Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

Just now, harpendenfox said:

Enjoy him. One day we will look back with pride on the time Riyad Mahrez had with us. He's a wonderful footballer.

Starting to look like the player we had last season. Hope he continues to get his mojo back because he is the difference between being an average team to a great team when he is at his best.

6 minutes ago, raul2007 said:

As every week lost a lot of balls, can be frustrating at times

You spent a lot of your precious time and pulled up a Mahrez thread from the hidden depths of the forum just to tell us this. You should learn to be more efficient.

2 minutes ago, MattCan said:

You spent a lot of your precious time and pulled up a Mahrez thread from the hidden depths of the forum just to tell us this. You should learn to be more efficient.

It was sarcastic,  he was great today, back to his best imo, average against Liverpool but very consistent in the last 3 games

from thursday

Riyad Mahrez insists Claudio Ranieri’s achievements will not be forgotten at Leicester and denied any player involvement in the Italian’s sacking.

LISTEN TO LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL COMMENTARY OF WEST HAM V LEICESTER ON TALKSPORT 2, SATURDAY, 15:00GMT

The Foxes boss was shown the exit door at the King Power Stadium less than nine months after a miraculous Premier League triumph.

And reports suggested a group of Leicester players approached the club’s owners, urging them to relieve the 65-year-old of his managerial duties.

But Mahrez dismissed the idea of a player mutiny and instead offered his former boss a message of gratitude for their past shared success.

“The people [who] are not inside the club [and are] not very involved in what’s happening here, they can’t judge, just because they were a footballer,” Mahrez told talkSPORT.

“When you’re not in the club or in the dressing room – you can’t know everything – but maybe it’s their job to speak and I don’t mind.

“We know what we achieved with Claudio. Now the club has decided to sack him and we have to respect it and go forward. But we don’t forget Claudio.”

Craig Shakespeare has since taken over first team duties and led the Foxes to a Champions League last 16 triumph over Sevilla on Tuesday night.

And Mahrez praised Shakespeare for taking to his new role with relative ease.

“Shaky [Craig Shakespeare] has stayed the same. I like that about him that he didn’t change because he became the manager.

“He has always been working hard for the team – even when he was the assistant – and we are happy with him.”

very telling in my opinion 

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

from thursday

Riyad Mahrez insists Claudio Ranieri’s achievements will not be forgotten at Leicester and denied any player involvement in the Italian’s sacking.

LISTEN TO LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL COMMENTARY OF WEST HAM V LEICESTER ON TALKSPORT 2, SATURDAY, 15:00GMT

The Foxes boss was shown the exit door at the King Power Stadium less than nine months after a miraculous Premier League triumph.

And reports suggested a group of Leicester players approached the club’s owners, urging them to relieve the 65-year-old of his managerial duties.

But Mahrez dismissed the idea of a player mutiny and instead offered his former boss a message of gratitude for their past shared success.

“The people [who] are not inside the club [and are] not very involved in what’s happening here, they can’t judge, just because they were a footballer,” Mahrez told talkSPORT.

“When you’re not in the club or in the dressing room – you can’t know everything – but maybe it’s their job to speak and I don’t mind.

“We know what we achieved with Claudio. Now the club has decided to sack him and we have to respect it and go forward. But we don’t forget Claudio.”

Craig Shakespeare has since taken over first team duties and led the Foxes to a Champions League last 16 triumph over Sevilla on Tuesday night.

And Mahrez praised Shakespeare for taking to his new role with relative ease.

Shaky [Craig Shakespeare] has stayed the same. I like that about him that he didn’t change because he became the manager.

“He has always been working hard for the team – even when he was the assistant – and we are happy with him.”

very telling in my opinion 

Put a smile on my face.

4 hours ago, raul2007 said:

As every week lost a lot of balls, can be frustrating at times

I think there will be people who moan unless Mahrez performs like Messi on a good day every match.

Mahrez at his best is pure poetry and we should appreciate him whilst he's here. He only looked okay the last couple of games set to his ridiculously high standards but there he is with a "decent" couple of performances and one goal and two assists.

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think there will be people who moan unless Mahrez performs like Messi on a good day every match.

Mahrez at his best is pure poetry and we should appreciate him whilst he's here. He only looked okay the last couple of games set to his ridiculously high standards but there he is with a "decent" couple of performances and one goal and two assists.

Good post.

I got the chills today when he nonchalently chiped the ball against a defender instantly followed by a step over and a through pass to Vardy (which sadly didn't reach him). That's football. That's why people pay to see a game. That's why we can't judge this kind of players by the miles they ran.

I hope he'll stay for one more season. 

I could never begrudge one of our lads moving to a team like Barcelona. I'd like to think we'd push for more than €40m though. I'm sure some would see it as a lack of ambition from the club, but bigger clubs than Leicester lose their best on a regular basis.

39 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I could never begrudge one of our lads moving to a team like Barcelona. I'd like to think we'd push for more than €40m though. I'm sure some would see it as a lack of ambition from the club, but bigger clubs than Leicester lose their best on a regular basis.

It's us. We will flutter our eyelids, give them $5 off and spunk the earnings on some no-mark from the Championship and a journeyman centerback.

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's not good enough for Barça tbh, not as a starter. He's also not young enough that he's got years to chill on the bench til one of the big three leaves or retires.

Agree. 

Mahrez is a special player but he is not going to knock Messi, Suarez or Neymar out the starting 11 (unless one of these players are leaving!?) 

wont begrudge him as he is quite openly a Barca fan, would be demanding more than £40m for him though. 

Rumours are for 34m, assume it is euros so £30m...same money as Kante...who I would say was/is far more effective week in/week out.

Mahrez can be magical at times and like any City fan I'd love to see us keep him...he wins games on his own...but players like Kante give the creative players the time, space etc and whilst Ndidi will be v good I cant see Mahrez ever re-creating what he did last year unless he has a player like Kante in the side with him...and there aren't many like Kante around...so IMO City should stick a £40-£45m tag on him and start a bidding war...do it early so we can plan ahead.

Before I get criticised I am not saying I want to see him sold...surely not even our recruitment/scouting could screw up 2 summer windows on the trot?? 

Sell to Barca as long as they take Slimani as well, £55m Mahrez, £27m Slimani would do nicely. I think we could get a pair of replacements that would fill the gap for that sort of money - perhaps they're already at the club if previous signings or loanees come good.

If he does leave, then I would love it to be Barcelona. It's a real punt by a club of that size and I can't see him playing much as there is Messi, Neymar and Suarez all ahead of him. Maybe if true, Barce want to get him now whilst he still relatively cheap at 30 Million and still got a good 4-5 years of playing at his peak ahead of him. If ever there was a team, tailor made to suit his style, then it's Barcelona and him playing on the right as a front 3. 

I still have a hunch that he will still be here after the summer though. I'm not sure the likes of Barce, Real, Bayern etc will come knocking after this season. He really needed  to match last season's consistent brilliance, to get that kind of dream move. If he does move, then PSG or Liverpool/Spurs are more likely I think.  

Archived