Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Interview with sports psychologist who was sacked by Ranieri

9 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

If that is true ( and I think, you are right) why are you and

many others in this thread  trying to put all the

blame for our dismal performance in this season on

a single person: Ranieri?

Why are you not blaming the owners for our chaotic

pre-season, those silly BMWs, those outrageous, new

contracts?

Why are you not blaming Rudkin for his inability to bring

in the players we needed?

Could it be, that it is so much easier to have one

scapegoat? Especially, if he is no longer part of 

the "family".

You obviously haven't read many of my posts, even in the last hour or so. A lot of people at the club need to take a look at themselves, but the board aren't going anywhere and you can't fire your players, so Ranieri was always going to be the first to be held accountable. And, of course, it's easy (a) to pinpoint where he's made quite serious errors this season, and (b) to see where we were headed if he remained in charge. So he's been rightly criticised this season, and his sacking - while cruel and terribly upsetting for us - actually sort of makes sense.

But you're quite wrong to say I've ignored those criticisms of the board, and I've also been highly critical of the players. Don't confuse me understanding the decision to sack Ranieri, and seeing where he's made mistakes, for a failure to look at other factors.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

For me, I think the reason Leicester was successful last season is because of the "slingshot effect"™. And what I mean by that is Pearson was just tough on the players, just pressuring them and pushing them to the limit. And after claudio took control, he let them go. He freed them up and that allowed them to go 100 MPH and keep a level of production because they had the momentum on their side. But this season they became too loose do to the fact that they needed momentum which they didn't have in the start of the season.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

According to that logic, he will be the only one to

be held accountable.

Right?

No, that's not what I said at all. I said 'the first' to be held accountable, in terms of his job. Managers are the ones held most accountable for results, and the ones who more often than not pay for it with their jobs.

That's not to say that other people aren't held accountable. Players are dropped, disciplined, put in their place, listed, moved on etc. In the summer we'll see more of that. Backroom staff are, and have been fired.

All I'm saying is that managers tend to pay the price first, because boards don't fire themselves and you can't dismantle an entire first team (and second team, because that couldn't muster a performance for Ranieri either) and coaching staff in the middle of a season. 

But no, at no point have I called for Ranieri and Ranieri alone to be held to account, nor suggested that he would be the only one. In fact, Top's statement seemed to imply that this wouldn't be the case. I have no idea where you've got the idea from that this is my viewpoint, because it can't be from reading what I've actually written.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

For me, I think the reason Leicester was successful last season was because of the "slingshot effect"™. And what I mean by that is Pearson was just tough of the player, just pressuring them and pushing them to the limit. And after claudio took control, he let them go. He freed them up and that allowed them to go 100 MPH and keep a level of production because they had the momentum on their side. But this season they become too loose because in order to launch an abject with the necessary power you need momentum which they didn't have.

They lost the momentum in that silly pre-season.

Our owners decided to turn our team into the

Leicester Globetrotters (Thailand, California, Sweden).

Not Ranieri.

The rot started long before the game at Hull.

In case you don't understand, what I mean.

Getting, marketing-wise, the most out of our

title-winning team was more important to our

owners, than having a proper preparation

for this season.

Is anybody here putting any blame on the Thais?

Of course not, because we need their money.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

According to that logic, he will be the only one to

be held accountable.

Right?

No. The players are accountable to the manager, as are the coaches. If the players don't perform he should drop them. If they continue to not perform he should try and get rid of them, and also buy new players to improve the squad. If the coaches don't train the players properly, work on the right tactics, take care of injuries, then they also must answer the manager and face the consequences. That's where they are accountable. If the manager fails to do any of this, especially whilst the club is struggling he becomes accountable to his employer. He's their line manager as such, and right now his department isn't performing, and I think in any kind of work he'd be getting a bollocking, footballs always been a little different so he been sacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

No. The players are accountable to the manager, as are the coaches. If the players don't perform he should drop them. If they continue to not perform he should try and get rid of them, and also buy new players to improve the squad. If the coaches don't train the players properly, work on the right tactics, take care of injuries, then they also must answer the manager and face the consequences. That's where they are accountable. If the manager fails to do any of this, especially whilst the club is struggling he becomes accountable to his employer. He's their line manager as such, and right now his department isn't performing, and I think in any kind of work he'd be getting a bollocking, footballs always been a little different so he been sacked.

