Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Bring back Nigel Pearson.

I'd 100% have him back. 

If I were him, I'd only come back for a guaranteed MASSIVE pay day. I'd say I'd want to be the highest paid person in the club, similar to what SAF did. However, I can't imagine he'd want to come back, nor would the owners be willing to pay him what he'd deserve.

Great Manager.

7 hours ago, Paddy. said:

For what it's worth I've already said I don't think he's the man for right now and that it was his own fault really that he wasn't in charge last season.

However, I still find it amazing that some people, even now, can't separate his personality from his achievements. I actually thought his personality is partly what made him a good manager but even if you hate the way he carries himself, his record speaks for itself and even the most myopic fan must see how last season was at least in part the fruits of his labour. He put that highly successful structure in place, I don't think anyone can debate that. So he was a bit chippy, get over it.

I agree with most of this, but I think he might be the man to turn to. If it's not gonna be Shakey to lead for the remaining games then I'd vote NP back in. He knows most of the players and the club inside and out. There'll be no adjusting, he will be straight in and at it and if we're to stay in we might need that. Maybe not though, now CR has gone the players might perk up and stop cheating us.

Guest Danny Clender

I don't think the owners would have him back considering the circumstances he was sacked under. 

He'd already had 4 or 5 nearly misses before his son disrespected their nation. 

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

How many managers in the PL mid-table area, since it started had a better record than Ranieri

Leicester never had one. MON had to go to Celtic, to win something.

This stupid even incompetent criticism of Ranieris record, is plain ignorance.

Until Leicester he may never have won a top league, title , but if you look at many a good,

Manager neither did they!!   Europe wide. Ranieris CV is still one of if not the best ever layed on

the city table.Clubs like us normally dont get a whiff of such managers.

Any Fan  on here Criticising or attempting   to be smart and disrespectfull just to prove an ignorant point, shows they know nothing of PL mid-table history, or other footballing knowledge. Ranieri never pushed into the 4-8 Super worldClass manager sphere, but his

CV would make any european club manager proud, and that is talking about over Ca 1000,

Practicing, and those managers  waiting to regain a position.

Its spitefull and Unwarranted comparison,. I am/was honoured as a foxes fan to have him as our manager. 

It might be exactly the point of his False placed loyalty, and hanging on too long to certain players at all his clubs, and not being hard enough that stopped him reaching the true great level of football management, that very few achieve..

He tried a couple of times to change tact and style with this squad, but he didnt have that quality of players who could pull it off immediately, he didnt trust them so he could stick to it.

For some reason, people think he failed at Chelsea, i mo he created the platform, but just didnt

have that last piece of jigsaw of quality player, to drag them further.

No..his CV stands up to many, he got confused like us that 7-12 players of his squad, never reached even a 5th of the basic form that we all expected.He knew the players wouldnt challenge for top spot, but was let down thst their continual form stayed abysmal, and the worse of it, the intensity got blew away and completely vanished.

So once again, clubs like Leicester hardly see CVs the like of Claudios.

We might stumble on Someone  like Koemann, whatever the management needs also to be clever, to know when to support him despite false investment ideas.

Look the guy has been a good manager.  I never disputed that. But he hasn't been a success anywhere, before here (which iswhat we were discussing) He has drifted from job to job every 18 months. Had bright starts and wavered away in the second season. If you look at his career, he has a real nasty case of second season syndrome. That's just a fact. This is not dishonouring him or disrespecting him, it is the truth.

I think his laid back and honourable approach to management is fantastic while a team is on a high, but people take advantage of it when things are not going so well and this is exactly what has happened here. He has crumbled under the pressure. The squad and staff body lanaguage said it all the other night.

He seriously was just the right type of manager at the right time for this club. But right now his skill set is not what we need. We need a short term mindset changer with a track record of long term future building/proofing. Right now Nigel is the right type of manager at the right time for this club. 

The love in for Claudio really is quite over board. The cracks showed towards the end of last year and he has done naf all to fix them. His chance has been had.

I was never too bothered about Pearson looking like a tit to the media.  I'm more bothered about the results / performances.
In fact, I think Ferguson spoke to him and advised him with regards to sticking up for the players, being more aggressive etc. to the media.  He went too far now and then, but I really don't care.  
He took us up from League 1, went about his transfers in a very thorough way (on the whole), and was starting to build a great infrastructure at this club.

Claudio had grace and was a nice guy.  He also arrived at the right time, in my opinion.  I'll love him for leading us to the PL title.  But he really had to go.  

Bringing back a former manager to a club for a third time! is only going to end one way. the same as the previous two times. we need a totally fresh start and approach and going back in for former managers will not work out anyway whatsoever.

I was never too bothered about Pearson looking like a tit to the media.  I'm more bothered about the results / performances.
In fact, I think Ferguson spoke to him and advised him with regards to sticking up for the players, being more aggressive etc. to the media.  He went too far now and then, but I really don't care.  
He took us up from League 1, went about his transfers in a very thorough way (on the whole), and was starting to build a great infrastructure at this club.

Claudio had grace and was a nice guy.  He also arrived at the right time, in my opinion.  I'll love him for leading us to the PL title.  But he really had to go.  

Yes! Exactly!

3 hours ago, wurmer said:

Bring back Pearson???? Are you f***ing kidding!

We need to move forward, not backwards.

I keep hearing this moving backwards thing. What do you even think you mean by this or is it just some random soundbite you think sounds good?

He was a previous manager who brought us FORWARDS under every single season he had at the club. He brought FORWARDS the whole club from top to bottom with his scouting system, sports psychology and fitness coaches. This all seems to have gone backwards since the end of last season.

I'm on the fence about him coming back. I'm not sure how well he would do in a short spell to keep us up, but long term I believe he would leave the club in a better position than when he entered it as he has done with every single club he has managed (apart from Derby which seemed like an odd situation). 

I'm 100% sure there were people on here saying he would be a step backwards when he replaced Sven a few years ago too.

33 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Bringing back a former manager to a club for a third time! is only going to end one way. the same as the previous two times. we need a totally fresh start and approach and going back in for former managers will not work out anyway whatsoever.

Promotion from League 1 and a Championship playoff final?

Promotion from the Championship and a 14th place finish in the Prem?

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He went awol and told the owners to fck off when they sacked his son. There is not a chance in hell he's coming back.

It actually irks me somewhat that some on here are still struggling to comprehend this.

Archived