Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Bring back Nigel Pearson.

2 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

I'm genuinely astonished that so many have a passionate hatred for Nige.

I think I've got more chance of understanding an alien dialect than these people.

You must be wearing the same Pearson goggles that so many others seem to posess

Could you imagine?!

I would actually laugh for days if Pearson came back for his THIRD spell here.

Can't see the Thais ever going back there. Would be a joke for them to sack someone in the way they did and then appoint them again after 18months.

Bring back Pearson AND Walsh though and now you're talking!

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

Pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson are never going to agree. You think my reasons are rubbish, I disagree, I believe they are sound and logical. I'm speaking from my head not my heart unlike many Pearson supporters.

It's just my opinion that if he was to come back, I couldn't support him because of the way I feel about his arrogance and attitude towards the owners and the supporters, never mind the abject season 2014 until March 2015 when he appeared to let the players finally play THEY way they wanted.

So if the owners decided that they once again had faith in him and could work with him you would still feel so offended on their behalf that you couldn't support him? Even though he took your team up two divisions, kept them up, and assembled a side which won the league a year later? And you say that this is 'speaking with your head not your heart'?!

Which part of your body are you speaking from, then, when you strip Pearson of all credit for our 14th place finish in 2015, on the grounds that the victories were grouped a little too closely together for your liking?

And by that I mean 'head' or 'heart', of course.

Not sure many fans realise just how tough it's gonna be to secure premier league survival.

Pearson is not my cup of tea but I'd rather have him than someone who is unproven and inexperienced.

I don't really like him but if he can keep us up then that is all that matters.

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

So if the owners decided that they once again had faith in him and could work with him you would still feel so offended on their behalf that you couldn't support him? Even though he took your team up two divisions, kept them up, and assembled a side which won the league a year later? And you say that this is 'speaking with your head not your heart'?!

Which part of your body are you speaking from, then, when you strip Pearson of all credit for our 14th place finish in 2015, on the grounds that the victories were grouped a little too closely together for your liking?

And by that I mean 'head' or 'heart', of course.

OK fair enough. If they did re-appoint him (they won't) I would support my club. I wouldn't support him, personally but you have to live with the hand you've been dealt.

I'm not ignoring what he did for the club but that era has passed and I still believe he is arrogant and obstinate and was on the verge of bringing our club, yours and my club, into disrepute and I don't want that risk again.

He was an arrogant dick before, imagine what it would be like a third time round?

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Well, we wouldn't be champions of England with him, would we?

To be honest I think we could have been. Momentum from our survival led us to winning the league. No reason why Nige couldn't have ridden that wave as well as Claudio did.

1 minute ago, foxhateram said:

To be honest I think we could have been. Momentum from our survival led us to winning the league. No reason why Nige couldn't have ridden that wave as well as Claudio did.

FFS!!! The naivety on here is astonishing.

Because he hasn't got the experience at this level, he has never been an international manager, he has never been a manager outside of England. He's never managed a major European club. He has nothing on his CV to suggest he has the experience to take a club like Leicester eo the champions of England.

Maybe Claudio made the best of the foundation NP laid down but I do not believe NP would have done the same.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

No we wouldn't but how in any way is he the man to take us forward from that and where we are now?

We're much worse off now than when he left! He took us from our lowest ever point in the history of the club to a safe 14th place in the top flight. He improved us every season he was here, I think. We're fast heading back to the Championship. Who better to get us back out than the man who won the 2nd tier title in style not 3 seasons ago? I don't know if it would be the same this time around, but it certainly stands to reason.

No we wouldn't but how in any way is he the man to take us forward from that and where we are now?

If he took us up to 14th and left us with a side that could win the league a year later, like he did last time, then I'd be pretty happy.

Because he hasn't got the experience at this level, he has never been an international manager, he has never been a manager outside of England. He's never managed a major European club. He has nothing on his CV to suggest he has the experience to take a club like Leicester eo the champions of England.

Maybe Claudio made the best of the foundation NP laid down but I do not believe NP would have done the same.

But he does have experience at this level, and specifically of this type of battle, with this precise set of players. And I'm not sure Ranieri covered himself in glory as an international manager, nor did he have anything on his CV that suggested he could win a title with anyone, let alone Leicester.

I have no idea whether we would have won the title with Pearson, though I suspect we wouldn't. I thought Ranieri was exactly the right man in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. I wouldn't dismiss him or us as lucky - we were the best side in the country for a season and a quarter. That was never luck.

