Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I didnt say all Americans but if you feel like I did so be it. Intolerance is everywhere but america borders on insanity with the gulf between dems/repubs lately. A very divided nation. Far right, far left are nut jobs and i can only hope they come back to the middle for their own good.

Part of the insanity of the USA is that no matter which way we vote. Nothing ever changes.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Trump, and on and on they all, for the most part, say one thing and do another. Never following through on what they promise before being elected.

My rule of thumb for having political/ philosophical discussions is to try to talk about the issues and not the names we separate ourselves with.

For me the names Dems, Repubs, Liberal, Conservative, and Moderate etc. are nothing more than a distraction from the real issues. Almost like you have to agree on vocabulary before you can have a conversation because everyone has a different definition. Its at the point now where language becomes an impedement to conversation, negotiation, and compromise. Not a good place.

Edited by SO1
format

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Part of the insanity of the USA is that no matter which way we vote. Nothing ever changes.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Trump, and on and on they all, for the most part, say one thing and do another. Never following through on what they promise before being elected.

My rule of thumb for having political/ philosophical discussions is to try to talk about the issues and not the names we separate ourselves with.

For me the names Dems, Repubs, Liberal, Conservative, and Moderate etc. are nothing more than a distraction from the real issues. Almost like you have to agree on vocabulary before you can have a conversation because everyone has a different definition. Its at the point now where language becomes an impedement to conversation, negotiation, and compromise. Not a good place.

I dont disagree with some of what you've said above but this can apply almost everywhere. Politicians are notorious for promises that rarely come to fruition. Then they tend to vote along party lines rather than constituent lines which ticks me off to no end.

Whether you are a dem, repub, liberal, conservative there are issues we are all liberal on and others we are conservative on. I find it hard to truly believe any one individual  is always one or the other.  Its like they just get sucked into a giant ass pit and follow like minions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48388880

On the one hand, when the reward for a few years of attempts at civil discourse are answered by continuous obstruction and then....well, Trump, it's very easy to decide that civil discourse isn't a winner and join the other side in the mud.

On the other hand, when you decide to play the game the other sides way, on their terms, and to each one of their strengths, you're not likely going to have a good time getting what's needed to be done, done either. So all in all, none of this is really going to help matters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48391266

Of course.

This isn't about just about the leaks - it's about high powers in the US being embarrassed at the world being shown the rather nasty things they do in the dark (doesn't make the moral high ground finger-pointing at other places for human rights abuses look good, does it) and as such wanting vengeance against everyone involved who embarrassed them, of course, starting at the top with Assange. It was always about that.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48388880

On the one hand, when the reward for a few years of attempts at civil discourse are answered by continuous obstruction and then....well, Trump, it's very easy to decide that civil discourse isn't a winner and join the other side in the mud.

On the other hand, when you decide to play the game the other sides way, on their terms, and to each one of their strengths, you're not likely going to have a good time getting what's needed to be done, done either. So all in all, none of this is really going to help matters.

I think NP is playing a very shrewd hand, actually.

She rattles him, and the hope is he'll impetuously Tweet something he'll regret saying.

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think NP is playing a very shrewd hand, actually.

She rattles him, and the hope is he'll impetuously Tweet something he'll regret saying.

I don't actually think that's possible, because right now I don't think it's possible for him to Tweet something on topics that she would goad him into that would cause his support to abandon him.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/28/politics/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-2020/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Ahh the excuse he gives is pathetic. Two faced politics. Nothing changes ever does it? 

They really need to bin "parties" and vote for people. This is anywhere, any country.

Mitch McConnell in being massive hypocrite shocker.

Mueller: Investigators did not have confidence the president did not commit a crime

If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” he said.

He added, citing a DOJ policy: “Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider.”

He explained that the investigation was bound by longstanding DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted. He said it would have been “unfair” to accuse someone of a crime when that person would not have the opportunity to stand trial and defend himself.

Rep. Val Demings (@RepValDemings)

Special Counsel Robert Mueller just said that "charging the president with a crime was not an option we could consider" under DOJ policy.

It wasn't lack of evidence. It was DOJ policy.

He said that this "deserves the attention of every American." He's right. Congress must act.

May 29, 2019
Edited by Buce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Mitch McConnell in being massive hypocrite shocker.

Almost every single established Democrat and Republican representative in Congress and Senate in being massive hypocrite shocker.

He's guilty but wouldn't be prosecuted as he was sitting president.

Because of this charges weren't filed. 

It's so depressing that the president of the USA can do what he wants and is immune from prosecution.

Mueller said that if Trump was innocent he would have said so. 

Guest SO1
6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mueller: Investigators did not have confidence the president did not commit a crime

If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” he said.

He added, citing a DOJ policy: “Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider.”

He explained that the investigation was bound by longstanding DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted. He said it would have been “unfair” to accuse someone of a crime when that person would not have the opportunity to stand trial and defend himself.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller just said that "charging the president with a crime was not an option we could consider" under DOJ policy.

He said that this "deserves the attention of every American." He's right. Congress must act.

May 29, 2019

A democrat. Go figure. They're all servants of the Evil Rich. Personally I would have loved if they had put Trump in prison.

A president who was voted in to go against the status quo.(not that he has) Then the real games could begin instead of the drip drip drip of BS. 

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's guilty but wouldn't be prosecuted as he was sitting president.

Because of this charges weren't filed. 

It's so depressing that the president of the USA can do what he wants and is immune from prosecution.

Mueller said that if Trump was innocent he would have said so. 

You think the Republicans don't want to put Trump down? They did everything they could in the primaries. 

Muller is full of garbage. Remember Richard Nixon. I believe they threatened him with prosecution and he stepped down before they charged him.

All US Presidents are corrupt and criminal why stop at Trump? Maybe we should be having a different discussion about why the UK government and the rest of Europe are so complicit in this criminal activity that's been going on for as long as the USA has been around.

39 minutes ago, Buce said:

May 29, 2019

The same Robert Mueller who doesn't want to talk to Congress?

Val Demings is a technocrat, desperately trying to cling onto her post, just like any other representative. She doesn't want to get off the gravy train after only two years in office.

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Almost every single established Democrat and Republican representative in Congress and Senate in being massive hypocrite shocker.

True, but right now we're talking about McConnell and his Supreme Court related hypocrisy, thank you.

So, is Trump now admitting Russia helped him get elected?

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

May 30, 2019
  • Haha 1

You know, I don't think Trump is actually all that keen on another Middle Eastern war unless it's shown it can boost his chances in 2020.

It's Bolton and Pompeo and sundry others who can only get it up when they think about someone getting nonconsensually brutalised that are pushing for this.