Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Interview with sports psychologist who was sacked by Ranieri

21 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Reading that just compounds the reasons I believe Ranieri had to go. This club was moulded on forward thinking, science, technology, detailed analysis, and above all- characters who fit in with what we were trying to do.

We've lost our way and we've lost our identity. Hopefully it's not too late to get back on track.

This wasn't intended as a pun, but I'm rather happy with myself actually.

• Like 2

Very interesting read! You've got to say that letting your top sports psychologist go and then seeing angry and resentful players not that long after seems like a clear case of cause and effect. Without a way to air or vent concerns, these things can easily fester as evidenced with current predicament. 

We all criticise sports pros pros because of the obscene money they earn but they are under immense pressure. Leo Messi has yet to really do it at a major tournament (I know he won player of the tournament in Brazil but there were at least 5 players who deserved it more) and I'm sure one reason is that the entirety of Argentina is expecting him to deliver. So having help with the mental side can be important. 

21 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

On my Seville adventure this week, I met someone very much ITK having worked for Leicester in recent seasons. Really nice guy who was very genuine and very real as I googled him after. He shared many pearls of Wisdom, here are but 3:

1) Walsh and Shakey massively had Claudio's ear last year and very much influenced tactics. This season not at all for different reasons.

2) LCFC should have sold (cashed in) Mahrez in the summer. Great technician, but not necessarily mentally tough enough to reproduce that form again.

3) Slimani was thought by certain important parties to be ok, but not worth going for above 10mil. Claudio did not agree.

I just had a sense from my chat with the fella, that the Italian has made a lot of very stubborn and dubious decisions this season.

I personally would take all that with a pinch of salt. It sounds very bitter. Also someone claiming to know.

I do not distrust you just what he said.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Telegraph are releasing a number of articles that don't fit in with the media slaying of us, it's as if they have some actual info rather than the other piss ants.

John Percy seems to be the only reliable journalist with in-depth details of what happens at our club throughout the season.

The only other people I trust out there are Gianluca Di Marzio and David Amoyal, although with those 2 it's usually just transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Poor decision to let him go, no doubt about that.

However, he's a psychologist, not a football person. He needs to learn a bit more about tactics before he starts using phrases like 'I think Claudio rode a bit on the coat-tails of Nigel.'

If anything, I think that paragraph from Mr Way overstates, not understates, his own influence on last season's success. There is a bit more to management than he realises.

Agreed and he could also do with a job back at Leicester,  vested interests and all that.

1 hour ago, daz*dsb said:

Just further cements my thinking that Ranieri was slowly dismantling anything progressive and forward-thinking at our club. 

I love the fact we have a Premier League title but I'm genuinely devastated that Pearson's hard work has been destroyed. We're a trophy better off but we've gone a long way backwards as a club. Such a shame. 

Sums it up perfectly and captures the feelings of most real Leicester Fans. 

Mr Way was working for LCFC also in the 2014/15 season.

Just a reminder: we were rock-bottom for more than 140

days. What did he do during that time? Was he on strike?

Jamie Vardy scored in that season only 1 goal before the

Great Escape began. 1 goal in 29 games. Where was Mr

Way? Couldn't he help him to get back in form a little bit

faster?

I don't know, what exactly that guy is doing, but obviously

he doesn't work fast.

In other words.

Although Mr Way was at the club since 2011 and had

therefore enough time to work his magic on the players,

we  got almost relegated in 2014/15.

Not he made the Great Escape possible, but Huth,

Cambiasso and 352.

Why am I not surprised to hear from him again right

now?

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

On my Seville adventure this week, I met someone very much ITK having worked for Leicester in recent seasons. Really nice guy who was very genuine and very real as I googled him after. He shared many pearls of Wisdom, here are but 3:

1) Walsh and Shakey massively had Claudio's ear last year and very much influenced tactics. This season not at all for different reasons.

2) LCFC should have sold (cashed in) Mahrez in the summer. Great technician, but not necessarily mentally tough enough to reproduce that form again.

3) Slimani was thought by certain important parties to be ok, but not worth going for above 10mil. Claudio did not agree.

I just had a sense from my chat with the fella, that the Italian has made a lot of very stubborn and dubious decisions this season.

Sounds about right. I always wondered why the club didn't pay Slimani's release clause of 25M & then a few weeks later,when it had expired, went in and paid 30M. 

There is/was a lot going wrong behind the scenes which Top alluded to in his statement:

"What you have seen is only some sides of the club which we can show to the public."

"We have done our best as a management. We do not have only one problem to solve, but there are millions thing to do to make our club survive."

I personally think Claudio, having been sacked by Greece, was short of confidence and that's why he was open to the ideas of Walsh (brought Kante),Shakey & others. The title win emboldened him, it was either his way or the highway, Psychologist was sacked, Walsh walked & Shakey and him rarely ever talked. Claudio walked into a stable united club and has left it shattered and in complete shambles.

Sadly you won't here any of this truth from the media.

• Like 2

Interesting, but it's only one side of the multifaceted enigma that has been Leicester City this season.

Personally, I agree with Ranieri. Grown men should be able to stand on their own two feet, but then again, maybe we've got a team full of babies that need a wet nurse... which I can believe from this season's performances.

• Like 2

This story does not surprise me, It appears that that the dismantling and tinkering has had a massive negative impact.

This post is not about the house that NP built, yet it does highlight the amazing positives created by the tremendous foundations he had put in place.

The dodgy extension needs to be knocked down and that comfortable house and happy family living in it restored.