Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

XBOX: Project Scorpio.

Should be interesting. I assume they will reveal the console itself. As in what it looks like and not just the specs.

Haven't had an Xbox since the 360 as I believe the Playstation has better exclusive games but will still be interested to see what the Scorpio is all about.

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

If they really manage to deliver those specs it will be 10/10.

With the resources Microsoft have it's about time they started to deliver and put a genuine Sony opposition out there. 

Will probably be purchasing with a new 4k TV lol

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If they really manage to deliver those specs it will be 10/10.

With the resources Microsoft have it's about time they started to deliver and put a genuine Sony opposition out there. 

Will probably be purchasing with a new 4k TV lol

I am right in saying this is a new console yes? lol

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I am right in saying this is a new console yes? lol

Honestly I have no idea. It's a new design, but as far as I know it intends to still be an xbox one+. And not a completely new gen, if that makes any sense at all. 

19 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just had a quick read of it. Sounds good but it really needs to get some decent exclusive games. Will keep an eye on it though

Microsoft have stated that it will not feature any true exclusives (ie. all games will have to be compatible with the original Xbox One) but a couple of third-party developers have stated in recent interviews that this thing is an absolute beast and really should be considered next-gen from the Xbox One and PS4.

Depending on price I'm definitely interested, treated myself to a great new 4K Samsung tv at Christmas so the games will look really sharp

When will Microsoft relise it's not about the specs and power but about the quality of the game. You can make a visual masterpiece that runs at perfect fps and full HD but if the gameplay is pants then no one will buy it. 

Sony go for exclusives and gameplay and have smashed the xbox one for six as a result. Not mentioning that the PS4 actually runs at a better framerate anyway. 

For me it would need to deliver those specs with a tone of exclusive games and some very original groundbreaking games for it to be anywhere near desirable. The issue Microsoft has is that it's revealing it's hand early. Gamers will either take the bate or stick with their current consoles till it's revealed what sony will bring to the table. 

They should just admit defeat in this cycle of consoles and play a waiting game.  Their marketing guy, who was pushed, sacked or whatever has cost them dearly.  

By showing their hand early all Sony need to do is to continue to not mess up and they'll continue to dominate.

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They should just admit defeat in this cycle of consoles and play a waiting game.  Their marketing guy, who was pushed, sacked or whatever has cost them dearly.  

By showing their hand early all Sony need to do is to continue to not mess up and they'll continue to dominate.

So is it a new console or just an improved XBOX ONE?

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

"Core to the new console is the Scorpio Engine, the new SoC (system on chip) developed once again in conjunction with AMD. In common with many aspects of the box, engineering the new processor was based on a revolutionary workflow - one that could only really be achieved on a mid-generation refresh design."

:dunno:

Just now, FireFox said:

"Core to the new console is the Scorpio Engine, the new SoC (system on chip) developed once again in conjunction with AMD. In common with many aspects of the box, engineering the new processor was based on a revolutionary workflow - one that could only really be achieved on a mid-generation refresh design."

Exactly... confusing lol

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

So is it a new console or just an improved XBOX ONE?

My take on it is that it's an upgrade on the X1.  They've also gone out of their way to show how it's slightly improved over the PS Pro.  The bigger the numbers, the better the spec right?

Tbh though, I haven't a clue.

41 minutes ago, FireFox said:

It's hardly new if it's a mid-generation refresh design.  lol 

Personally, I think the PS4 is a great console, but would I go out and buy the Pro as a "mid-generation" refresh design?  No chance.  Unless the PS4 broke down and I was forced to buy a new console.

Besides, the TV needs to be right up to scratch to take advantage of the new specs and in order to achieve a noticeable difference this will cost in excess of £800.  The new Panasonic EX series of TVs should do the job nicely - £1300, although the DX750 can be bought for around £800 now. 

The outlay isn't worth it imo, just stick with what you've got.

20 hours ago, Adster said:

They can boost up the specs all they want. Until they get exclusives anywhere near as good as the ones Sony are getting they might as well not bother.

Pretty negative comment. If you want exclusives you have to give them a lure, Microsoft are doing exactly that. There will be plenty of companies wanted to produce games for the new system just to see how far they can push it. 

In the end, Microsoft have to step their game up, no reason why not to do it now to get a feel for the market before the "proper" next gen of consoles. 

No good having an awesome plate if all you're going to serve up on it is a load of shit. 

Xbox seriously lacking any decent exclusives / ground-breaking titles and Microsoft's weird update policy holds them back with updates, etc. 

Changing from Xbox to PS this generation was the best decision I could have made, no doubt.

3 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

No good having an awesome plate if all you're going to serve up on it is a load of shit. 

Xbox seriously lacking any decent exclusives / ground-breaking titles and Microsoft's weird update policy holds them back with updates, etc. 

Changing from Xbox to PS this generation was the best decision I could have made, no doubt.

You get exclusives by having the tech and player base. 

You get the player base by having the exclusives and tech. 

The only thing out of those 3 Microsoft can really control is the tech. There's a long way to go but it's a good start, surely. 

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

You get exclusives by having the tech and player base. 

You get the player base by having the exclusives and tech. 

The only thing out of those 3 Microsoft can really control is the tech. There's a long way to go but it's a good start, surely. 

Not really. We all know it's a money/contractual thing. Game studios really won't care about designing games to showcase the Xboxs power unless they're paid more than the competition. 

The Xbox still lacks and I don't see it getting any better any time soon unless some new IPs do the business.

Archived