Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

14 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Seems a little unfair as these places were never countries in the first place. Maybe nations are the problem?

I believe it was the British or Dutch who were the first empire to impose its rule and set the borders so that they could control the resources(oil) that followed.

I think it has to be very hard to just throw people together of different customs and spiritual beliefs and expect them to get along, be nice, and let us plunder their resources to the last drop.

Its obvious to me now that my county doesn't give a shit about any body but the Evil Rich who run it. Its pillage and plunder 24/7. Don't like it. Try and stop us. Hard to live in peace when your in a situation like that.

Sadly when your neighbor is willing to throw you under the bus in order to get ahead or survive you know things are pretty screwed up.  Maybe that's why I believe in reincarnation. That everyone will get off the wheel of Samsara.....eventually.

To be fair before the Brits came, no nation in the Middle East has really been at peace, tribal and waring factions before the Brits came were always waring, you could say, it was the Brits that I acted peace

38 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Seems a little unfair as these places were never countries in the first place. Maybe nations are the problem?

I believe it was the British or Dutch who were the first empire to impose its rule and set the borders so that they could control the resources(oil) that followed.

I think it has to be very hard to just throw people together of different customs and spiritual beliefs and expect them to get along, be nice, and let us plunder their resources to the last drop.

Its obvious to me now that my county doesn't give a shit about any body but the Evil Rich who run it. Its pillage and plunder 24/7. Don't like it. Try and stop us. Hard to live in peace when your in a situation like that.

Sadly when your neighbor is willing to throw you under the bus in order to get ahead or survive you know things are pretty screwed up.  Maybe that's why I believe in reincarnation. That everyone will get off the wheel of Samsara.....eventually.

Are you a Jain?

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Buce said:

Are you a Jain?

There's no name for me. I make it up as I go along my merry way. Always changing.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Buce said:

Are you a Jain?

Thank You. I learned a new word today.

In my successive lives it is my intent to be perfect in my imperfection. The true nature of Beauty. I do however like a nice steak once in awhile. Guess that counts me out.

23 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thank You. I learned a new word today.

In my successive lives it is my intent to be perfect in my imperfection. The true nature of Beauty. I do however like a nice steak once in awhile. Guess that counts me out.

He meant, are you Jane, his filthy ex, who takes it up the bum

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He meant, are you Jane, his filthy ex, who takes it up the bum

How dare you why that's my wife's name.:) and never mind.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48238054

Needs more than Hollywood talking heads challenging it, but the Georgia legislature are clearly misogynist pricks and the sooner what they've done here is thrown out as unconstitutional, the better. Of course, challenging Roe v Wade is the endgame for these guys - it has always been thus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48241663

Wow. How surprising.

On 12/05/2019 at 03:45, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48238054

Needs more than Hollywood talking heads challenging it, but the Georgia legislature are clearly misogynist pricks and the sooner what they've done here is thrown out as unconstitutional, the better. Of course, challenging Roe v Wade is the endgame for these guys - it has always been thus.

Alyssa MIlano is a self-centered mouthpiece for the Hollywood elite, she lives a very comfortable and privileged life. She doesn't speak for your typical American.

Remember the show she put on during the Kavanaugh hearings.

The subject of abortion is a very touchy one and I struggle to be on either the pro-choice or the pro-life side. Part of me says abortion should be legal depending on individual cases (such as detection of birth defects or mental illness (trisomy 21 springs to mind)), but on the other hand, abortion can't be a free pass for women to get rid of "unwanted" children just because they were too sloppy in the previous stage, e.g. not doing their job in terms of prevention in the first place.

Always remember that abortion clinics are a business first and foremost, they make tons of money off of these women.

Then again, the pro-life movement in the US is a bit too cult-ish for my liking, as it contains a large section of fundamentalist Christians.

The least Georgia should do is include exceptions in case of rape or incest.

On 12/05/2019 at 03:45, leicsmac said:

The US health care system is a mess from what I can tell and it needs a proper reform and the ties with the pharmaceutical industry severed.

