Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Bring back Nigel Pearson.

28 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I suppose he didn't have much time to save Southampton when he kept them up. And of course he may know enough of the current players to get a reaction. I wouldn't guarantee he, or anyone else for that matter, would keep us up because there's clearly been some poor recruitment and a loss of both physical fitness and belief. That isn't usually cured overnight.

I understand the sadness at Ranieri going, because I'm sad too, even though he'd obviously made enough errors this season for the decision to also make sense. And for the players' loss of belief in him to make sense, especially if they believed that Ranieri's success came from him slotting into an already-well-oiled machine.

I hope people remember that many of our players also played a huge part in all of that success, and I hope that sadness at Ranieri leaving doesn't manifest itself in the form of anger at them (as poor as they may have been) or anger at the new management. Because that really would be a case of people being Ranieri fans rather than Leicester fans. Say whatever you want on here, of course, but they are, for the most part, our greatest ever side and it'd be a bit weird to decide we hate them because of a set of circumstances which we can't possibly appreciate.

There are some peculiar negative comments about Pearson here tonight (how? why?) and a wider suggestion that we should be worried about how endearing a manager's press conferences should be (as if that ever mattered to Ferguson, Mourinho etc.). Plus comments about a club needing to look forward rather than back, when we've already gone 'back' with Pearson before, and it led to his second promotion, survival, and then his successor taking over the set of players and staff he'd installed, and winning the league with them. It wasn't so bad, was it?

It's spectacular how far some have taken their hatred of Pearson. In some cases it stems from Sven being fired, and people simply not wanting Pearson back then. Surely the way that decision panned out should have changed even the stubbornest of minds. So we've all doubted this board's decisions at some point or another but, like it or not, many of them have worked out and we should probably pause before we give the verdict this time too. Whether it's Pearson or not.

Pardew, on the other hand..!

:appl:Excellent post.

I'll never understand all the hatred for Pearson on here. He really couldn't have done any better, and yet a lot of people on here treat him like he shagged their mums and never called again. So his behaviour was sometimes odd. If it's not affecting the team's performances, then does it really matter?

I doubt he will return, but I'd bloody love it if he did. Like you said, they say you should never go back, but Pearson's already proved that's plain false. I always felt like the club was in safe hands under NP. Although I believe that no-one on the planet other than Ranieri would have won us that trophy, I cannot say the same for him. In fact, I feel like the club's going to the dogs now.

47 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I suppose he didn't have much time to save Southampton when he kept them up. And of course he may know enough of the current players to get a reaction. I wouldn't guarantee he, or anyone else for that matter, would keep us up because there's clearly been some poor recruitment and a loss of both physical fitness and belief. That isn't usually cured overnight.

I understand the sadness at Ranieri going, because I'm sad too, even though he'd obviously made enough errors this season for the decision to also make sense. And for the players' loss of belief in him to make sense, especially if they believed that Ranieri's success came from him slotting into an already-well-oiled machine.

I hope people remember that many of our players also played a huge part in all of that success, and I hope that sadness at Ranieri leaving doesn't manifest itself in the form of anger at them (as poor as they may have been) or anger at the new management. Because that really would be a case of people being Ranieri fans rather than Leicester fans. Say whatever you want on here, of course, but they are, for the most part, our greatest ever side and it'd be a bit weird to decide we hate them because of a set of circumstances which we can't possibly appreciate.

There are some peculiar negative comments about Pearson here tonight (how? why?) and a wider suggestion that we should be worried about how endearing a manager's press conferences should be (as if that ever mattered to Ferguson, Mourinho etc.). Plus comments about a club needing to look forward rather than back, when we've already gone 'back' with Pearson before, and it led to his second promotion, survival, and then his successor taking over the set of players and staff he'd installed, and winning the league with them. It wasn't so bad, was it?

It's spectacular how far some have taken their hatred of Pearson. In some cases it stems from Sven being fired, and people simply not wanting Pearson back then. Surely the way that decision panned out should have changed even the stubbornest of minds. So we've all doubted this board's decisions at some point or another but, like it or not, many of them have worked out and we should probably pause before we give the verdict this time too. Whether it's Pearson or not.

Pardew, on the other hand..!

Spot on and exactly what I couldn't conjugate myself, people have turned on the players but a lot these players were here before Ranieri and will be after; ultimately it was they, alongside Ranieri, that won the league.

