Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Southwest

Everyone hates us everyone wants leicester city to go down

Hang on a minute. Let's think about this all a bit more rationally...

It's not good if the world hates us. For a start, the kind of Football Manager (the type everyone here wants)  is looking at this scenario through the eyes of Claudio and through the eyes of the media. Who would want to join the most hated club in England? Greedy or crap ones?

The owners were building a brand around lcfc. We all benefited from this. We have threads in here that celebrate this. Having a good brand means we are more attractive to good players, staff which is good for business which is good for us. Our brand is tarnished in a very different way to if we had been relegated with CR. Our brand was HERO. Now we are VILLIAN. That's not what our club is. The real LCFC has a big heart so why would we want people to think any differently to this?

I seriously doubt that the owners anticipated the scale of this backlash and underestimated how much of our brand was embedded in Claudio. I totally understand them wanting to save the club - (not to mention they've done more for our club than anyone in our history) but I can't help think that there might have been other options - like doing everything possible to keep Ranieri at the club in some way - Director of Football, Chairman, King, whatever. I think people would have admired that.

I live in newcaslte and get stick every day about lcfc everyone saying we're a disgrace for sacking c.r but Ranieri is not bigger than our club yes I love him for what he has done last season for that he's a legend but we need to push on not go backwards into the championship Leicester city is bigger Than any manager and what ever happens I will love them till the day I die and the likes of carragher and Neville r the real disgrace even daring to slate our club ranieri or no ranieri we r still lcfc !!!

Guest seanfox778

We don't even attack anymore, we had one meaningful shot in a crucial game at Swansea. We haven't scored since last year, something needed to change, the media love a hate figure and they're creating one with us. It wouldn't surprise me if Sky billed Monday nights game as 'Justice for Ranieri Monday'. The whole country will be hoping Liverpool destroy us mainly due to the medias handling of this whole situation. It would be ever so sweet if our players finally turn up and we win. 

15 hours ago, Koke said:

Does Mourinho think Ranieri has died? lol

From a man who he has previously criticised on numerous occasions.

This is Maureen's way of hitting back at Chelsea and what happened to him last season. He is nothing but up his own arse, he's played it exactly the way we want to read it. Utter classless scumbag who was paid off and gagged from coming out over his debacle and departure. 

13 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

They ****ing better be. They'd better come out of the traps like a dog with a ****ing firework up it's cvnt on Monday night. 

If they've got Ranieri sacked and then put in a pathetic joke of a performance then I will literally walk down to the ground and rub my shit all over their car door handles.

Bit late to comment on this one but I agree with the above sentiments exactly. I am already ambivalent to some of the players in the group but now they have raised the bar in expectation.

my feeling is 'ok, go one then, show us what difference this makes'.

if it makes no difference I will truly be disgusted. I support Leicester not the individuals who play for them.

As for us being hated now. I love it.

Getting really triggered by other team's fans right now!!HOW DARE THEY!!. Some things that have been said are outrageous and moronic, like come on now, people say Leicester only had bad few months, its been 7 months. Most of the  Fans and pundits said Leicester  is getting relegated but now they feel outraged because the club sacked claudio, seriously now, no fun brand of football, 1 point away from relegation, can't score goals, can't keep clean sheets and no improvement on sight, but the people that really get on my nerves are the ones saying"its the player's problem, not the manager". Yeah, genius, we will bring 9 new players in February. 

8 hours ago, eunmac said:

Hang on a minute. Let's think about this all a bit more rationally...

It's not good if the world hates us. For a start, the kind of Football Manager (the type everyone here wants)  is looking at this scenario through the eyes of Claudio and through the eyes of the media. Who would want to join the most hated club in England? Greedy or crap ones?

The owners were building a brand around lcfc. We all benefited from this. We have threads in here that celebrate this. Having a good brand means we are more attractive to good players, staff which is good for business which is good for us. Our brand is tarnished in a very different way to if we had been relegated with CR. Our brand was HERO. Now we are VILLIAN. That's not what our club is. The real LCFC has a big heart so why would we want people to think any differently to this?

I seriously doubt that the owners anticipated the scale of this backlash and underestimated how much of our brand was embedded in Claudio. I totally understand them wanting to save the club - (not to mention they've done more for our club than anyone in our history) but I can't help think that there might have been other options - like doing everything possible to keep Ranieri at the club in some way - Director of Football, Chairman, King, whatever. I think people would have admired that.

Just because jim on Twitter says 'announce liquidate' dosent mean the whole world hate us. It's a small bubble of FT. FT is poison anyway, they do it to all clubs. They are brainless as they don't seem to know the situation we are in. Wouldn't listen to anything these people say.

19 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

Good. 

Lets stay up and win the champions league just to piss everyone off lol

Well, the Sevilla tie's far from decided and I think the first and biggest answer to silencing the critics will be to return to the kind of football philosophy that noit only earned us the title (by a distance) last season but made us so exciting to watch at times.

Because, whatever the reasons (and there are many), we've become woeful to watch for most of this entire season. Play winning football with some style again and we'll soon regain our self respect and the respect of others again.

It may sound harsh but the replacement of the sometimes devastating football that earned us the title with "Nil, nil and more nils," is the biggest reason of many that I'm glad Ranieri's gone. For me the football has always mattered and if we're ever going to fulful our ambition to be a significant force on a long-term basis, then it'll matter even more.

We need to pass the ball, attack with speed and to defend like a pack of lions.

And we need to turn up whatever the game and whatever the competition.

This idea of opting out of some football while turning up in others is so negative.

Our squad members should all be good enough for whatever's next. That means recruitment is vital, and right now, it stinks.

Better not buy at all if we don't buy quality. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Check out Barry Glendenning's twitter feed. He is filled with rage.

This is the man who said he couldn't see where our next 3 points would come from and then in the same breath said it was inconceivable that Ranieri could be sacked. Blokes an idiot.

40 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

This is the man who said he couldn't see where our next 3 points would come from and then in the same breath said it was inconceivable that Ranieri could be sacked. Blokes an idiot.

Apparently we should have let Ranieri relegate us as far down as he pleased. The reaction from the media and fans of other clubs is worse than I anticipated tbh. Some of the stuff I'm reading is genuinely astounding.

Archived