But what Raw Dykes said is right. It's a paradox; we probably wouldn't have won the league with Pearson, but we definitely wouldn't have won it without him.

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Haha. Claudio's CV showed him never winning a title. It showed a manager who had puffed at european clubs but never achieved anything particular of note and showed him as a failure at Chelsea as his only experience of English football.

Nigel has international experience with the England U21s, a track record of building sustained success and clearly knows English football and what is required of a player in the climate very well. He is also renowned for his excellent man management skills and his use of sports science to get the best possible out of all players, especially the under dogs who other clubs haven't nurtured. 

There is no way of ever telling what would have happened had he stayed. But it was definitely his building procesd that led to the tittle and I see no reason to doubt that he could have carried this squad over the line as well as (second season syndrome) Claudio did.

I wouldn't want him back as manager, he was great with his players and building up the foundations of the club, but he wasn't that tactically astute. He took too long to make changes in a game and persisted with duff formations. The dreaded diamond still haunts me. He also cracked under the pressure and judging by his time at Derby hasn't recovered.

Now if he was to return as DOF to oversee the development of our academy, or sports science, sports psychology and scouting departments then I would be happy with that as he did amazing things off the pitch. Just don't let him near a press conference.

But I very much doubt he will be back in any capacity due to the way he left.

15 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Haha. Claudio's CV showed him never winning a title. It showed a manager who had puffed at european clubs but never achieved anything particular of note and showed him as a failure at Chelsea as his only experience of English football.

Nigel has international experience with the England U21s, a track record of building sustained success and clearly knows English football and what is required of a player in the climate very well. He is also renowned for his excellent man management skills and his use of sports science to get the best possible out of all players, especially the under dogs who other clubs haven't nurtured. 

There is no way of ever telling what would have happened had he stayed. But it was definitely his building procesd that led to the tittle and I see no reason to doubt that he could have carried this squad over the line as well as (second season syndrome) Claudio did.

How many managers in the PL mid-table area, since it started had a better record than Ranieri

Leicester never had one. MON had to go to Celtic, to win something.

This stupid even incompetent criticism of Ranieris record, is plain ignorance.

Until Leicester he may never have won a top league, title , but if you look at many a good,

Manager neither did they!!   Europe wide. Ranieris CV is still one of if not the best ever layed on

the city table.Clubs like us normally dont get a whiff of such managers.

Any Fan  on here Criticising or attempting   to be smart and disrespectfull just to prove an ignorant point, shows they know nothing of PL mid-table history, or other footballing knowledge. Ranieri never pushed into the 4-8 Super worldClass manager sphere, but his

CV would make any european club manager proud, and that is talking about over Ca 1000,

Practicing, and those managers  waiting to regain a position.

Its spitefull and Unwarranted comparison,. I am/was honoured as a foxes fan to have him as our manager. 

It might be exactly the point of his False placed loyalty, and hanging on too long to certain players at all his clubs, and not being hard enough that stopped him reaching the true great level of football management, that very few achieve..

He tried a couple of times to change tact and style with this squad, but he didnt have that quality of players who could pull it off immediately, he didnt trust them so he could stick to it.

For some reason, people think he failed at Chelsea, i mo he created the platform, but just didnt

have that last piece of jigsaw of quality player, to drag them further.

No..his CV stands up to many, he got confused like us that 7-12 players of his squad, never reached even a 5th of the basic form that we all expected.He knew the players wouldnt challenge for top spot, but was let down thst their continual form stayed abysmal, and the worse of it, the intensity got blew away and completely vanished.

So once again, clubs like Leicester hardly see CVs the like of Claudios.

We might stumble on Someone  like Koemann, whatever the management needs also to be clever, to know when to support him despite false investment ideas.

31 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Now if he was to return as DOF to oversee the development of our academy, or sports science, sports psychology and scouting departments then I would be happy with that as he did amazing things off the pitch. Just don't let him near a press conference.

Pearson would be a great DOF.

19 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Pearson would be a great DOF.

**contract signing negotiations**  "Have you been on holiday for six months? Have you been away for six months? I think you must either your head in the clouds, or been away on holiday because if you don’t sign for Leicester then I think you are an ostrich" :nigel:

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

We're much worse off now than when he left! He took us from our lowest ever point in the history of the club to a safe 14th place in the top flight. He improved us every season he was here, I think. We're fast heading back to the Championship. Who better to get us back out than the man who won the 2nd tier title in style not 3 seasons ago? I don't know if it would be the same this time around, but it certainly stands to reason.

We won the league last year.

How the **** are we much worse off now than when he left?

Archived