Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol Yep. That's one thing the fan base seems to have loved a lot more since Ranieri has taken over. You see people genuinely care more about if a winger than defend and track back rather than what they can do going forwards. When it comes to full backs they're not bothered if they can attack as long as they can defend.

He isn't offering anything going forwards at the minute either

The bloke clearly dont seem to care and him or at least his agent knows where his next destination is.

Would not be surprised is Rudkin has been mugged off and he goes in the summer for 25-30m.

Put him in a team that is not full of clodders and can at least string one pass together and watch him shine.

3 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I wonder if he's a bit like Steve Guppy from a confidence perspective. Like O'Neill said he could have the whole stadium behind him but would hear the one dissenting voice....

That would be my dad...he always moaned at/about Guppy for how sh1t he was at defending lol 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I doubt he will until we change our philosophy. He's pretty wasted this season on our terrible, negative, non-footballing "game plans".

Indeed.

This is conjecture but I don't think he's mentally tough enough to ever become a truly fantastic player. Regardless of the team or the system the very best players perform even in a poor team. I don't really buy that he's become too predictable because Arjen Robben has made a world class career out of doing exactly the same thing over and over again.

59 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Could you actually imagine if he took a pay cut and stayed if we went down? He'd probably ruin careers in the Champ. 

He would turn up wrecked 5 mins before kick off, do the Yannick Bolasie shitty hand flap, smash it in the top corner and then smile at Neil Warnock who attempts to murder him before sitting on the bench and refusing to come back.

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Indeed.

This is conjecture but I don't think he's mentally tough enough to ever become a truly fantastic player. Regardless of the team or the system the very best players perform even in a poor team. I don't really buy that he's become too predictable because Arjen Robben has made a world class career out of doing exactly the same thing over and over again.

Robben's ridiculous pace probably helps him a bit more but you're right, Robben has made a good career out of coming in on his left foot and smashing the ball at the goal.

Robben probably also has a right back taking one of the 3 defenders away from him. Mahrez with Bellerin behind him and Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanchez offering passing options would be class.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Robben's ridiculous pace probably helps him a bit more but you're right, Robben has made a good career out of coming in on his left foot and smashing the ball at the goal.

Robben probably also has a right back taking one of the 3 defenders away from him. Mahrez with Bellerin behind him and Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanchez offering passing options would be class.

A dangerous attack but I think a right hand side of Bellerin and Mahrez would be a bit frail defensively, that's why over the last 10 years we have a premier league title and Arsenal don't :D

1 hour ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I wonder if he's a bit like Steve Guppy from a confidence perspective. Like O'Neill said he could have the whole stadium behind him but would hear the one dissenting voice....

I doubt this very much. Look at his body language on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I reckon if you swapped Robben for Mahrez he'd be just as bad. 

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

A dangerous attack but I think a right hand side of Bellerin and Mahrez would be a bit frail defensively, that's why over the last 10 years we have a premier league title and Arsenal don't :D

Haha most like yes, but as a fan I'd much rather watch that than Simpson and Albrighton tracking the opposition players all game.

Give me sexy risky attacking football over safe solid defending any day.

Weirdly I can picture Mahrez in an Arsenal shirt quite easy. I could never imagine Vardy in one.

29 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Indeed.

There are a lot of fantastic players the are (seemingly) mentally weak (özil, last seasons hazard and many other world class players). I think what you mean is, he will never be the alpha or the top dog. He can be the most technically gifted player, even the best player on a team. But, as it stands, he did not show any signs of cracking the tier 1 class (messi, Ronaldo, neymar,bale, Suarez, lewa and many others) level. But that didn't stop players from becoming world class. 

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He's doing a Hazard of last season. Next season he will be back to his best probably not with us!

Did anyone else noticed that in the last two season, mahrez and hazard never been on form in the same time. Last season mahrez was the poty and hazard was a shell of his former self. And this season  it is the opposite. And this season hazard struggled in a few games while mahrez in that time was looking like his former self in the CL. Hhhmm ?☕

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are to get out of the shit we are, it'll be him who will do it. He is our magician. We can defend like slobs, pass like crabs and be turgid but it'll be he who will save us if we can be saved.

If Ranieri doesn't use this to drag us out of the shit I don't think he's the man for us lol.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are to get out of the shit we are, it'll be him who will do it. He is our magician. We can defend like slobs, pass like crabs and be turgid but it'll be he who will save us if we can be saved.

If we are to get out of this it will be down to players digging in,giving 100% ,battling for every ball,never shirking a challenge,effectively being at it for the full 90 minutes.And will require all 11 players who happen to be on the pitch,the question is can Mahrez do that and manage to sprinkle a bit of stardust?

Based on what de have seen this season there are serious doubts.

18 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

He is not a Nr 10.

Never played in that position. Not here,

not in France, not in his national team.

For good reasons.

The few times on sunday, when he appeared

in the middle of the park, he looked like

someone, who had lost his bearings.

He is a winger. Period.

Good job Conte at Chelsea didn't think that about Hazard??

He isn't a winger in my eye's a winger huggs the touch line like Guppy or Albrighton and get crosses in, Mahrez does most of he's work cutting in to more centre positions! 

We we aren't getting the best out of our best asset,  like Chelsea with Hazard. I take it you have seen every game he has played to know his never played in the middle? 

Played great as a number 10/link yesterday because he found teammates that can handle the ball, go forward and run into space (the n'didi goal). But the key to him doing that is having another winger that can switch places with (kapustka). I know that kapustka doesn't look ready yet but, if that can bring the best out of mahrez then Claudio should take the risk.

On 08/02/2017 at 13:37, HankMarvin said:

If we wasn't set up so defensive constantly, then just our attacking play would nullify the opponents so our wingers wouldn't have to worry about defending so much, another failing of the manager 

I agree with this philosophy and think managers sometimes get hung up on nullifying opposition threats rather than giving the opposition something to worry about themselves.

The Chelsea match is a good example. We shot ourselves in the foot with our formation.

I didn't get to see the game but from the looks of the comments Mahrez played as a No. 10 last night. I saw the highlights and it seemed that Gray was on the left and Albrighton on the right with Slimani upfront. I also saw King, Kapustka, and Musa on the pitch as well. Very interesting to see. Glad it worked though.

Archived