Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

On 07/02/2017 at 19:08, jon1bc said:

I think all other players last season bar one or two played above their level, a bit of good fortune in many respects also helped.

If Mahrez was playing for United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Barca this season, do you think he would but getting the criticism he is now, with Leic? 

He's being dragged down with the rest. 

One cannot play above ones level.

Especially, for 18 months!

Granted they played at their maximum, and I obviously this season well below that.

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

One cannot play above ones level.

Especially, for 18 months!

Granted they played at their maximum, and I obviously this season well below that.

Tough one that I sort of see your point but how do you explain Danny Simpson ok championship player poor premier league player his whole career then suddenly looked like Maldini last year.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Tough one that I sort of see your point but how do you explain Danny Simpson ok championship player poor premier league player his whole career then suddenly looked like Maldini last year.

Looked like Maldini? 

Of all all of them he's regressed the least, due to his best level being lower than most! 

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Looked like Maldini? 

Of all all of them he's regressed the least, due to his best level being lower than most! 

So last season Morgan, Fuchs, okazaki and albrighton all played at their normal level? surprised some of the big clubs around Europe aren't sniffing around Morgan in that case.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

He was down the gym last week playing tennis, put more effort into the 10 minutes of hitting a tennis ball than he does in 90 minutes of football!

If his opposite player was hitting it into the court and not into the sky that probably explains why.

On 09/02/2017 at 20:03, The whole world smiles said:

So last season Morgan, Fuchs, okazaki and albrighton all played at their normal level? surprised some of the big clubs around Europe aren't sniffing around Morgan in that case.

On 09/02/2017 at 20:34, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I didn't say that. 

What I said was they played to their maximum

None of them (with the exception of perhaps Vardy) suddenly turned into exceptional players. I wasn't sat here think Morgan had turned into Baresi or Fuchs into Maldini... what we had was a perfect system for that perfect moment. A system that highlighted each players strength and limited their weaknesses being exposed.

What we've got this season is a system that is broken, we're no longer protecting their weaknesses and people have started limiting us from using each players strengths. Add in to that a slight drop off in effort, commitment and motivation and you get our mess.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

None of them (with the exception of perhaps Vardy) suddenly turned into exceptional players. I wasn't sat here think Morgan had turned into Baresi or Fuchs into Maldini... what we had was a perfect system for that perfect moment. A system that highlighted each players strength and limited their weaknesses being exposed.

What we've got this season is a system that is broken, we're no longer protecting their weaknesses and people have started limiting us from using each players strengths. Add in to that a slight drop off in effort, commitment and motivation and you get our mess.

Agreed

look at the ratings in the paper... our teams are all 5s.  Any teams needs a handful of 8s.  Mahrez has stopped being an 8 or higher.  He needs to look at his game and what he has to do.  He is getting much attention and is often trying to run thru traffic.  Against wba he released the ball early with a diagonal cross and slimani scored.

He is a magnet for defenders... so  if he can play to draw them in and  then deliver the ball to others he will be more use to us.   The up side is that such a willingness would deter defender from clustering to him -  meaning he will have less traffic to beat.  So ironically, to be able to dribble thru he must show he is willing to cross it early if too many attend to him.

Simples....  but why doesn't someone sit and tell him?  (I would be happy to chat to him)

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

look at the ratings in the paper... our teams are all 5s.  Any teams needs a handful of 8s.  Mahrez has stopped being an 8 or higher.  He needs to look at his game and what he has to do.  He is getting much attention and is often trying to run thru traffic.  Against wba he released the ball early with a diagonal cross and slimani scored.

He is a magnet for defenders... so  if he can play to draw them in and  then deliver the ball to others he will be more use to us.   The up side is that such a willingness would deter defender from clustering to him -  meaning he will have less traffic to beat.  So ironically, to be able to dribble thru he must show he is willing to cross it early if too many attend to him.

Simples....  but why doesn't someone sit and tell him?  (I would be happy to chat to him)

**** knows. 

He passed the ball against Man City and look what happened. 

Being a doubly marked man means that there is space elsewhere - IF YOU PASS THE BALL, WHICH HELPS THE TEAM - unfortunately he's proven to be someone so self obsessed he's not bothered about the team ethic.

It beggars belief he's not been dropped under the proviso that he can come back into the team IF he passes to team mates and not just Slimani ffs.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

**** knows. 

He passed the ball against Man Coty and look what happened. 

Being a doubly marked man means that there is space elsewhere - IF YOU PASS THE BALL WHICH HELPS THE TEAM - unfortunately he's proven to be as someone so self obsessed he's not bothered about the team ethic.

It beggars belief he's not been dropped under the proviso that he can come back into the team IF he passes to team mates and not just Slimani ffs.

