Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marvin

Leicester where they should be - sick of this

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

JC keeps banging on about leicester being a team of very average players,so I hope he doesn't think Liverpool are a team top class players 

1 way to prove that myth beat them on Monday!!! I now feel more positive that, that's a possibility after listening to Shakey speak

The owners at the beginning of the season were talking about success I found this article on the clubs website in which Top talks about how the owners want to bring success to the club and what they were or are doing to make it happen.  

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/leicester-city-vice-chairman-outlines-ambition-3288787.aspx#zmfT4EA5ZhSzL2Kw.99

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Owen's "half these players" are Danny Drinkwater who was a young player out on loan at lower league clubs mostly, Danny Simpson who was on loan at then signed permanently for Newcastle whilst Owen was at Man United plus Zieler who moved to Hannover a year after Owen joined.

So, "half these players" are three who were mostly at other clubs during his three years at Man United. Thanks for the insight, Michael.

Good research :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Hate that argument. Pundits act like we're a League 2 club who got lucky.  We are bigger than Hull, Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, Palace and Stoke. We're same size as Southampton and West Brom and we should aim to be where they are.

You can add Middlesbrough to that list as well. Southampton and WBA are also behind us. LCFC are currently 20th richest club in world football.

11 hours ago, Marvin said:

I can't stand this line of argument, trotted out by mainly  non Foxes fans.    

We we won the league, lost one admittedly outstanding player and spent 70million. 

How can our current position be the right one?

Through winning the league did we or should we have changed that sense of our 'normal place'? 

Good post, I agree with this.  It's like people seem to think we have no right to compete with the top 5 or 6 and SHOULD BE down the bottom or a yoyo team.  What's wrong with massive ambition and trying consistently to challenge the top few teams!  Infuriating.

Our club had a wonderful opportunity to establish itself in the top 10 or 12 this season and to show themselves a real threat in the cup competitions with any Champions League success being a massive bonus.

Basically we've virtually ignored realistic targets and focused by far the most attention on the one that would have earned us most prestige but for the disturbing depths of our other efforts - both on and off the field.    

The problem with these people is tht they are living in the past.

The fact is as PL Champions, and a CL last 16 team, we should not be fighting a relegation battle.... end of story.

Add to that as has previously been written in this thread, LCFC is the 20th richest football club in the world.

8th richest in Britain. Bigger than Everton, Southampton etc etc.

Only in Pundit Fantasy Land should we be deemed in our rightful place as we sit now, with these credentials.

12 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I still can't believe Kantè played for us. Best box to box-defensive midfielder in the world and we got him for £5mlol. The last 3 seasons have been incredible, I love it.

Absolutely ridiculous. We support ****ing Leicester. We stayed up!!!! Our managers son was involved in a Thai orgy! We sacked the man that kept us up! Appointed a manager whose reputation was at rock bottom! *won* *the* *****ing* *league*! Destroyed our champions league group! Inler, Cambiasso played for us. Drinkwater and Vardy winning multiple England caps. Sacked our manager. Scored at Sevilla away. Are facing another great escape.

Not even starting on the bollocks we faced before. Relegated to division 3. Destroying the league and winning with the Second highest points total ever. How about when we were dominating the league, lost at Peterborough away (great day out by the way, on that ****ing boat) and then more or less lost 10 on the bounce?

We could support any other team and have nothing. A promotion here or there. Hell, support Chelsea or Man City and buy a title here or there.

but we don't. We support Leicester. Small club. Small city. But we love them.

and we. Won. The. League. Nobody you know aside from glory supporting kids will *ever* sing that again.

13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The problem with these people is tht they are living in the past.

The fact is as PL Champions, and a CL last 16 team, we should not be fighting a relegation battle.... end of story.

Add to that as has previously been written in this thread, LCFC is the 20th richest football club in the world.

8th richest in Britain. Bigger than Everton, Southampton etc etc.

Only in Pundit Fantasy Land should we be deemed in our rightful place as we sit now, with these credentials.

We have no 'rightful' place, not 18th, not 1st. Money doesn't earn you a rightful place and comments like these makes us sound like the pundits we're currently criticising for saying as such. We aren't where we are rightfully, but we are deservedly. 

We should be fighting a relegation battle because our results have left us in one, capt. obvious I know.

9 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Martin Samuel on the Sunday Supplement talking absolute shite.  'So what if they go down? It's Leicester ' or words to that effect.  

So what if we go down after spending  £80m with a big wage bill.  

Just cancel the next 100 seasons and have Man United winning the league with Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal making up the rest of the top 6.

