Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I'm not disagreeing with you on the above. However, Riyad is better than that but his own performances have faltered. Kante, for example, quite clearly his presence brought out the best of a number of players who you mentioned above. While Mahrez maybe able to use poor teammates as an excuse for some of shortcomings this year, he can't use it for all of them.

As a Leicester fan, if you offered me Mahrez or Kante. I'd take Kante as Mahrez one season with Kante compared to every other season Mahrez has played without Kante has been just the same. It says more for Kante's talent than Mahrez. What's his excuse for not performing for Algeria. Yes, they lack talent but it adds up to a poor workman blaming his tools. If he truly wants the big move, he needs to step up drastically. Like I said in a previous thread, to get into the top sides you can't be a in and off sort of player.

I think he is far too good to just get another premiership move. Or be a bench player for premiership team. But he needs to show something. Arsenal, Chelsea and United can pick and choose who they want from world football. 

I would take kantè too. But, mahrez and kantè are deferent players. Kantè will get his numbers no matter what and preform in a great or a weak team because he can just slide in, intercept the ball, make a tackle here and there and call it a day. He doesn't need players to make him look better or at least make him preform because he is an independent kind of player. But mahrez is stuck with the domino effect rule (things have to go well across the whole field in order for him to preform in a high level)

31 minutes ago, the fox said:

I would take kantè too. But, mahrez and kantè are deferent players. Kantè will get his numbers no matter what and preform in a great or a weak team because he can just slide in, intercept the ball, make a tackle here and there and call it a day. He doesn't need players to make him look better or at least make him preform because he is an independent kind of player. But mahrez is stuck with the domino effect rule (things have to go well across the whole field in order for him to preform in a high level)

Fair point. I still think he can improve on some aspects of his individual game. Like I said, when he goes, I don't want him to be a Shaun wright Phillips type of signing. To make up the squad. I want him to command that spot. He has the potential of being a talisman for club and country.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

How exactly?. Most of them can't play fast tempo passes. His RB is just hoofing the ball. Albrighton is hoofing the ball. Drinkwater is not doing his job as a box to box properly. look at mahrez and how he trusts gray, you can only do too much before you crack. 

You need to stop whinging about other players. 

This is the Mahrez thread for better or worse. 

You should accept his failings as much as any other player, rather than looking to rubbish anything that is said which is less than positive. 

What is your motivation for doing this? 

You are an fan of LCFC aren't you? 

12 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

1-You need to stop whinging about other players

2-This is the Mahrez thread for better or worse. 

3-You should accept his failings as much as any other player, rather than looking to rubbish anything that is said which is less than positive. 

4-What is your motivation for doing this? 

5-You are an fan of LCFC aren't you? 

1-When other people here stop complaining about them, I will stop. It is not like I'm telling lies or any thing!

2- and I am talking about the reasons he is underperforming

3-well, he shares a lot of the blame and I thought I shouldn't bring those things up because they are clear

4- defending a player that is blamed for things that he is not responsible for in 70% of the time

5-no, I'm clearly a forest fan :dry:

11 hours ago, the fox said:

1-When other people here stop complaining about them, I will stop. It is not like I'm telling lies or any thing!

2- and I am talking about the reasons he is underperforming

3-well, he shares a lot of the blame and I thought I shouldn't bring those things up because they are clear

4- defending a player that is blamed for things that he is not responsible for in 70% of the time

5-no, I'm clearly a forest fan :dry:

Actually if he's 30% responsible for everything that's going wrong that makes him the worst player we've ever had....which he isn't,,,pick your "stats" carefully otherwise some ar$ehole (probably about my size) will notice it lol

4 hours ago, Argarath said:

I think you are a Mehrez Solemaini fan :P

I know you are joking but, i'm desperately waiting for next season because my opinions won't get pushed aside by some because I am probably just a mahrez fanboy. (But slimani could stay:ph34r:)

52 minutes ago, the fox said:

I know you are joking but, i'm desperately waiting for next season because my opinions won't get pushed aside by some because I am probably just a mahrez fanboy. (But slimani could stay:ph34r:)

He's crap actually, on par with the rest of the team bar Gray and Ndidi. We'lll see what he got tonight.

52 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

People on here talking about who they think we might see turning out for us next season! If we go down, which is now more likely than not, non of your favourite players will be staying.

Reality check. The players could do with one too!

Well, that's their problem. This is Leicester city FC. It's Not mahrez FC, slimani FC or Kasper FC. I will be happy to see those kind of "fans" go after their "favourite" player leave.

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

Well, that's their problem. This is Leicester city FC. It's Not mahrez FC, slimani FC or Kasper FC. I will be happy to see those kind of "fans" go after their "favourite" player leave.

I would love Mahrez to give it one more season. If we stay up that is. I think under a better manager whose sets the team up to allow him to express himself and protects him from the double mark, he will flourish with Gray, Kaputska and Slimani. 

I knowits wishful thinking.

Just dont go somewhere to make up the numbers.

3 hours ago, the fox said:

On the bright side. When we started losing every game, the facebook page was readable again :)

1 hour ago, Argarath said:

On the bright side. When we started losing every game, the facebook page was readable again :)

Can't blame them lol. Most of them lost interest after the afcon. For me, the fans that want a real interaction with other Leicester fans should come here. Facebook was always like.

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

A bad first half, a very good second half but the thing that I loved from him was his work rate and tracking back. Not the prettiest of performances but he covered his slide very well. I expect an amazing performance at the king power. COYF:scarf::scarf:

work rate? its like his in a constant jog?

very good second half? he was pretty non existent apart from 1 or 2 runs

Just now, HankMarvin said:

work rate? its like his in a constant jog?

very good second half? he was pretty non existent apart from 1 or 2 runs

He was one of our most intelligent players in that he kept the ball and won several free kicks at times when the team needed it.

Far better than Albrighton at the moment and Gray, who for all his skill can be quite naive

2 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

He was one of our most intelligent players in that he kept the ball and won several free kicks at times when the team needed it.

Far better than Albrighton at the moment and Gray, who for all his skill can be quite naive

Nah. For most of the people here, it boils down to who ran the most to be rated. Link up, positioning, ball hold up, work without the ball, all of it fly under the radar.

27 minutes ago, the fox said:

A bad first half, a very good second half but the thing that I loved from him was his work rate and tracking back. Not the prettiest of performances but he covered his slide very well. I expect an amazing performance at the king power. COYF:scarf::scarf:

This is arguably the worst game you could've picked from three years at our club to highlight his workrate. It wasn't there at all tonight.

Archived