Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Bring back Nigel Pearson.

Rose tinteds off as well - Claudio has gone for a run of 13 league games in which we have picked up 9 points (but won 2 cup matches as well)

The messiah, who went 9 league games at Derby picking up 6 points (they are on the brink of the play offs since he left) managed a 13 game run in the Championship where his team took 8 points. The owners didn't get rid then, or when we were outplayed in the play off home leg against Watford. He should have gone then, like he went at Derby and he shouldn't come back.

He is a 2nd/3rd div manager and passable at that level.

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We were 14th in the PL when he left. We're the worst team in the league now. Playing like a pub team in case you hadn't noticed.

I think you may have forgotten, that ever since dear old Nige left, we won the Premier League, the first major honour in our club's history.

BUT WAIT!

Then again, now that I think about it.. maybe you are right!

Because I saw them play on the telly the other night and they were terrible - playing like a pub team! 

It was in some competition that I've never seen them play in before - the UEFA Champions League, I think it's called. I wonder how you get in that?

So yeah, you're right. I'm very sorry :)

We were far better off when we finished 14th in the league under good old Nige.

5 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

I think you may have forgotten, that ever since dear old Nige left, we won the Premier League, the first major honour in our club's history.

BUT WAIT!

Then again, now that I think about it.. maybe you are right!

Because I saw them play on the telly the other night and they were terrible - playing like a pub team! 

It was in some competition that I've never seen them play in before - the UEFA Champions League, I think it's called. I wonder how you get in that?

So yeah, you're right. I'm very sorry :)

We were far better off when we finished 14th in the league under good old Nige.

You're talking about the past. I'm talking about right now.

40 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Rose tinteds off as well - Claudio has gone for a run of 13 league games in which we have picked up 9 points (but won 2 cup matches as well)

The messiah, who went 9 league games at Derby picking up 6 points (they are on the brink of the play offs since he left) managed a 13 game run in the Championship where his team took 8 points. The owners didn't get rid then, or when we were outplayed in the play off home leg against Watford. He should have gone then, like he went at Derby and he shouldn't come back.

He is a 2nd/3rd div manager and passable at that level.

:crylaugh:It's when you say things like this that people can't take you seriously. You might get away with it if you tone it down.

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

:crylaugh:It's when you say things like this that people can't take you seriously. You might get away with it if you tone it down.

One season in the Prem where he looked completely lost until the last 9 games and then he just looked bemused by what was happening on the pitch

The rest is 7 seasons in lower leagues with 2 promotions, which is not bad but hardly much better than a Holloway or Adams - remember when he pretended he liked sitting in the stand dialling in his instructions for weeks on end - hilarious

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

You're talking about the past. I'm talking about right now.

Correction: you said we were worse off.

I am suggesting that is not the case. We are better off. Much better off.

We have the name of our club etched on to the side of the trophy.

But anyway, with regards to right now, I wouldn't have any objection to Nigel Pearson coming back.

If he could get us up to 14th that would almost feel like winning the league again.

17 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Nigel Pearson built our club from the bottom up. Nigel Pearson built our title winning squad. Nigel Pearson knows relegation battles.

May be controversial. Thread may be deleted. Don't care. Nigel Pearson is the man I want to lead our football club more than any other right now.

471083166_3297107.jpg?20150430163618

Bring him home.

Let it go.

6 minutes ago, seenitall said:

One season in the Prem where he looked completely lost until the last 9 games and then he just looked bemused by what was happening on the pitch

The rest is 7 seasons in lower leagues with 2 promotions, which is not bad but hardly much better than a Holloway or Adams - remember when he pretended he liked sitting in the stand dialling in his instructions for weeks on end - hilarious

Tbf, although we were poor at times we were genuinely unlucky in games. We hit the woodwork three times against Spurs, I remember that. There were plenty of things that went against us - particularily Liverpool and Spurs away

Compared to this season where we have just looked poor and along with Sunderland and Palace we are the worse team in the division.

HOWEVER, Pearson got into a rut and got us out of it. Ranieri would never have got us out of the rut (consistently poor decisions) and we would've gone down under Ranieri eventually.... 8 goals this year and our last league win was on NYE is  an absolute disgrace.

Pearson built this club up - twice. He signed players that wanted and players that were forming something. Ranieri, starting this summer, went the opposite way. Players like Musa and Mendy. Good grief. And they'll not stick around when we go down. 

If you don't like Pearson on a personal level ok (although I've met him many times and every time he has been accommodating and he actually visited Birch in hospital earlier this year - yeah he actually went instead of just phoning) but you cannot take away what he did for our club. The guy is a hero and the way some of you talk about him is a disgrace.

I wasn't going to get involved because although I do like Nige I don't want him back now. But it's comments like your that just piss me off. Having sat through those years between 2004 and 2008 we finally found a man that turned us around - on and off the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, seenitall said:

It's the way you spin it.

In the Prem, we were a newly-promoted side. The usual expectation is that they go straight back down. Results were bad until the last 9 games, but we really weren't performing that badly on the pitch. Worlds apart from the team this season, certainly, which has had an extra £80m spent on it.

We walked League 1 at the first attempt, and eventually pissed the Championship, as well. Both without spending much. It's not bad, no, it's 2 league titles. The side he assembled for peanuts then won the PL title. Have Holloway or Adams done anything even remotely close to that?

17 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Correction: you said we were worse off.

I am suggesting that is not the case. We are better off. Much better off.

We have the name of our club etched on to the side of the trophy.

But anyway, with regards to right now, I wouldn't have any objection to Nigel Pearson coming back.

If he could get us up to 14th that would almost feel like winning the league again.

Alright, well I think you're being a bit pedantic.

Archived