Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

I had to stock up on bits this week so that I'm not struggling when this tpd comes in next month I got

2.5l VG

1l PG

500ml 7.2% Nicotine

all for £31 from Darkstar Vapours.

Spent £30 odd on flavour concentrates from Vapable as well. 

The bottle of Nic will last over 3 years alone @ 10ml of juice a day. You save so much cash making your own and there are literally thousands of recipes online, I just started by looking at which flavours in the recipes I fancied then checking the reviews to see if they were any good. 

Theres a dinner lady lemon tart clone knocking about somewhere for you Una. 

Edited by stix

Literally chain vaped non stop for a week since buying new kit

So last night puffing away (with newly primed coil) and no taste! Tried different juices, coil, bought a new tank today, nothing

I cant taste food either even coffee! Looked online and "vapours tongue" popped up alot! Apparantly constant vaping causes taste buds to pack their bags and leave your head temporarily! 

Anybody else had this? 

43 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

So last night puffing away (with newly primed coil) and no taste! Tried different juices, coil, bought a new tank today, nothing

I cant taste food either even coffee! Looked online and "vapours tongue" popped up alot! Apparantly constant vaping causes taste buds to pack their bags and leave your head temporarily! 

Anybody else had this? 

lol no!

4 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

Anybody else had this? 

Yeah, brush your tongue, eat a spicey meal, that will kick in the taste again, also try another juice with a wildy different flavour

• 3 weeks later...

I went into ecig wizard in wigston today to try out some different flavours. E liquid is so expensive!!! £5.50 for TEN ml!! 

I stocked up on some 72mg nicotine concentrate last month so it'll last me years. I have 5 different tanks so I don't really need anymore! I think you will still be able to get them sent over from China anyway. 

This whole TPD thing is purely a money spinner, where as now i would use 4.17ml of my 72mg nic liquid to make 100ml of 3mg juice, because now the max strength is 20mg and the max size is 10ml it means I would need to put 16.00ml of nic liquid in 100ml. Such a rip off!

1 hour ago, stix said:

This whole TPD thing is purely a money spinner, where as now i would use 4.17ml of my 72mg nic liquid to make 100ml of 3mg juice, because now the max strength is 20mg and the max size is 10ml it means I would need to put 16.00ml of nic liquid in 100ml. Such a rip off!

Eh, it's far more of a health and product quality thing. If it were about spinning money for the industry then parts of the industry wouldn't have taken a challenge to the CJEU. The cost of getting all the data needed for a submission and filing with the MHRA can be prohibitively high, I know some manufacturers have resorted to selling the individual components for their flavours to mix at home because they can't afford to take their range through TPD.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, it's far more of a health and product quality thing. If it were about spinning money for the industry then parts of the industry wouldn't have taken a challenge to the CJEU. The cost of getting all the data needed for a submission and filing with the MHRA can be prohibitively high, I know some manufacturers have resorted to selling the individual components for their flavours to mix at home because they can't afford to take their range through TPD.

But there was nothing wrong with the product before. Where as I paid £17.50 for 500ml of 72mg nicotine, the equivalent amount @20mg would cost me £180. 

Yeah one of the shops in Wigston started selling the flavour concentrates today, but he was also still selling big bottles of juice as well. 

Its just the whole thing seems overkill. I don't see any danger from having a 5ml tank, just means you'll be constantly filling up through out the day. Yet they haven't put in any new laws regarding the mods used to vape with, and it's those that cause the fireworks going off in your pocket, and the stupidity of the user as well obviously. 

16 minutes ago, stix said:

But there was nothing wrong with the product before. Where as I paid £17.50 for 500ml of 72mg nicotine, the equivalent amount @20mg would cost me £180. 

Yeah one of the shops in Wigston started selling the flavour concentrates today, but he was also still selling big bottles of juice as well. 

Its just the whole thing seems overkill. I don't see any danger from having a 5ml tank, just means you'll be constantly filling up through out the day. Yet they haven't put in any new laws regarding the mods used to vape with, and it's those that cause the fireworks going off in your pocket, and the stupidity of the user as well obviously. 

Having been unregulated before, you can't say that with confidence though. There are plenty of flavours that were out there that were not safe for normal use - things like exceeding OELs for some flavour compounds. That's part of the point of getting the compositional and emissions data registered with the MHRA - demonstrating the liquids are fit for consumption.