The problem is, that Ranieri, like most managers, was in no position to fire

anybody. He couldn't have fired a cleaner, much less an assistant coach or

Mr Way. Only Rudkin, Ranieri's immediate superior, had the power to do it.

Dropping players.

Sounds great. But if Ranieri had dropped all the players, that were

underperforming this season, we would have been unable, most of

the time, to field 11 men.

33 minutes ago, the fox said:

For me, I think the reason Leicester was successful last season is because of the "slingshot effect"™. And what I mean by that is Pearson was just tough on the players, just pressuring them and pushing them to the limit. And after claudio took control, he let them go. He freed them up and that allowed them to go 100 MPH and keep a level of production because they had the momentum on their side. But this season they became too loose do to the fact that they needed momentum which they didn't have in the start of the season.

My understanding it's the exact opposite - Pearson followed the sports scientists on the level of training, it's increased under Ranieri.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

My understanding it's the exact opposite - Pearson followed the sports scientists on the level of training, it's increased under Ranieri.

Agree. But so far every thread is now about how it was Pearson who is accountable for the title win not Ranieri. How sentiment changed so fast and fickle it's unbelievable 

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Nothing he said was bitter he's also said nothing really that we did not know. But he's backed up some of the leaks. Sorry the only willy puller is you.

The problem is that the "leaks" are unsubstantiated just like this article. Everybody now seems to have an insider opinion that they can't endorse with facts. I support LCFC & believe in them unequivocally, not these band wagon jumpers that are trying to make themselves important. 

1 hour ago, FoxoCube said:

Explains a few of the benefits here...

In 2014/15, while this guy was working for LCFC, Jamie Vardy

scored 1 goal in the first 29 games of the season. 1 in 29!!!

And this guy is telling in this video how successfuly he was

working with strikers.

How ridiculous.

Edited by Struwwelpeter60

18 minutes ago, esoog said:

Agree. But so far every thread is now about how it was Pearson who is accountable for the title win not Ranieri. How sentiment changed so fast and fickle it's unbelievable 

Well, I guess you wished it was true. My guess is your perception is playing tricks on you.

Both managers played a big part in our title win - one by laying the foundations, the other by completing the building. In that sense, both should be hailed.

As much as it hurts seeing Ranieri go, he was part-responsible for dismantling that same building, eliminating pillars and bringing in odd, exotic furniture that just wouldn't complement the interior on the whole.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

Is anybody here putting any blame on the Thais?

Of course not, because we need their money.

I think I've put plenty of blame on them, and for many of the reasons you mention. You keep saying nobody is criticising anyone other than Ranieri, but it seems to me that there's plenty of criticism, some of which may be justified, of the players, the board and especially Rudkin. You just appear not to want to acknowledge it.

Is anyone really arguing that the blame lies purely with the manager? Surely most of us agree that this is all a horrible business, and very unfair where Ranieri's concerned. What some of us are adding to that is that, in actual fact, you can understand the logic behind the board's decision.

The problem is, that Ranieri, like most managers, was in no position to fire

anybody. He couldn't have fired a cleaner, much less an assistant coach or

Mr Way. Only Rudkin, Ranieri's immediate superior, had the power to do it.

Dropping players.

Sounds great. But if Ranieri had dropped all the players, that were

underperforming this season, we would have been unable, most of

the time, to field 11 men.

That's obviously not right. Clearly Ranieri was in a position to go to the board and request that people in certain positions be hired / fired. Do you truly believe that he didn't have that sort of sway in the aftermath of the title?

He is known to be skeptical about psychologists and has spoken to that effect. Way explicitly indicated that it was Ranieri's explanation for his dismissal that he would have liked to have heard. It's easy to see that the manager had a pivotal role in this decision, whether it's relevant to our current plight or not.

When it suits you, you tend to suggest that Ranieri wasn't to blame for x, y or z because his remit didn't extend to this particular matter. We can't be sure how great a role he played, for example, in transfers. But every so often I see someone excusing Ranieri of all responsibility for our errors in the market. And yet he confirmed more than once that he had the final say, and we know that certain targets were initiated by him. As for the pre-season programme, he may or may not have neglected to exercise a veto.

