Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marvin

Leicester where they should be - sick of this

We're below Palace, Swansea, Burnley, West Brom, Stoke, Middlesbrough & Bournemouth. ALL smaller clubs than us, so people can sod off with their 'natural level' bullshit first off.

Secondly, where you have been historically is irrelevant when you've spent the amount of money we have and when you know the squad is so much better than it is performing. People need to accept that we badly underachieved 2 seasons ago, being bottom for as long as we were was a joke due largely to Pearson's poor tactics.

This squad isn't an obvious title winning one, but nor is it an obvious relegation one. It's just as daft to say we should expect to go down as it is to say we should expect to finish in the top 4.

We have massively underperformed this season, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Top 7 should have been easily achievable but the whole club has let itself down. It's not all Ranieri's fault at all but it's not been good enough.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Last year the greatest sporting story ever told, the year before the greatest escape, the year before winning the championship at a canter, the year before that getting into the playoffs with the last kick of the last game and losing it with the last kick of the semi-final. Chuck in this year and it'll have been 5 seasons since we just did nothing. I'd kill for just a dull season where nothing happens at this point.

Put like that Doctor I see your point.............. What a Roller Coaster we've had.

Perhaps I'm a little disappointed at the moment............ But I want more    :thumbup:

13 Wins on the trot wouldn't go amiss either    :whistle:

56 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You want excitement? Says the Welsh guy who joined the forum in late 2016!

For how long have you been following us - I mean, really? I can name about a dozen footballing "events" in the past fifteen years no other (English or Welsh) club has gone through.

1969. Says the Welsh Guy who's  watched Shilton, Nish, Glover, Cross, Weller, Wallington, Sammels, Birchenall, Savage, Poole, Lennon, Izzett, and I could go on but that would just be me making a point. By the way we lost to Man City Neil Young RIP scored the winning goal Frank O'Farrell was the manager and we got relegated by Man Utd 3-1 after getting beat by City. Just cos I didn't join until late 2016! doesn't mean jack when you've been the Welsh Guy at Bristol Rovers on a cold Christmas fixture with a massive hangover.

Leicester1968_611x480.jpg.4eeac10fa04ff929264bfce2c86e50e9.jpg

My point was I don't want mid table. I enjoy the excitement of supporting Leicester by the way MC Prussian    :thumbup:

I wouldn't say any team has a "normal level"

Every side has the potential (especially in the top flight) of having a potentially excellent or poor season.

Many factors Pre start of the league campaign can shape a season like a change of manager, massive influx/exodus of players, Board Issues.

But overall the league table doesn't lie in any division, over the course of a season, the best team wins it and the worse 3/4 go down. 

36 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Put like that Doctor I see your point.............. What a Roller Coaster we've had.

Perhaps I'm a little disappointed at the moment............ But I want more    :thumbup:

13 Wins on the trot wouldn't go amiss either    :whistle:

1969. Says the Welsh Guy who's  watched Shilton, Nish, Glover, Cross, Weller, Wallington, Sammels, Birchenall, Savage, Poole, Lennon, Izzett, and I could go on but that would just be me making a point. By the way we lost to Man City Neil Young RIP scored the winning goal Frank O'Farrell was the manager and we got relegated by Man Utd 3-1 after getting beat by City. Just cos I didn't join until late 2016! doesn't mean jack when you've been the Welsh Guy at Bristol Rovers on a cold Christmas fixture with a massive hangover.

Leicester1968_611x480.jpg.4eeac10fa04ff929264bfce2c86e50e9.jpg

My point was I don't want mid table. I enjoy the excitement of supporting Leicester by the way MC Prussian    :thumbup:

Great history of following the club - congrats!

It would just help if you could make your point a bit clearer - you out of all people (including the other older posters on here) ought to know what it means supporting this club.

We've seen enough excitement to fill books or make a documentary about it!

I guess we're all longing for stability - thing is, this club has a habit of kicking you in the nuts just when you think they've done it!

This level thing is bollocks. 

What defines the level? 

You can't tell me that Stoke, Wba, West Ham have considerably better players than us. 

All this level thing is bollocks. Should after last season be easily a mid table team. The fact we have spunked our chance doesn't mean we are where we deserve to be. Just such a shame we have wasted money and chance to become a similar club to likes of Everton, a top eight sort of side. 

