Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

6 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

He was one of our most intelligent players in that he kept the ball and won several free kicks at times when the team needed it.

Far better than Albrighton at the moment and Gray, who for all his skill can be quite naive

id say that gray looked a lot more lively

lets not forget this is the player of the season on over a 100k we know what he is capable of.

i question how you could think that was a "very good" second half 

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Nah. For most of the people here, it boils down to who ran the most to be rated. Link up, positioning, ball hold up, work without the ball, all of it fly under the radar.

mahrez

passing

21 passes 61% accuracy

1 cross

defensive

1 tackle

0 interceptions 

2 clearances 

offensive

2 key passes

3 dribbles

dispossessed 5 times 

lost control 2 times

fouled 3 times

fouls 2

rating 6.56

stormer

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Doesn't really prove anything, does it? That shows we're he jogged about rather than where he exerted himself.. He wasn't very good tonight, he can have bad games, it's allowed - we'll all live. 

Are seriously not giving him the credit he deserve. I am not saying that he did an amazing game offensively. All I said is that he played great defence.

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

id say that gray looked a lot more lively

lets not forget this is the player of the season on over a 100k we know what he is capable of.

i question how you could think that was a "very good" second half 

mahrez

passing

21 passes 61% accuracy

1 cross

defensive

1 tackle

0 interceptions 

2 clearances 

offensive

2 key passes

3 dribbles

dispossessed 5 times 

lost control 2 times

fouled 3 times

fouls 2

rating 6.56

stormer

Dreadful. But, most of them were in the first half (which I pointed out that he was bad in)

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Are seriously not giving him the credit he deserve. I am not saying that he did an amazing game offensively. All I said is that he played great defence.

For a player of Mahrez quality he can do better BUT that's because he is better and he seemed to want to make things happen today. That drag back early in the first half was a "Mahrez moment". More and more of that please.

He was awful tonight, didn't seem up for it, no commitment in my opinion and misplaced too many passes and most of the passes he made were after he had dithered for too long and had to go backwards. Created nothing and hid for most of the game.

2 minutes ago, totbl said:

He was awful tonight, didn't seem up for it, no commitment in my opinion and misplaced too many passes and most of the passes he made were after he had dithered for too long and had to go backwards. Created nothing and hid for most of the game.

.. and he doesn't exist ... :thumbup:

He got 2 Sevilla players booked (the only 2 bookings in the whole game tonught). He's a very intelligent player. Part of the problem was him and Vardy would press but the midfield would be 30 yards behind them. The team looked confused as to whether they should press or sit deep. Tactically we were all over the place. 

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Great here is the oppositions left and right midfielder i think you proved my point with the heat map cheers

Untitled.png

Having the ball for 70 something % of the time will do that. If your team keeps the ball and you have to just stay in your position to get the ball you will have a better heat map in one spot. Plus, they could have a better work rate, I don't care because they aren't Leicester players. All I said is that he was locked in on defense.

And two can play this game. So, here is some heat maps

The Sevilla vs Leicester city heat map

IMG_20170223_001607.jpg.7d0d50ef9fe7bda08d78d11b14396e2a.jpg

And here is the heat map for a player that's playing because of his work rate (Albrighton)

IMG_20170223_001641.jpg.159325d0af2e2bf9e6c177e081bf1d85.jpg

Only thing of note Mahrez did tonight was get fouled twice on the counter.

He offered Simpson little support, was Lazy jogging around, his passes were sloppy and tackling in 50/50's were lightweight.

Another poor performance for me from one of our high earners.

He is having far too many below average games.

These are the matches you need him to perform in and was another who went missing.

Schmeichel showed him how to stand up and be counted.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Having the ball for 70 something % of the time will do the. If your team keeps the ball and you have to just stay in your position to get the ball you will have a better heat map in one spot. Plus, they could have a better work rate, I don't care because they aren't Leicester players. All I said is that he was locked in on defense.

erm no you didnt,

A bad first half, a very good second half but the thing that I loved from him was his work rate and tracking back. Not the prettiest of performances but he covered his slide very well. I expect an amazing performance at the king power. COYF:scarf::scarf:

hence why i gave my view

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

erm no you didnt,

"a very good second half but the thing that I loved from him was his work rate and tracking back. Not the prettiest of performances but he covered his slide very well "

That's what I meant by locked in. Plus, you seem  brush the heat map thing aside. I want your opinion on the heat maps I sent.

Edit: you know what, let's just brush this thing aside. I am buzzing about the positive result so I think we have to agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

He got 2 Sevilla players booked (the only 2 bookings in the whole game tonught). He's a very intelligent player. Part of the problem was him and Vardy would press but the midfield would be 30 yards behind them. The team looked confused as to whether they should press or sit deep. Tactically we were all over the place. 

Agree completely. The gaps were immense. Down to poor coaching.

Mahrez is the one player who will have clubs queuing up for his signature. So what if hes not as strong defensively? Don't play him in a defence position then!! 

Everyone moaning needs to get a grip. He is 10x the player Gray is on top form and cooof potentially get us in the quarters 

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He's not even a Leicester City fan he's a Mahrez fan who started paying attention to our results last January.

Hey Sherlock Holmes (the info you gave is displayed on the left column under the username and pic space), there is no secret I enjoy watching Mahrez magic more than other players. Most of posters here know it. What's your point? Are we getting down to personal attacks now?

Does every poster here live in Leicester or born in Leicester?

You're obviously a Steve Walsh lover and hate Ranieri, did I say anything about that? 

.. smh ...

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Mahrez is the one player who will have clubs queuing up for his signature. So what if hes not as strong defensively? Don't play him in a defence position then!! 

Everyone moaning needs to get a grip. He is 10x the player Gray is on top form and cooof potentially get us in the quarters 

if you cant produce top form then what is the point comparing the two

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

Exactly what I said in the match thread. They weren't fed at all and let alone upfront. That's why their first half was terrrible. That's Musa shouldn't have started but Gray. What's the point of playing as 10 if he's surrounded by players who don't want the ball? 

Archived