Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Famously good away ends.

On 23/02/2017 at 20:02, TrentFox said:

Fulham and Orient. Superb. Truly superb. Think I did all bar 1 always that season. Amazing memories. 

I used to travel to almost every away game back in this era. The Orient and Fulham games (although in different seasons) were the stand out ones for me along with a 2-1 win at Birmingham in 1980 and QPR & Oldham away in 1983.

Charlton at Upton Park in 1992 and the Wimbledon LC semi-final in 1997 at Selhurst Park were two other classics.

Great memories.

More recently the stand out aways (although I don't get to very many now) have been Forest last match of season with the Knockaert goal and Bruges this season.

The one I most regret not being there was Palace last season. Those scenes after the match were truly magnificent. Thankfully there are the videos to look back on.

7 hours ago, eblair said:

weird one but Peterborough away the year before we won the championship; think ben marshall scored for us to make it 1-0, ended up losing 2-1 but genuinely an absolute mental away end

'F**k off York City, we're keeping his bones!'

Wouldn't have thought of that one because we lost, but yeah that end was bonkers- almost seemed overfilled. Smoke bombs, surges, a brawl, the smell of piss and cigarette smoke on the terrace. Felt like an era I didn't get to experience.

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I used to travel to almost every away game back in this era. The Orient and Fulham games (although in different seasons) were the stand out ones for me along with a 2-1 win at Birmingham in 1980 and QPR & Oldham away in 1983.

Charlton at Upton Park in 1992 and the Wimbledon LC semi-final in 1997 at Selhurst Park were two other classics.

Great memories.

Memory playing up - could have sworn that was the same season! Comes to us all, I guess!! 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Memory playing up - could have sworn that was the same season! Comes to us all, I guess!! 

Certainly does. Although I find that I still remember things accurately from the 70's and 80's but struggle to remember what happened last week or last month. lol

Time waits for no Man. And the times we had in our younger era's always seem much better than the present even though we never won the top flight until last season. Definitely an age thing!

Have to admit that Peterborough 2013 was a special away day, about as old school as it gets.

Noisy, overcrowded, pyro being set off, songs about King Richard all afternoon, toilets so overcrowded people ended up pissing up the back wall, the lot.

It was a sad sight when that old Moy's End was demolished, but glad I experienced it a few times before it went. 

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Have to admit that Peterborough 2013 was a special away day, about as old school as it gets.

Noisy, overcrowded, pyro being set off, songs about King Richard all afternoon, toilets so overcrowded people ended up pissing up the back wall, the lot.

It was a sad sight when that old Moy's End was demolished, but glad I experienced it a few times before it went. 

Indeed. The carnage when we scored was unreal, serious bodies that day. Pboro in the 09/10 season was also a great day out and a great end, we really did make lots of noise on both occasions.

Best for me were as follows:

Bruges this year - very very noisy from everyone in such a small allocation, and capped off a great day overall

Palace last year - that half hour after the game was brilliant, think thats when we, as fans, realised and believed it was on

West Brom in the Great Escape - That was a mosh pit, bodies literally all over the gaff when Vardy bagged. Great noise throughout. 

Burnley in the same year and when we got promoted - We were seriously loud in both games from start to finish. Such a great away end to do so as well

Forest 12/13 - Knocky's winner. Great end all game. 

Looking at that and how our season is going, think we have one more great end this year still to come. Looking at the fixtures, Palace and West Brom could be the ones again

Anfield in the Great escape season after the two ridiculous penalty decisions was probably one of the best ends I've been in while we've been in the prem. Sunderland last year was decent too. (missed the palace game unfortunately)

Chelsea away last year was the most embarrassing.

Peterborough in the Watford season was epic, pretty sure that was one of the first games in that terrible run that we had until we played forest on the last day.

Another that stands out is Huddersfield away the night that knocky scored those two class goals.

Peterborough away when I think we won 2-1. Big Steve scored. There were bodies everywhere. Great away day that was.

Barnsley away too, another great crowd.

Archived