Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hernandez, Musa, Slimani all likely to be Walsh signings (even though two joined after he left but we were linked in January and previous)

Maybe SW had lost his touch...

No idea who recommended Kapustka

It was me. Sorry everyone - my bad.

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hernandez, Musa, Slimani all likely to be Walsh signings (even though two joined after he left but we were linked in January and previous)

Thing is though, those signings could have turned out better if SW was still at the club. He'd probably know how to utilise them better. You never know. 

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Benalouane, Hernandez, Kaputska, Musa (jury still out tbf)  Anyone else I am missing?

Not very impressive I must say. 

This window is so key for us. Claudio and the scouting team have to get it right

Slimani and Mendy?!? Benalouane was summer 2016.

i think Mendy has played well since coming back from being injured, and Slimani has been alright. 

This window seems to have started well with N'Didi. 

By the way, not posted on here for ages because we always lose when I post so get your money on Southampton this Sunday.?

21 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Do you really think all these and last signings are all down to Walsh?

Do you not realise we have a global network of scouts and the recommendations that come from those reports are assessed by a number of internal sources including scouts chief scout management coaches and DOF. All this ...he's a Walsh signing is total rubbish. The chances of a player being found by Walsh and scouted by him and recommended to the manager are Zero.

It does not work like that just because signings were made while he was here does not mean he recommends everyone of them it's a decision reached between a big number of people and the manager then tells them who he wants and the club then try's to bring in the player.

Yes he may have been in charge of the scouts but it don't mean he found all the players or even recommended them. One or two yes but not every one!

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

One of the worst signings we've made for a while, what an absolute fvcking fail.

Played a handful of CL games, most of which we kept clean sheets in. Not sure many other lcfc Signings could say the same! 

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hardly. He was a free transfer. We are selling him for a fee. I'm more disturbed at some of the fees we've blown on so far very mediocre players.

Oh wow a fee now we've hit the big time.

We've wasted money on his wages don't forget.

12 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Slimani and Mendy?!? Benalouane was summer 2016.

i think Mendy has played well since coming back from being injured, and Slimani has been alright. 

This window seems to have started well with N'Didi. 

By the way, not posted on here for ages because we always lose when I post so get your money on Southampton this Sunday.?

Yeh I just meant Claudio's signings so far who have not worked out and oddly not really been given a chance to either.

Slimani I have a lot of faith in and Mendy will be decent I think 

N'didi does look great and exactly what we needed for that position. 

We need to seriously get some bids in though, as we need arguably 2 CB's, 1 RB, a no.10 and a striker if Ulloa goes.

Think we may just end up with 1 RB and 1 CB though at this rate

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Do you really think all these and last signings are all down to Walsh?

Do you not realise we have a global network of scouts and the recommendations that come from those reports are assessed by a number of internal sources including scouts chief scout management coaches and DOF. All this ...he's a Walsh signing is total rubbish. The chances of a player being found by Walsh and scouted by him and recommended to the manager are Zero.

It does not work like that just because signings were made while he was here does not mean he recommends everyone of them it's a decision reached between a big number of people and the manager then tells them who he wants and the club then try's to bring in the player.

Yes he may have been in charge of the scouts but it don't mean he found all the players or even recommended them. One or two yes but not every one!

SW was head of the scouts therefore he is responsible.

There is no way any new player came in to the club without SW having watched them for himself and then had final say on recommending to the manager.

All recommendations of players from scouts would have gone in to SW before he would then assess himself. We know this is how SW worked with his team and analytics guys.

Responsibility falls with the head of recruitment and the manager but we know NP and CR relied heavily on SW.

39 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

SW was head of the scouts therefore he is responsible.

There is no way any new player came in to the club without SW having watched them for himself and then had final say on recommending to the manager.

All recommendations of players from scouts would have gone in to SW before he would then assess himself. We know this is how SW worked with his team and analytics guys.

Responsibility falls with the head of recruitment and the manager but we know NP and CR relied heavily on SW.

Wrong.

all recommendations were not watched by Walsh that would be impossible Do you actually know how many dossiers of players we have who are recommended by our scouts every season?

literally hundreds.

