Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Exactly what I said in the match thread. They weren't fed at all and let alone upfront. That's why their first half was terrrible. That's Musa shouldn't have started but Gray. What's the point of playing as 10 if he's surrounded by players who don't want the ball? 

Very poor by Ranieri. Tactically he's been out of his depth this season. If it wasn't for Schmeichel this would have ended 5-1. The huge gap in midfield allowed Sevilla to just walk through it. Honestly, Ranieri got out of jail tonight thanks to Schmeichel.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Very poor by Ranieri. Tactically he's been out of his depth this season. If it wasn't for Schmeichel this would have ended 5-1. The huge gap in midfield allowed Sevilla to just walk through it. Honestly, Ranieri got out of jail tonight thanks to Schmeichel.

1- I liked the 4-5-1 but can't understand choosing Musa over Gray. No one can. Even the pundits were at loss. 

2- WTF is wrong with Drinkwater? When he wants to go forward it works. Some good phases with Mahrez and Gray and an assist. But why is he hiding most of the time?

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

id say that gray looked a lot more lively

lets not forget this is the player of the season on over a 100k we know what he is capable of.

i question how you could think that was a "very good" second half 

mahrez

passing

21 passes 61% accuracy

1 cross

defensive

1 tackle

0 interceptions 

2 clearances 

offensive

2 key passes

3 dribbles

dispossessed 5 times 

lost control 2 times

fouled 3 times

fouls 2

rating 6.56

stormer

Football is played on grass, not a spreadsheet lol

He may have drawn *only* three fouls but one was at the start of injury time, in our defensive third of the pitch, which wound down the clock and took all the sting out of Sevilla's momentum to get a third goal. None of which gets recorded in these "stats" 

Gray on the other hand would've tried to dribble past most of the opposition!

12 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

He may have drawn *only* three fouls but one was at the start of injury time, in our defensive third of the pitch, which wound down the clock and took all the sting out of Sevilla's momentum to get a third goal. None of which gets recorded in these "stats" 

I actually imagine Gray wouldn't have been fouled at all and would have already been 20 yards further up the pitch. I don't see what Gray has to do with it though?

8 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

1- I liked the 4-5-1 but can't understand choosing Musa over Gray. No one can. Even the pundits were at loss. 

2- WTF is wrong with Drinkwater? When he wants to go forward it works. Some good phases with Mahrez and Gray and an assist. But why is he hiding most of the time?

Not saying Drinkwater is correct in doing so, but watching him I genuinely think he's afraid to step over the halfway line because of what's behind him and how easily they get exposed. He's been a passenger for a while because of it.

Mahrez was utterly dire in the first half. RTE ireland showed the game and Liam Brady said that it wouldnt have been unfair if Claudio took him off. Said afterwards that he wants out too. Obvious but one of the first pundits to say it.

In fairness to him he was a bit better in the second half. You could tell Sevilla were starting to worry what he could do and dragged him down twice.

I was losing patience with him at half time but at least he redeemed himself a bit. He'll get a move to a bigger club but he'd do well to remember that Leicester was his major breakthrough and it's not as if he's struggling to make ends meet at Leicester. Its like night and day compared to a top pro like Kasper.

Come on Riyad the club needs you.

5 hours ago, CockneyFox said:

the point was made in response to someone saying he had a very good second half, opinions are one things stats are another

For a while now I have thought he just needs a bit of his magic 'to work'. After last season his name was on everyone's lips and for a (relatively) young guy all that must get to you, in a good way of course. Maybe he took his eye off the ball a bit at the start of the season and combined with the poor form of the whole team he has struggled. I am hoping that after teaching Robertson how to hokey cokey today and then finding the back of the net his confidence will get a massive boost and with that we will see the Mahrez of last season. I know he's paid a lot of money but some people do need to be constantly told how good they are but when there is so much negative press/ talk about the club/ team and his name is singled out along with other top performers of last season it must knock his confidence and for me thats what he thrives off.

Heres to Mahrez and (the whole team) finding the form that got them the high praise they all so rightly deserved.

14 minutes ago, FoxInBlue said:

For a while now I have thought he just needs a bit of his magic 'to work'. After last season his name was on everyone's lips and for a (relatively) young guy all that must get to you, in a good way of course. Maybe he took his eye off the ball a bit at the start of the season and combined with the poor form of the whole team he has struggled. I am hoping that after teaching Robertson how to hokey cokey today and then finding the back of the net his confidence will get a massive boost and with that we will see the Mahrez of last season. I know he's paid a lot of money but some people do need to be constantly told how good they are but when there is so much negative press/ talk about the club/ team and his name is singled out along with other top performers of last season it must knock his confidence and for me thats what he thrives off.

Heres to Mahrez and (the whole team) finding the form that got them the high praise they all so rightly deserved.

I agree ? 

Just now, sm1 said:

More impressed with his defensive effort then his offensive one. We all know he's the most gifted player we have going forward, but really put a shift in today tracking back.

Then you watched only half of the game. Because he was offensively as good as defensively. Especially in the first half. Constantly reclaiming the ball, switching places with Albrighton, drifting to the middle, regulating the game. Not always the right decision or the right pass, but definitely a will to push forward and weigh upfront. By far, his best performance of the season.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Then you watched only half of the game. Because he was offensively as good as defensively. Especially in the first half. Constantly reclaiming the ball, switching places with Albrighton, drifting to the middle, regulating the game. Not always the right decision or the right pass, but definitely a will to push forward and weigh upfront. By far, his best performance of the season.

I get that, hence why I say he's the most talented player going forward. In the past when he has been criticised, i've defended him because without Simpson overlapping, he has to take multiple players on himself. What he normally lacks is the work rate and nous to track back & tackle. Today he did that, today his all round performance was good. It's amazing that once we start defending from the front, our back 4 looks solid.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I get that, hence why I say he's the most talented player going forward. In the past when he has been criticised, i've defended him because without Simpson overlapping, he has to take multiple players on himself. What he normally lacks is the work rate and nous to track back & tackle. Today he did that, today his all round performance was good. It's amazing that once we start defending from the front, our back 4 looks solid.

I don't believe he has enough stamina to play the windscreen wiper during 90 minutes. In my opinion he'll never will. I think he's reluctant to defend a lot because it takes away the necessary energy to still be lucid in the last third of the pitch when going forward.

I'll never get why Claudio insisted on lying deep. We've saw it today in the beginning of the second half, that can only cause us a lot of problems. We don't have a defense that can deal with that kind of pressure. Anyway glad the team begins to sort it out :)

Archived