Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

46 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

It's an absolute privilege to watch Riyad Mahrez. Drink it in, Leicester fans. He won't be here forever.

World class.

He's like that lady friend we all have had. Sometimes she's drop dead and other times you're annoyed by the wasted potential. Either way, you hold on for the highs because if it ever gets put together she's outta your league. 

9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

He's like that lady friend we all have had. Sometimes she's drop dead and other times you're annoyed by the wasted potential. Either way, you hold on for the highs because if it ever gets put together she's outta your league. 

One of the best, if not the best descrption I've ever read about him. Sums him up. Really.

To add that he isn't an Okazaki replacement behind the striker. Cant cover the same ground an shinji. Would consider playing him as a ten against 2 man midfields without a strong physical presence, but never a three. Not for us though in a more possession based set up could work. 

We'll find that out next season anyway! 

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

Gray stripped off ready to come on. Mahrez scores a blinder. Gray puts his bib back on and sits down. He needed that goal!

Stupid and insulting comment to think of Mahrez that way. You must not be a Leicester fan.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

To add that he isn't an Okazaki replacement behind the striker. Cant cover the same ground an shinji. Would consider playing him as a ten against 2 man midfields without a strong physical presence, but never a three. Not for us though in a more possession based set up could work. 

We'll find that out next season anyway! 

Yeh you're right, ship the crap prat out get wellens back. 

We don't need any players of the season here.

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

Yeh you're right, ship the crap prat out get wellens back. 

We don't need any players of the season here.

??

where did I say any of that?

just pointing out his limitations behind the striker the way we play 4-4-1-1.  He looked lost against Huddlestone before slim replaced him playing there. No surprise. 

Most agree he will leave in the summer. I hope he doesn't but I'm a realist. 

Mahrez is pure quality, simple. The key is to get the ball to him close in around the penalty area, this is where he is deadly. For most of this season we were set up too deep to get Mahrez into the areas we need for him to be so effective. When players are scared to commit he is so dangerous, either by scoring like he did yesterday or producing the pass or cross that opens things up for others. Even the cameraman who was high in the stands was spun out of his shoes???.

He also put in a pretty damn good shift as well.

He's had the same season as Hazard had last year at Chelsea. Make him defend and he loses his attacking edge. Allow him freedom around the opponents penalty area and he causes havoc. Good to have a player like Ndidi in the team who can allow Mahrez to go forward and not worry too much about defensive work

22 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Was a corking goal. But Christ it's long overdue given were 2/3 through the season. For that reason I won't be strumming one of Mahrez quite yet. He owes a few more performances first.

I  agree, one real class goal doesn't make a season. He has in fairness played better in the last couple of games. I do worry however about his obvious lack of stamina. Most people if honest would have to admit that compared to the majority of our midfield or forward players, he doesn't come anywhere near in terms of work rate. He was completely knackered again approaching half time. Ten minutes into the second half, the same. Also the same against Liverpool. 

Objectively I just wondered what the cause of this was? Is he just a lazy bugger at training, there's certainly enough out there to suggest he is. I don't fall for the excuse that it's to do with his build as there are plenty of slighter build footballers or other athletes to counter this. There's the potential really diet but I'd have thought our sports science people would be all over that. Do they blood test them regularly for other genuine health reasons like Mario Goetze has been discovered to have a metabolic disorder.

He's such a classy player it would be a crying shame that whether with us or some one else, if he doesn't reach his full potential. one thing would be sure, if at a Barcelona or Real Madrid,  his lateness at training etc wouldn't be tolerated or he'd be told that he'd either perform or be left out as they'd have plenty of other team options.

Mahrez scored with the last of fourteen consecutive touches.  When does a player get fourteen touches in the Premier League?

I took my ten yr old yesterday - first ever game.  At that first game, a superb goal was scored by a player who will still be talked about decades on.

Having watched so many opposition top players over the years....Cantona, Henry, Bergkamp, Giggs, Rush, Dalglish, Keegan, Shilts....it is such a privilege to watch a Leicester City player who is genuinely a top player.

Every minute in a City shirt should be enjoyed even the simple things like his first touch is absolute quality. He has been way off his best and needs a bit of confidence but enjoy as sadly I think he will be a rarity in that he will go on to a bigger club where I expect he will improve even further.

Rarely have I watched a player in the warm up but I take my son in the ground early as his natural talent and skills are truly incredible.....Muzzy was talented but Riyad is the most exciting player I have seen in a City shirt!

Archived