Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

3 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I really was going to be specific about the moment I thought he could be a gem. But I thought I'd leave it out, not put him down.

It was actually within the first 10 or 15 minutes of the game, after that it went wayward (horrendous), but there was a moment he had a nice little canter with the ball out of defence, and that's when I thought "potential gem". 

He will be much more comfortable in Spain.

Joya, I believe will be the word again. 

So you decided 10 minutes into his debut he was going to be a gem? lol brilliant.

Just now, Danny Clender said:

Yes. 

Have you never done that?

Key disclaimer here, the word 'potential' 

After 10 minutes? No mate to be honest, I'm shit and I think I could have a decent 10 minutes at some point in my career and wouldn't expect people to call me the next GTF quite so quickly.

With Schlupp gone and some more potential January transfer dealings around the corner (Ulloa, Hernandez, who's next in line?), it sheds an even worse light on our summer 2016 recruitment.

We bolstered the squad with players that were never or hardly ever properly used. So instead of fixing the system, we're now obviously chasing players who fit a system that has been pretty much found out as far as I can see. Hmm...

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

After 10 minutes? No mate to be honest, I'm shit and I think I could have a decent 10 minutes at some point in my career and wouldn't expect people to call me the next GTF quite so quickly.

Well, good on yer!

'Decent for 10 minutes' I'd take that over 'Famous for 15 minutes' any day. 

I think we all knew the potential when we saw GTF's first 10 minutes, they don't come along too often. 

7 hours ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Sorry?

As a chief scout or head of recruitment any player that is signed should at least be approved by a DOF, chief scout and manager.

Otherwise the system is so flawed. 

Its not as if hundreds of players are being signed every day! Hundreds are watched yes but each scout would be given set games/leagues to focus on by Walsh (now Macia). 

Thats their job! If that didn't happen at Leicester then there is zero point having the set up as it is. It's a waste of time. 

To ensure success recruitment wise every player has to fit a clubs particular philosophy and a head of Rec, DoF and manager should all be in agreement. Occasionally that might not happen fine but to suggest a head of recruitment hasn't at least watched clips or a live game of a signing just shouldn't be true. 

If you know 100% that that doesn't happen at Leicester then fine but that should never ever happen. 

That's not what I said. Go back and read it again 

Embarrassing for the club it really is...if I were the owners I'd be sweating, I'm predicting a painful end to this season, and it serves them right for a ****ing appalling pre season.....

Musa, Hernandez, Mendy (possibly), RRZ and Slimani have all been substandard. 

10 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Embarrassing for the club it really is...if I were the owners I'd be sweating, I'm predicting a painful end to this season, and it serves them right for a ****ing appalling pre season.....

He's played like three games ffs

12 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I think it would be a good idea to sign an actual RB for cover, unless Simpson has some clause in his contract that wont allow it. Since last year, we've had Amartey, Benalouane, Hernandez and even Wasyl play in that position, and all of them are shit there. 

I totally agree. and not just for cover. a RB that has more going forward for when our tactics require it.  

On 21/01/2017 at 00:31, Callabinho said:

Serves the owners right for trusting Steve Walsh? Bit harsh. 

On 21.1.2017 at 01:31, Callabinho said:

I don't think they're all bad players at all and you're being rather harsh with your assessment, seeing that most of the names you mention have hardly ever played regular football for us, as they're usually been deployed as subs. Mendy's been out for a while with injury, so no point in criticizing him yet when he's not had the chance to put in a prolonged series of games under his belt.

What is embarrassing, however, is the scattergun approach transfer policy last summer, expecting all these new arrivals (attackers mostly) to fit in neatly, when they haven't AND some of our own fans' expectations, thinking we'd continue where we left off last May.

HERNANDEZ OFF TO MALAGA

Leicester City defender Luis Hernandez is close to agreeing a deal to join La Liga side Malaga, just seven months after coming to England, Sky sources understand.

We understand Hernandez has now completed a medical in Spain, and only has to agree personal terms before signing his new contract.

He joined Leicester on a free transfer in the summer from Sporting Gijon, but hasn't been able to wrest the right back spot from Danny Simpson.

His move to Spain could be completed in the next 48 ho

Archived