Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I'm wondering now whether CR is thinking of pushing armerty back into defence and allowing Hernandez to leave. 

Yep, I think that's exactly it now we have Mandy back and Ndidi signed. Don't expect a replacement coming in

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Wrong.

all recommendations were not watched by Walsh that would be impossible Do you actually know how many dossiers of players we have who are recommended by our scouts every season?

literally hundreds.

It would have been physically impossible for SW to watch them all.

And new players were brought in to the club without him watching.

Sometimes it was on the management say so if a player was identified by the management team or a player became available that the manager wanted.

You really think you would have this senerio?

Np.... I've had a call so and so is available and I want him we need to move fast.

SW sorry NP I've not watched him yet  so I don't give you the go ahead!

Behave!

Sorry?

As a chief scout or head of recruitment any player that is signed should at least be approved by a DOF, chief scout and manager.

Otherwise the system is so flawed. 

Its not as if hundreds of players are being signed every day! Hundreds are watched yes but each scout would be given set games/leagues to focus on by Walsh (now Macia). 

Thats their job! If that didn't happen at Leicester then there is zero point having the set up as it is. It's a waste of time. 

To ensure success recruitment wise every player has to fit a clubs particular philosophy and a head of Rec, DoF and manager should all be in agreement. Occasionally that might not happen fine but to suggest a head of recruitment hasn't at least watched clips or a live game of a signing just shouldn't be true. 

If you know 100% that that doesn't happen at Leicester then fine but that should never ever happen. 

57 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Sorry?

As a chief scout or head of recruitment any player that is signed should at least be approved by a DOF, chief scout and manager.

Otherwise the system is so flawed. 

Its not as if hundreds of players are being signed every day! Hundreds are watched yes but each scout would be given set games/leagues to focus on by Walsh (now Macia). 

Thats their job! If that didn't happen at Leicester then there is zero point having the set up as it is. It's a waste of time. 

To ensure success recruitment wise every player has to fit a clubs particular philosophy and a head of Rec, DoF and manager should all be in agreement. Occasionally that might not happen fine but to suggest a head of recruitment hasn't at least watched clips or a live game of a signing just shouldn't be true. 

If you know 100% that that doesn't happen at Leicester then fine but that should never ever happen. 

Nobody really knows what our setup is like now, under Pearson and Walsh they were very close and the trust was there. We were very open about the process, of how the process narrowed things down behind the scenes, with the scouts and analytics creating a bunch of anmes. You then end up with a short list who get watched by SW. 

With Ranieri, we know the trust wasn't there to start with as he wanted Mendy instead of Kante. From what I remember we only went back for the latter after having a bid rejected on Mendy. John Percy wrote the article about Kapustka, stating we'd never watched him live. You only write that if it's something that goes against the grain of how we usually do business.

The way you write it is how you'd like it to work, but Ranieri was the wild card in the mix and the club will back the managers decision. If he wants Benny, he might ask their opinion but ultimately it's his decision as the manager.

This is disappointing. Not given opportunities at CB, yet done well out of position at RB, with an assist and goal saving tackles in the CL. Kept plenty of clean sheets which have been rare this season. He's a bit slow but I still rate him, surely better than Was.

lol at the people slagging off Hernandez after only a handful of appearances. He was one of Gijon's best players last season and arrived at Leicester with a very positive reputation.

And that for free!

I find it a bit of a letdown that he's never really been given a good chance to show what he's really made of. From what I've seen of him, he's more than capable.

It has the air of a somewhat dubious man-management, letting Huth and Morgan play based on last season's exploit only, when both have been rather disappointing themselves in the past five months.

For me Hernandez has the best long throw I have ever seen. Its not just the distance its the fizz and movement on the ball. seeing him hurl them in panicking keepers and defenders really was a sight to behold.

Sadly though all things considered the rest of game was god awful and we looked a worse team with him in it be it at right back or centre half. in years to come he will be hardly remembered by us fans but if he is at all it will be because his throw led to our first ever champions league goal.

Here are his highlights for LCFC - 

So Thanks for that one throw mate and good luck.

2 million euros. Despite the small profit (if we made any at all) - major **** up by our scouting department.

"Hey let's get this defender who has done really great things in Spain playing in a possession-based system and with great passing stats, and play him as back-up to our RB in a team where making more than two ground passes before hoofing up the pitch is not allowed". 

Re: Hernandez, I keep reading the word 'replacement'

Essentially a replacement for Hernandez would be a Mobile Pneumatic Ball Lobber. 

We would then play with 10 Men on the pitch and 3 off who would be move the PBL into position when the ball went out for a throw.

The PBL would be calibrated to Hernandez's actual ball throwing capabilities, so no advantage would be gained.

If we sell him for 1.75 mill, then that's best for all parties.

It was clear to see, he wasn't really having a good time at Leicester and that's what it's all about.

Good Luck to him and thanks for coming, we can still be friends on Facebook.

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

He was absolute rubbish, nowhere near good enough for the calibre of the premier league, let alone the reigning champions. Championship standard at best. Watching him play right wing back against Copenhagen was cringeworthy.

Play Huth as right back and he will look like a League 2 player. 

He had 1 game at CB and our captain was worse than Hernandez that day but Hernandez was forever banned from playing CB again.

And for the people who are saying he's one of the worst signings, Christ, you haven't been watching Leicester City a lot, have you?

Guest CityFan 06

He could've been the 'ball playing CB' we were looking for but hasn't featured at CB, or RB much at all.

I felt in a back three he could've been very effective, if we were ever going to use three CB's as the backline.

Archived