As others have said, all of the teams outside of the top 6, plus maybe Newcastle, Everton and West Ham, are totally interchangeable to pundits and fans of the big teams. 

I hate this hypothetical scenario that keeps getting trotted out.

"If someone had come to you at the beginning of last season and said, 'you can win the league this season but go down next season.' Wouldn't you have taken that?"

Yes of course we fvcking would but that isn't the deal, here. Genies don't exist and if they did, I'd imagine their interests would be broader than playing Would You Rather... with middle of the road football clubs.

One of my disgusting mates has asked would you eat dog shit for a night with Margot Robbie? Of course I said I would. Now if, by some miracle, I find myself on a date with Margot Robbie and it's looking promising, should I take a detour to the local park just to satisfy some weird hypothetical situation? 90% of football fans in this country would probably say I should. 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Just cancel the next 100 seasons and have Man United winning the league with Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal making up the rest of the top 6.

As others have said, all of the teams outside of the top 6, plus maybe Newcastle, Everton and West Ham, are totally interchangeable to pundits and fans of the big teams. 

Chelsea were a yoyo club before ken bates got Matthew Harding to put his hands in his pocket

citeh were years in the wilderness before taxin Shino....  put his money in

ffp has made it even harder to break into the top six. Spurs are having a go but could easily drop away and leave a top 4/5. Liverpool are perhaps only visiting. 

it sounds bollox but the evidence is there that we aren't able to replicate the form. we had a chance to try and break into that area just below the top 4 (where lpool and Spurs sit) but we seem to have blown it bigtime. 

2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I hate this hypothetical scenario that keeps getting trotted out.

"If someone had come to you at the beginning of last season and said, 'you can win the league this season but go down next season.' Wouldn't you have taken that?"

Yes of course we fvcking would but that isn't the deal, here. Genies don't exist and if they did, I'd imagine their interests would be broader than playing Would You Rather... with middle of the road football clubs.

One of my disgusting mates has asked would you eat dog shit for a night with Margot Robbie? Of course I said I would. Now if, by some miracle, I find myself on a date with Margot Robbie and it's looking promising, should I take a detour to the local park just to satisfy some weird hypothetical situation? 90% of football fans in this country would probably say I should. 

i don't think it would be promising after your detour ................

13 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Chuck! Chuck!,it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Berry. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this! 

Back to the future !!

wish we could go back and persuade Kante not to be a Cnut and ditch us for Chelski,anyone got a Delorian and a spare fluxcapacitor lying about anywhere???

:wasyl:

The problem is that people who don't really care get the most coverage. It's easy for the neutral, passive pundits to tell us what we should expect and accept. If we go down it doesn't affect them, they'll focus on the next club or story for a while.

But it matters to us. We were there when the club was struggling badly on and off the pitch, suffering after relegations, and maybe we don't want to go back to that? Contrary to popular belief, the club didn't stop last May. It is actually still going and struggling hugely. Claudio Ranieri is a fantastic man and was an excellent manager for us but he's not bigger than the club. It's very sad it's come to this but unfortunately, the world they want to live in is not the reality.

I think the owners have taken a huge decision which was always going to be unpopular and received a very biased and unfair reaction. Some of the things they've been labelled is disgusting.

We cannot let go of this 'small club' mentallity and unfortunately CR tried to play down our expectations from the word go . It may have worked last season but I don't believe it was the right approach this season I think it has shown that most of the players are in cruise control believing relegation was never going to happen and all they were 'expected' to achieve was survival, boy how that has backfired.
 The recruitment of high cost low impact players this season has been a disaster as we had a real chance to establish ourselves in the PL. If we have 'analysts' to pick our targets we need to really look at that process, if it was simply Steve Walsh who picked our best buys Vardy, Mahrez and Kante we need to address this and quick.   
We have extremely wealthy owners who appear to have massive expectations for this club, we are extremely fortunate to have them and to berate them for sackings is quite frankly absurd. The building process unfortunately may have to start again but I hope the owners stick with us and make us what we want to be and not what everyone else believes we should be.

Why all the fuss over these cvnts. Most like savage were nothing more than average players. Savs most productive years were with us. Merson is probably still pissed or snorting his last line.

Oh then let's move on to the bitter scouse tw@s of JC & MO. Like most better reds they still think they entitled to the league. But the sad thing is they were never good enough. So they never got the chance to wear a prem shirt with gold patches neither did the fans.

It so must fvcking hurt to see our rag tag team and few thousand fans wearing the holy grail that is the prem title gold patches.

So for me all you bitter pundits HAHAHAHA HAHAHA lollollol HAHAHA HAHA

GROW THE FVCK UP.

Archived