10 minutes ago, sly1 said:

Pi#$ off pearson ground will be empty if you come back:blink:

No it wouldn't, I understand that you might not like him but the vast majority of Leicester fans do like a bloke that was successful for us. Besides, if you don't like it - don't come.

5 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I'd like someone to calmly explain the basis behind the 'Pearson hatred'. 

Erm, because we were 9 games away from relegation thanks to his obstinacy. he was an embarrassment to the club because of his post match interviews and his idiotic behaviour on the touchline. His son made us a laughing stock  His attitude toward the fans and the press... arrogant beyond reason, thought he was irreplaceable... pissed off the owners... 

do you need any more reasons?

Just now, Parafox said:

Erm, because we were 9 games away from relegation thanks to his obstinacy. he was an embarrassment to the club because of his post match interviews and his idiotic behaviour on the touchline. His son made us a laughing stock  His attitude toward the fans and the press... arrogant beyond reason, thought he was irreplaceable... pissed off the owners... 

Kept us up when we were well and truly bollocksed, and built the club back up from nothing. That attitude kept the pressure off the players. We'd never have weon the league with Pearson, but we sure as hell never would have won it without him either. He's as good a choice as any.

9 hours ago, sly1 said:

Pi#$ off pearson ground will be empty if you come back:blink:

When he first took over in 2008, it was about two thirds full. Attendances were as poor as at any point in the past 20 years. By the time he left in 2015 they were, if I remember correctly, very much improved.

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

Those reasons are total rubbish, though. We stayed up in 14th place, and began the run which ended in us winning the league a year later, with a side almost entirely assembled by Pearson (who also brought us up from the third tier, and the lowest ever position in our club's history before that.) 

But if post match interviews mean so much to you, I suppose we're at cross purposes.

Were it not that we've already twice sacked him, that he engaged in nepotism, that his son insulted the people who saved our club, that Walsh may have been as bigger part in the team, and that Cambiasso may have been the deciding factor in the great escape factor, then I'd consider him.

2 minutes ago, kimsalabim said:

Kept us up when we were well and truly bollocksed, and built the club back up from nothing. That attitude kept the pressure off the players. We'd never have weon the league with Pearson, but we sure as hell never would have won it without him either. He's as good a choice as any.

So Ranieri won us the PL title. How can you argue in favour of his sacking and Pearson returning if it's dependent on results?

You're almost making a fools argument there pal.

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

So Ranieri won us the PL title. How can you argue in favour of his sacking and Pearson returning if it's dependent on results?

Never said i agreed with Ranieri being sacked. Doesn't mean I shouldn't think that Pearson should come back now that decision has been made. Seems to me you are disagreeing with the fact that Pearson built our club from the lowest position the club had ever been in, to being back in the Premier League having survived?

9 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Those reasons are total rubbish, though. We stayed up in 14th place, and began the run which ended in us winning the league a year later, with a side almost entirely assembled by Pearson (who also brought us up from the third tier, and the lowest ever position in our club's history before that.) 

But if post match interviews mean so much to you, I suppose we're at cross purposes.

Pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson are never going to agree. You think my reasons are rubbish, I disagree, I believe they are sound and logical. I'm speaking from my head not my heart unlike many Pearson supporters.

It's just my opinion that if he was to come back, I couldn't support him because of the way I feel about his arrogance and attitude towards the owners and the supporters, never mind the abject season 2014 until March 2015 when he appeared to let the players finally play THEY way they wanted.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson are never going to agree. You think my reasons are rubbish, I disagree, I believe they are sound and logical. I'm speaking from my head not my heart unlike many Pearson supporters.

It's just my opinion that if he was to come back, I couldn't support him because of the way I feel about

I support the club, not the manager, however great BOTH Pearson and Ranieri have been for us.

7 minutes ago, kimsalabim said:

Never said i agreed with Ranieri being sacked. Doesn't mean I shouldn't think that Pearson shouldn't come back now that decision has been made. Seems to me you are disagreeing with the fact that Pearson built our club from the lowest position the club had ever been in, to being back in the Premier League having survived?

I'm not disagreeing with what Pearson did, but he failed himself when he practically humiliated our club with his attitude, arrogance and failure to properly sanction his son after the Thailand debacle. I don't give a toss about achievements if the achiever is an arrogant dick who is unrepresentative of our club.

Claudio, whether or not he should have been sacked, was liked by everyone and showed true class that Pearson would never have.

At the end of the day, I want the best for my football club and I don't believe that Pearson is

Anyway, it's all rhetorical because the owners will decide.

Archived