much more of a struggle to get these players fired up nowadays. Last season they were a bunch of players unwanted by other clubs, on a mission to do something that seemed impossible. Now they've done the impossible, have the cars and wages, and most will only go downhill from here lol 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, but both players and the team should be preforming better than they had.

Vardy and Mahrez scored 41 goals between them, they will be lucky to get 20 this year!

I would even argue that they both played better in the last eight games of the great escape season! 

I dunno, a bit perhaps, but it's as little as 2/3 games going our way out of 20 we'd be in the shake up for a possible europa league place.....personally it's not been the prettiest but I can't be too distraught with where we are sitting atm. 

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I dunno, a bit perhaps, but it's as little as 2/3 games going our way out of 20 we'd be in the shake up for a possible europa league place.....personally it's not been the prettiest but I can't be too distraught with where we are sitting atm. 

I would have took top 10 before a ball was kicked, I think that's about where we will finish. Maybe a little higher if we can get Vardy firing! 

There's an interesting bit in the 'Fearless Foxes' book where King talks about the night they won the league. Says that they all went mental for 20 minutes, then came the phone calls to friends and family etc. before a weird period of quiet where they all sat around just thinking: "where do we go from here? What do we do now we've achieved this ultimate goal?".

I think that's the hangover that we're seeing this season. When they've played with such intensity and pressure and reached the pinnacle of their lives, how do they now get up for it?

Elite players and winners can do it again and again but we're not a team full of them. We won it based on team work and not individual pedigree so, however frustrating it is that we know they can do it (I don't buy that they were playing above themselves - more just at their absolute best), if Mahrez, Vardy etc. could maintain their best every single week then they would never have been as low as they have in the footballing world.

It may be 2017 but people still come across as being in cuckoo land in here.

The players are all getting what they need and we seem to be doing the same things in training that we did last season. Unfortunately, the execution of the individuals is to blame not Claudios motivational skills. Do you honestly think Mourinho has done anything different in the last 3 or 4 weeks to motivate his team into form or even has Guardiola taken his foot off the pedal and stopped motivating like he did at the start of the season when they were whooping everyone?

The bottom line is the manager should make the players feel comfortable in their own skin, show that they believe in them, set them up tactically and then its down to the players to get on the pitch and deliver. Any idiot can see that our lads at times have let us down with the way they have performed. They did it last year but most arent doing it this year. Is it because they have become shite or is it that clubs are now more prepared for us and want to stop our supply line? I get the feeling its a mixture of both.

Finally, I think most of the lads want to play for Claudio. The fact that only one left us last season and 5 or 6 came in is testament to that.

Last season we had a ragtag bunch of nobodies with something to prove, Vardy was rejected by Wednesday and came up through the leagues, Mahrez along with Kante were nobodies when we signed them, Albrighton and Huth were unwanted etc etc and then we won the league, combined with big wage rises I think we lost some of the determination that won us a title. Furthermore, other teams played to our strengths last season by leaving us space and allowing us to counter whereas this season teams will deny us that space and our relative lack of ability with possession has been exposed. Primarily however we're in this position because we don't have enough quality in the squad, the fight and the grit seems to have returned but we need quality creators in the side which we don't have whilst Riyad isn't performing.

Archived