Sick of also hearing this fluke league win also. Flukes happen in cups. Great teams win leagues. You don't fluke a 38 game season. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Great history of following the club - congrats!

It would just help if you could make your point a bit clearer - you out of all people (including the other older posters on here) ought to know what it means supporting this club.

We've seen enough excitement to fill books or make a documentary about it!

I guess we're all longing for stability - thing is, this club has a habit of kicking you in the nuts just when you think they've done it!

Thank you for the feedback        :worship:

By the way I used to be on here as Welsh Blue or Something like that but it might have been on another forum.

I've been reading this stuff for years but never got around to joining again.

Perhaps updating my profile would help   :thumbup:

And yes I was in the Costa del Sol last week, not at the game ( obviously ) but in a bar in my shirt leaping around like I was 10 again when Vardy scored.

But my week was spoiled by my missus shouting down from the balcony..................... Chic they've sacked Claudio. So I'm a bit grumpy, angry, confused and worried. Hope that's clear. Take Care MC and hold on tight it's going to be a bumpy ride................. again.

Ps: Older posters  ?????  I'm 18............... I just look 58  

IMGP1571.thumb.JPG.a86efed993c48508217bbb53f906b1cb.JPG

Has anyone just stopped watching TV analysis this year?

I used to love all the pre-match hour build-up hyping up a game, and also see how these "experts" rated our performance afterwards.

But the absoulte dross that comes out of their mouths these days is unreal. 

Paid thousands of pounds to waffle on live TV about turd. (cant be a hard life! :rolleyes:

Bang on the TV for the start of the and its off once the final whistle blows. Cannot stand these pundits anymore :mad:

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

I used to love all the pre-match hour build-up hyping up a game, and also see how these "experts" rated our performance afterwards.

Paid thousands of pounds to waffle on live TV about turd. (cant be a hard life! :rolleyes:

Bang on the TV for the start of the and its off once the final whistle blows. Cannot stand these pundits anymore :mad:

Must admit all that punditry is a lot more enjoyable when you're doing well.

I loved it when Merse was gasping at our performance at St James Park last season.

Now I want to kick the telly at his patronising and simplistic analysis.

18 hours ago, peterborofox said:

This level thing is bollocks. 

What defines the level? 

You can't tell me that Stoke, Wba, West Ham have considerably better players than us. 

All this level thing is bollocks. Should after last season be easily a mid table team. The fact we have spunked our chance doesn't mean we are where we deserve to be. Just such a shame we have wasted money and chance to become a similar club to likes of Everton, a top eight sort of side. 

Sick of also hearing this fluke league win also. Flukes happen in cups. Great teams win leagues. You don't fluke a 38 game season. 

I'd say West Ham, only because of their two centre halves. The rest is pretty similar to ours.

16 hours ago, TK95 said:

Don't even finish the game let alone to analysis after the gamelol

On 26/02/2017 at 10:17, wardyfox86 said:

We have no 'rightful' place, not 18th, not 1st. Money doesn't earn you a rightful place and comments like these makes us sound like the pundits we're currently criticising for saying as such. We aren't where we are rightfully, but we are deservedly. 

We should be fighting a relegation battle because our results have left us in one, capt. obvious I know.

You are missing the point I think.

The thread is about pundits being condescending to the club in by saying we ought to be in relegation fight, solely because we are little Leicester who has no history of continuity in the PL. 

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You are missing the point I think.

The thread is about pundits being condescending to the club in by saying we ought to be in relegation fight, solely because we are little Leicester who has no history of continuity in the PL. 

No I understand, and I'm not targeting anybody in particular. But there's people saying we SHOULD be higher than the Stokes and WBAs of the league but also getting their knickers twisted by pundits claiming we are where we SHOULD be.

If somebody would care to explain to me what position we SHOULD be in and why, that would be great. 

I'm pretty sure that based on the games so far, we should be 15th, but we shouldn't just accept 15th. I'm rambling and losing my point lol. 

On 26/02/2017 at 16:58, Koke said:

Ffs we even have nobodies like Mignolet sticking the knife in lol

I'm glad Mignolet said this, mainly because it gave me the opportunity to shout "Oh no, it's gone to his head Simon, IT'S GONE TO HIS HEAD" from the seats behind the goal after the third went in. Hopefully some Hull players will come out and make a series of stupid statements that can come back to haunt them on Saturday now. :thumbup:

Archived