It would have been physically impossible for SW to watch them all.

And new players were brought in to the club without him watching.

Sometimes it was on the management say so if a player was identified by the management team or a player became available that the manager wanted.

You really think you would have this senerio?

Np.... I've had a call so and so is available and I want him we need to move fast.

SW sorry NP I've not watched him yet  so I don't give you the go ahead!

Behave!

He was absolute rubbish, nowhere near good enough for the calibre of the premier league, let alone the reigning champions. Championship standard at best. Watching him play right wing back against Copenhagen was cringeworthy.

15 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Wrong.

all recommendations were not watched by Walsh that would be impossible Do you actually know how many dossiers of players we have who are recommended by our scouts every season?

literally hundreds.

It would have been physically impossible for SW to watch them all.

And new players were brought in to the club without him watching.

Sometimes it was on the management say so if a player was identified by the management team or a player became available that the manager wanted.

You really think you would have this senerio?

Np.... I've had a call so and so is available and I want him we need to move fast.

SW sorry NP I've not watched him yet  so I don't give you the go ahead!

Behave!

Of course we are looking at 100s of players and SW doesn't look at all of those, i didn't say he did, scouting as a team is a lengthy process

However players recommended for signing which would only be a small percentage of that number would surely have SW's stamp of approval. He doesn't need to watch all of the players we are looking at throughout the whole process.

Either way, the summer recruitment has been poor in quality and value for money.

Not like we had a lot of time to really judge him but I thought he was serviceable, nothing more nothing less. Not sure he could have settled in at all given the sporadic playing time he was offered and who knows if we ever saw him at his favoured position. Plus he had a Fuchs-esque throw on him that would have been great if any of our other players could have taken advantage of it!

Hopefully this is a sign we have someone lined up and it's pretty much concrete.

So he played 7 times in total for us. 4 in the league.

I think most of them were played at RB. 

Our CB's have struggled all season, but he was never picked to replace them. 

He must have been awful in training and Claudio must have realised quite quickly that he wasn't good enough or at least deemed not to be.

Hardly had a chance to adjust to the league or even play in his preferred position. People on here calling him awful etc, is pretty harsh in my opinion.

We move on, but we can't a) keep making signings like this or b) not give them a chance. 4 games in the league out of position is not a chance! 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hardly. He was a free transfer. We are selling him for a fee. I'm more disturbed at some of the fees we've blown on so far very mediocre players.

Don't care if he was free, in terms of quality he sucks, his defensive positioning was a joke.

Don't know why we're signing players from Sporting Gijon anyway, almost got relegated.

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Thing is though, those signings could have turned out better if SW was still at the club. He'd probably know how to utilise them better. You never know. 

And they could still turn out good when given a run in a team and time to settle. I've seen nothing in Hernandez granted, but the others have shown glimpses.

Lets not forget two players who we know can be amazing for us in Vardy and Mahrez have looked utter dog muck how we've played this year in gereral because we're set up appallingly.

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Don't care if he was free, in terms of quality he sucks, his defensive positioning was a joke.

Don't know why we're signing players from Sporting Gijon anyway, almost got relegated.

Because not every team that nearly goes down is full of crap... like errr us year before last.

So it has not worked out so be it, all the reports suggested he was a decent player and had been steady for a number of years so as a free why not. There are lots of reasons things do not work out, perhaps he didn't settle or family didn't settle it does happen. Sure plenty can remember when we signed Theo Zagorakis, he was at best a squad player here under MON when we had half the size squad we have now yet he was never a regular yet he went onto great things in the Euros in 2004. The club made a call and it has not worked for both parties it does happen. Improving on the team that were the best in England last season is not as easy as some of the experts on here suggest. Is there any evidence to suggest we are not going to strengthen the back line during this window.

I get the impression he hasnt settled in England and unhappy playing out of his position. Bloke gets in la liga team of the season as a CB and gets played at RB ffs. We have 3 donkeys (inb4 they won us da league) as our other options. What are we doing, we need rotation.

Archived