Iirc hardware is covered under the TPD, there's not clear standards in the legislation like with nicotine strengths, bottle sizes etc, but point 11 in article 20 (the section of the TPD that deals with e-cigarettes) states "where a competent authority ascertains or has reasonable grounds to believe that specific electronic cigarettes or refill containers, or a type of electronic cigarette or refill container, could present a serious risk to human health, it may take appropriate provisional measures" - I'm not well versed in the enforcement of legislation, but I think that covers banning poor quality mods like the ones that can blow up in your pocket.

there are sections of the TPD that don't make sense to me, for instance limiting bottle sizes to 10ml, but realistically it's mostly just common sense - requiring product safety verification and registration for what is (or at least should be) a public health product.

Need some help folks. I've been looking at switching to vapes from roll ups, and ive been considering the Artery Nugget, its not too big and seems to be fairly more portable than some of the larger ones and reviews look pretty good too. But there are so many to choose from i dont really know where to start, for instance, would it better to get a different tank, or maybe consider a completely different vaping device. What are ohms? Sub ohms? If it helps im not too bothered about about size or density of the vape clouds. 

10 minutes ago, Dipak83 said:

Need some help folks. I've been looking at switching to vapes from roll ups, and ive been considering the Artery Nugget, its not too big and seems to be fairly more portable than some of the larger ones and reviews look pretty good too. But there are so many to choose from i dont really know where to start, for instance, would it better to get a different tank, or maybe consider a completely different vaping device. What are ohms? Sub ohms? If it helps im not too bothered about about size or density of the vape clouds. 

Everything is covered in this thread mate. I asked the very same questions and they were all answered by very knowledgable and helpful members of these boards. have a read through and you'll be set.

Or just buy an evic primo mod with a Uwell crown tank like i did ;) 

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Everything is covered in this thread mate. I asked the very same questions and they were all answered by very knowledgable and helpful members of these boards. have a read through and you'll be set.

Or just buy an evic primo mod with a Uwell crown tank like i did ;) 

Just been reading few comments from the beginning. Has proved very helpful so far. Thanks. Need to do a little more research i think. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

So I could use a little, help. I'm thinking of building my own coils, I have an RDA deck buut wondering if this kit looks good value for money. feel it will be cheaper than buying coils in the future

https://www.ukecigstore.com/vaping-outlaws-tool-kit-20478.html

_dsc3977.jpg

Cheers :thumbup:

Reading this thread makes me realise what it must be like to be dyslexic.

I see the words but nothing makes sense.

56 minutes ago, Beliall said:

So I could use a little, help. I'm thinking of building my own coils, I have an RDA deck buut wondering if this kit looks good value for money. feel it will be cheaper than buying coils in the future

https://www.ukecigstore.com/vaping-outlaws-tool-kit-20478.html

_dsc3977.jpg

Cheers :thumbup:

I mix my own juice, but building my own coils is a step too far. I know a couple of guys who do it but I just haven't got the time or inclination. I'd only get it wrong and end up blowing myself up lol

The coils I use cost £11 for 5 and each lasts about 2 weeks. I can't see the cost/time benefit it doing it myself.

I'm sure someone on here does their own and can advise you though. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I mix my own juice, but building my own coils is a step too far. I know a couple of guys who do it but I just haven't got the time or inclination. I'd only get it wrong and end up blowing myself up lol

The coils I use cost £11 for 5 and each lasts about 2 weeks. I can't see the cost/time benefit it doing it myself.

I'm sure someone on here does their own and can advise you though. Good luck!

my coils last a while,  use 2 tanks, one for home and one for when I go out. The home tank is a TFV8 beast and its brilliant, but it guzzles juice and batteries so is no good if i am out all day so i have a crown tank as well. I have just had to fork out for coils for both, and juice. i can make each coil last around 3 weeks so i wont need to reload for around 3-4 months but it still hurts

20 minutes ago, Beliall said:

my coils last a while,  use 2 tanks, one for home and one for when I go out. The home tank is a TFV8 beast and its brilliant, but it guzzles juice and batteries so is no good if i am out all day so i have a crown tank as well. I have just had to fork out for coils for both, and juice. i can make each coil last around 3 weeks so i wont need to reload for around 3-4 months but it still hurts

Wish my coils lasted that long :(