Eddie jones says to a player - "if I see you doing this or that... I will pick you".  These footballers need simple messages - cr should decide what he wants mahrez to do and tell him to do it.  If he doesnt then he doesn't start or he comes off.

23 minutes ago, the fox said:

Maybe be he is not passing a lot to his teammates because.....wait for it.......MOST OF THEM CAN'T REALLY KEEP UP WITH HIM. Simpson=hoof. Drinkwater=hoof. Albrighton=hoof. He passes to gray faster because he knows that he can do something for a change

He is the most skillful player we have by a long way.

Everyone understands that. 

We can also understand that almost every outfield player from last season, is this season, performing way below that.

Everyone also understands that Mahrez's lack of application is his downfall. Put simply we need his 'spark' to help the team but it's not there with him either. 

Blaming everyone but Mahrez does

not wash. He has the potential to be a great player - all he has to do is to play the game as a team player and everything would work out just fine.

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

His Missus was out in Mayfair with Alex Iwobis wife last week,  Arseanal his next destination?>

With his actual level of performance, I doubt he'd make it their bench. I still think he's quality but also needs a giant kick in the arse.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Maybe he is not passing a lot to his teammates because.....wait for it.......MOST OF THEM CAN'T REALLY KEEP UP WITH HIM. Simpson=hoof. Drinkwater=hoof. Albrighton=hoof. He passes to gray faster because he knows that he can do something for a change

Mahrez cant use that excuse. I think that is unfair on him. He's been poor and I don't think he would blame his team mates for his drop in performances. Good players don't really bother with their team mates but bring them into play. Mahrez (as much as I love him) has under performed this year. A seriously good player, takes what he's got and makes the best of it. Take Hagi for Romania, Stoichkov for Bulgaria, Nedved for the early Czech team, Matt Le Tissier carried the Saints for years, Robbie Keane at Coventry are just a few examples. 

Mahrez also under performed with Algeria. Granted his team mates were not great at international level but he is a player who needs to come out of his own shadow. To go from where he was to where he is now, he is a better player than that. Well that's what I think. He saves Leicester's season if he can get half to level he wants or he gets a mediocre move at the end of it.

18 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Mahrez cant use that excuse. I think that is unfair on him. He's been poor and I don't think he would blame his team mates for his drop in performances. Good players don't really bother with their team mates but bring them into play. Mahrez (as much as I love him) has under performed this year. A seriously good player, takes what he's got and makes the best of it. Take Hagi for Romania, Stoichkov for Bulgaria, Nedved for the early Czech team, Matt Le Tissier carried the Saints for years, Robbie Keane at Coventry are just a few examples. 

Mahrez also under performed with Algeria. Granted his team mates were not great at international level but he is a player who needs to come out of his own shadow. To go from where he was to where he is now, he is a better player than that. Well that's what I think. He saves Leicester's season if he can get half to level he wants or he gets a mediocre move at the end of it.

How exactly?. Most of them can't play fast tempo passes. His RB is just hoofing the ball. Albrighton is hoofing the ball. Drinkwater is not doing his job as a box to box properly. look at mahrez and how he trusts gray, you can only do too much before you crack. 

Make no mistake this is the best player we have ever had the opportunity to watch playing for us for probably a 2 year period brilliant.

He is way ahead of most of his teammates and that doesn't help sometimes the man is a genius.

But struggling along with the rest right now it needs everyone to get their act together to stay up and then restart

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

His Missus was out in Mayfair with Alex Iwobis wife last week,  Arseanal his next destination?>

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2879951/alex-iwobis-stunning-girlfriend-enjoys-a-night-on-the-town-whilst-arsenal-star-gets-hammered-in-munich/

No way Arsenal go near him now. Would love if they did though.

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

How exactly?. Most of them can't play fast tempo passes. His RB is just hoofing the ball. Albrighton is hoofing the ball. Drinkwater is not doing his job as a box to box properly. look at mahrez and how he trusts gray, you can only do too much before you crack. 

I'm not disagreeing with you on the above. However, Riyad is better than that but his own performances have faltered. Kante, for example, quite clearly his presence brought out the best of a number of players who you mentioned above. While Mahrez maybe able to use poor teammates as an excuse for some of shortcomings this year, he can't use it for all of them.

As a Leicester fan, if you offered me Mahrez or Kante. I'd take Kante as Mahrez one season with Kante compared to every other season Mahrez has played without Kante has been just the same. It says more for Kante's talent than Mahrez. What's his excuse for not performing for Algeria. Yes, they lack talent but it adds up to a poor workman blaming his tools. If he truly wants the big move, he needs to step up drastically. Like I said in a previous thread, to get into the top sides you can't be a in and off sort of player.

I think he is far too good to just get another premiership move. Or be a bench player for premiership team. But he needs to show something. Arsenal, Chelsea and United can pick and choose who they want from world football. 

Archived