The fact that you can't even say how much doctor or hospital services (surgery, routine checks, scans, etc.) cost over there says it all. There is no standardized level.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
58 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Alyssa MIlano is a self-centered mouthpiece for the Hollywood elite, she lives a very comfortable and privileged life. She doesn't speak for your typical American.

The subject of abortion is a very touchy one and I struggle to be on either the pro-choice or the pro-life side. Part of me says abortion should be legal depending on individual cases (such as detection of birth defects or mental illness (trisomy 21 springs to mind)), but on the other hand, abortion can't be a free pass for women to get rid of "unwanted" children just because they were too sloppy in the previous stage, e.g. not doing their job in terms of prevention in the first place.

Always remember that abortion clinics are a business first and foremost, they make tons of money off of these women.

Then again, the pro-life movement in the US is a bit too cult-ish for my liking, as it contains a large section of fundamentalist Christians.

This is a very hard topic for me also. Being a male and telling a woman what to do with her body.

The most difficult thing for me to deal with is the hypocricy of the situation after the baby is born. To me the lack of care, welfare cutbacks,  the economics of the situation and the quality of life of the infant and its family. The absolute hate for the poor and on and on. We refuse to take care of the people who are here NOW.

And they call themselves Christians.

An issue that goes to the very tip of the knife. Who are we, why are we here, where do we go after this life, where do we come from?

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Wow.

Just, wow.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Wow.

Just, wow.

Same principle applies to men, too.

If people were using more protection, we wouldn't have an overly inflated discussion on abortion.

Tackle the root of the issue, not just the consequences.

Edited by MC Prussian

What a great idea to force a woman to raise a baby she doesn’t want. Both the mother and the child will have much more difficult lives than if she were to have an abortion but instead punish them both because “she was sloppy”.

AFAIC the bodily autonomy argument in favour of pro-choice stands by itself, to say nothing of any moral or ethical opinion.

The US health care system is a mess from what I can tell and it needs a proper reform and the ties with the pharmaceutical industry severed.

The fact that you can't even say how much doctor or hospital services (surgery, routine checks, scans, etc.) cost over there says it all. There is no standardized level.

To say it is a mess is a massive understatement. Having so much money and therefore political favours involved with it all means the whole system is rotten and as such isn't fit for purpose, which is not what you want when peoples health and lives are what it administers.

Guest MattP

Why does she think fundamentalist Christians are going to be upset at Western atheist liberals going on a sex strike? lol

These celebrities just don't even think anymore. What's next? Tell ISIS to stop it or we'll refuse to eat bacon?

45 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why does she think fundamentalist Christians are going to be upset at Western atheist liberals going on a sex strike? lol

These celebrities just don't even think anymore. What's next? Tell ISIS to stop it or we'll refuse to eat bacon?

They're not, which means it's pretty obvious more action than simple Hollywood talking heads is needed, as has already been said.

Is there a viewpoint on the problem rather than just the reaction forthcoming here or is this going to be the climate change discussion all over again?

• Like 1

Guest MattP
8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

They're not, which means it's pretty obvious more action than simple Hollywood talking heads is needed, as has already been said.

Is there a viewpoint on the problem rather than just the reaction forthcoming here or is this going to be the climate change discussion all over again?

I think it's silly when religion is used to create law, although extremely uncomfortable with abortion I do edge towards a woman having the right to do what they want with their body.

That's not to say I don't want strict controls on it - I dread to think where we would end up if not.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think it's silly when religion is used to create law, although extremely uncomfortable with abortion I do edge towards a woman having the right to do what they want with their body.

That's not to say I don't want strict controls on it - I dread to think where we would end up if not.

Thank you for that.

What I think about religion being used to create law goes beyond silly and into language that would probably get me banned, but even all the daft Scripture-thumping stuff and ethical debate aside, as above I think the bodily autonomy argument stands on its own - you can't argue for someone's right to not compromise their bodily autonomy by giving blood or an organ to preserve a life (even if they're directly responsible for that life being endangered in the first place) and then turn around and say that a woman cannot refuse to compromise her own bodily integrity to preserve a life in similar fashion - it's hypocritical