We don't know how far-reaching his powers were, though I think it a little unrealistic to shield him from criticism by playing the 'someone else had that job' card. If he was so totally impotent, why would we need him here anyway, when his only remaining function was - if we're to follow your line of reasoning - to be betrayed on a weekly basis by the players, at our expense?

There's no reason to deny the obvious truth that he had a big mandate this season, made some very big calls, and got enough of them wrong to be sacked.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

And this guy is telling in this video how successful he was

working with strikers.

How ridiculous.

You do realize relying on sports psychology doesn't automatically mean it can help overcoming mental blockades immediately? These things take time, but when they do have the desired effect, the result can be mesmerizing - as demonstrated by Vardy a year later.

Different people take on guidance, help or support on different levels at a different speed.

It's also pretty much based on mutual understanding and sympathy - some councillors work better with a certain type of client/player, whilst others don't.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

And this guy is telling in this video how successful he was

working with strikers.

How ridiculous.

but then last season he begun to score a lot more once he got 'psycho-ed' ..  how 's that?

3 minutes ago, erlee said:

but then last season he begun to score a lot more once he got 'psycho-ed' ..  how 's that?

Read this:

""I owed Claudio to find the right and appropriate words," he said. "Claudio has and always will have my complete respect. What we achieved together and as a team was the impossible.

"He believed in me when many didn't and for that I owe him my eternal gratitude."

Jamie Vardy

Funny, Vardy isn't talking about Mr Way.

So far, I have not read any comment from

a player about Mr Way.

Why?

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

These things take time, but when they do have the desired effect, the result can be mesmerizing - as demonstrated by Vardy a year later.

How do you know, that the almost incredible performance

improvement of Vardy was due to Mr Way and not to Ranieri?

It was Ranieri who decided to start Vardy, although in

the season before Ulloa had been the top scorer.

Could it be, that this decision was the reason,why

Vardy became a record-breaking striker last season,

and not Mr Way's magic?

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

The problem is that the "leaks" are unsubstantiated just like this article. Everybody now seems to have an insider opinion that they can't endorse with facts. I support LCFC & believe in them unequivocally, not these band wagon jumpers that are trying to make themselves important. 

Unsubstantiated leaks? So the mans not been sacked then? Don't you also think if that was all lies either club lawyers or CR's lawyers would be all over it.

The club are more likely to be doing a pr cover up than this all being bollox.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You do realize relying on sports psychology doesn't automatically mean it can help overcoming mental blockades immediately? These things take time, but when they do have the desired effect, the result can be mesmerizing - as demonstrated by Vardy a year later.

Different people take on guidance, help or support on different levels at a different speed.

It's also pretty much based on mutual understanding and sympathy - some councillors work better with a certain type of client/player, whilst others don't.

If this shrink was so bloody important then surely Jamie Vardy could have retained his services in a private capacity?  

The biggest single reason why Jamie Vardy started to score goals for Leicester City is because Claudio Ranieri moved him from the wing to a more central position.

The biggest single reason why Jamie Vardy isn't scoring so many goals now is because opposing teams have sussed us out and defend deeper.

Jesus Christ, a twelve year old could tell you that.

It has nothing to do with the retention of the club psychologist.

• Like 1

>> The biggest single reason why Jamie Vardy started to score goals for Leicester City is because Claudio Ranieri moved him from the wing to a more central position. <<

really?? the last i see., he was still playing as a Striker for CR ..in a central position

I think Ranieri shoulders a lot of blame for the changes he made this season. Although I can understand why he made some of those changes.

Some changes were forced on him, especially in terms of players gone (kante) and players coming in. 

What really gets to me was he should never have tried to change too much of the off field stuff. At least not until we established our new team/tactics/personnel for the season, until then he should have left the off field structure in place.

Now we will never be able to tell how much of an impact a guy like this would have had. If we would still lose we could definitely pin our problems down to not having a kante replacement or players like vardy mahrez not giving it all or other on field issues.... Because Ranieri wanted to really put his signature on our style and take us to the next level..... He changed too much too soon....