Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Bring back Nigel Pearson.

I love Nigel. He did a great job here. Rebuilt us when we were going one way, down. However, come on, he cannot come back. He didn't leave for footballing reason. He left for reason that don't get forgotten very quickly. He can't come back. Can you imagine Vardy and his "banter". 

Remenber him fondly, but look forwardz

I've got this stupid thought in my head that owners only now recognise the extent of the transformation Pearson brought to the club, they saw the determination and fight in his teams and that they're pragmatic enough to bring him back. It surely won't happen but viscerally I want it to.

There's hardly anyone that achieved the extent of what Pearson did at Leicester.

From lowest point to club's history to building a runway for last season's success.

Success, now, in football is based on quick immediate positive results and turnaround - and thus Pearson's not right at this time.

25 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

If the owners bring back Pearson, they will go right down in my estimation.

Sack the manager who made us champions... And bring abrasive Pearson back?

Sack a gentleman and bring back a thug whos son insulted your culture, and told a fan to FOAD?

Won't happen 

I suppose he didn't have much time to save Southampton when he kept them up. And of course he may know enough of the current players to get a reaction. I wouldn't guarantee he, or anyone else for that matter, would keep us up because there's clearly been some poor recruitment and a loss of both physical fitness and belief. That isn't usually cured overnight.

I understand the sadness at Ranieri going, because I'm sad too, even though he'd obviously made enough errors this season for the decision to also make sense. And for the players' loss of belief in him to make sense, especially if they believed that Ranieri's success came from him slotting into an already-well-oiled machine.

I hope people remember that many of our players also played a huge part in all of that success, and I hope that sadness at Ranieri leaving doesn't manifest itself in the form of anger at them (as poor as they may have been) or anger at the new management. Because that really would be a case of people being Ranieri fans rather than Leicester fans. Say whatever you want on here, of course, but they are, for the most part, our greatest ever side and it'd be a bit weird to decide we hate them because of a set of circumstances which we can't possibly appreciate.

There are some peculiar negative comments about Pearson here tonight (how? why?) and a wider suggestion that we should be worried about how endearing a manager's press conferences should be (as if that ever mattered to Ferguson, Mourinho etc.). Plus comments about a club needing to look forward rather than back, when we've already gone 'back' with Pearson before, and it led to his second promotion, survival, and then his successor taking over the set of players and staff he'd installed, and winning the league with them. It wasn't so bad, was it?

It's spectacular how far some have taken their hatred of Pearson. In some cases it stems from Sven being fired, and people simply not wanting Pearson back then. Surely the way that decision panned out should have changed even the stubbornest of minds. So we've all doubted this board's decisions at some point or another but, like it or not, many of them have worked out and we should probably pause before we give the verdict this time too. Whether it's Pearson or not.

Pardew, on the other hand..!

I respect Nigel Pearson for what he did the same way I respect Ranieri but he isn't the answer, we have to look forward. 

I dont know what direction the club should take re management choice, but I do know staying in the premier league is crucial if we are to keep on progressing.

If it's true that the players want Pearson back then I think it's quite likely to happen. They obviously wanted Ranieri gone and have got their way.

I wouldn't be opposed. Unlike some I don't rate Pearson as one of our top three or four managers ever, but he was bloody good for us. I liked him being our manager.

I was unhappy when he was sacked until it became apparent that he'd backed his idiot son. Then again, are there many fathers who wouldn't have done the same and then dealt with things differently in the privacy of the family home? If the owners have forgiven that then there's no barrier to his appointment in my view.

I'm very unhappy with tonight's decision and think our players ought to be ashamed of themselves. But if there's a manager guaranteed to at least get them working again then it's Pearson. As much as I don't want the club to bow down to the demands of players who I can no longer stand, the owners will do what it takes to keep us up and Pearson is probably a good route to that destiny.

Before he was sacked I'd have been happy for Pearson to spend the rest of his career at this club. There is no shame in him being a worse manager than the man who has just proven to be the best in our history. I'd welcome him back. There's something comfortable about the idea. Like getting the jumpers back on when November comes around.

Archived