Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Prison officer job

Just remember 1 thing, respect is earned! If you are nice to everyone, some of them won't feel the need to respect you back because in the end of the day, they don't have to work and gain your respect/fair treatment.

Just take the backseat for the first few days or so and let a senior show you the way. 

You're doing a great service to society, @foxfanazer. Good luck to you:thumbup:

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

Just remember 1 thing, respect is earned! If you are nice to everyone, some of them won't feel the need to respect you back because in the end of the day, they don't have to work and gain your respect/fair treatment.

Just take the backseat for the first few days or so and let a senior show you the way. 

You're doing a great service to society, @foxfanazer. Good luck to you:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice mate. I've been told the first 6 months will be the toughest but if you go about it the right way it's a rewarding job

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thanks for the advice mate. I've been told the first 6 months will be the toughest but if you go about it the right way it's a rewarding job

You can look for the worst job in the world and you would fined people that love it. 

You know the saying "different strokes for different folks", who knows? You might even love it.

Plus, no one would be messing with you after they know you are a prison officer. There are a lot of upsides of being one.

Knew a fella once who worked in the local slammer. Eventually he quit and last time I knew he was working as a scaffolder. He would be alright if the Tories decide to bring back hanging after the election.

Shepton Mallet prison is now closed. It was the oldest prison in the country, and certainly one of the grimmest looking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-wiltshire-39907395/disused-shepton-mallet-jail-becomes-tourist-attraction

One of my neighbours bought an old door from one of the cells. It weighs about half a ton and I can't see his house ever being broken into!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine (RIP) did the job for most of his life and absolutely loved it ...     He was in the quick response team and always went in first ...   So my advice, after seeing the state of his face ...    Never volunteer to go in first !

• 3 months later...

Archived