Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

Jeesus wept. If some foreign billionaire is influencing the election to suit their needs, you're seemingly cool and complacent about it? Would you be so cool about it if the result was the other way around?

What about the foreign billionaires funding remain, or doesn't that count?

3 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Jeesus wept. If some foreign billionaire is influencing the election to suit their needs, you're seemingly cool and complacent about it? Would you be so cool about it if the result was the other way around?

Apparently it was mainly old age pensioners or the dumb that voted brexit, I doubt the OAPs have been influenced by the digital targeting and the dumb just followed the bus didn't they? 

Just now, Webbo said:

What about the foreign billionaires funding remain, or doesn't that count?

Democracy, let this conversation slip over on to the General Election. Would you be happy for example if Labour hired foreign data agencies to directly influence the voting public to put Corbyn in power, and there was evidence to prove this was the case, and that unaccountable money was used outside of the approved and governed democratic system set up to assure the public a fair and honest, and transparent campaign occurred? I'm very doubtful.

Democracy, let this conversation slip over on to the General Election. Would you be happy for example if Labour hired foreign data agencies to directly influence the voting public to put Corbyn in power, and there was evidence to prove this was the case, and that unaccountable money was used outside of the approved and governed democratic system set up to assure the public a fair and honest, and transparent campaign occurred? I'm very doubtful.

Do they do miracles?

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Apparently it was mainly old age pensioners or the dumb that voted brexit, I doubt the OAPs have been influenced by the digital targeting and the dumb just followed the bus didn't they

No, they followed the old mainstream methods of persuasion. Of course you can target different audiences by different methods, it's not exactly rocket science. However, the digital methods are significantly nefarious. Read the article, it explains.

I wouldn't care where this data agency came from. If nobody wants to buy what you're selling the best team in the world wont win you an election.

You must remember this was in the Guardian which is the Daily mail for lefties. Of course they're going to spin it to work up their target audience.

10 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Ps answer my question, why aren't you complaining about the foreign billionaires funding remain?

Just now, Webbo said:

I wouldn't care where this data agency came from. If nobody wants to buy what you're selling the best team in the world wont win you an election.

You must remember this was in the Guardian which is the Daily mail for lefties. Of course they're going to spin it to work up their target audience.

Spin what? Are you seriously sticking your head in the sand cos the outcome of what they were up to fits your political stance? You do realise that if a billionaire with perhaps more disturbing and morally questionable motives wants to influence an election to their own needs your cool with it, cos it got you what you wanted? Everyone's doing it... FFS that's seriously ****ed up Webbo.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Ps answer my question, why aren't you complaining about the foreign billionaires funding remain?

Transparency Webbo. If it's open and transparent then both sides for this particular referendum were likely to seek funding from sources. i have no problem with that. What you are ignoring is this is NOT, and seriously undermines EVERY foreseeable election to come.

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

And you think only one side does that? As I said earlier, if they're that good how come 48% voted remain?

Who are this secret cabal ? Is it the big international banks who poured money into the remain campaign? Is it the CBI who have been promoting the EU for years? Was the big business concerns who are funding Gina Miller's campaigns?

Sure there were some rich individuals who wanted out, but maybe they disliked the EU for the same reasons as the 52%? Maybe their motives are as pure as Tony Blairs, Peter Mandelson. Alistair Campbell, Richard Branson's are for remain, or do all rich people who disagree with you have to be evil?

I questioned the morality of the methods, not the end user or outcome.

Spin what? Are you seriously sticking your head in the sand cos the outcome of what they were up to fits your political stance? You do realise that if a billionaire with perhaps more disturbing and morally questionable motives wants to influence an election to their own needs your cool with it, cos it got you what you wanted? Everyone's doing it... FFS that's seriously ****ed up Webbo.

Of course their motives are disturbing and morally questionable to you because you disagree with them.

Now why is it okay for Goldman Sachs to put money into the remain campaign?

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fun game for everyone. Count the number of question marks in relation to other punctuation in @Webbo's posts in the last two pages.

edit: and another!

Whats wrong with asking questions?

(There's another)

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Of course their motives are disturbing and morally questionable to you because you disagree with them.

Funding a political party in relation to mutual interests where it's publically recorded is one thing...

Mining data voluntarily given up by people in relation to their social interests, then using that information to tailor your argument and offering to those it will be most effectively be received by... mental minipulation if you will - something quite different.

Take Brexit out of it and just consider the wider context of what is being suggested, including the fact these techniques were alledgedly developed and used as part of a millatary strategy!

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm wasting my time. That was a hypothetical billionaire with much morals as deep as a Bannon puddle. Not the Tory shallows. The fact that you accept that this is condonable or part of election process now (forget Brexit for a minute) is seriously ****ed up. You need to have a word with yourself if you think that is a fair and honest system. The old and non-internet users will be dead in the next couple of generations, and nearly everyone will be utilsing the web, and social media much more than they do now. True democracy is at risk as there isn't transparency. Do agree with that sentiment?

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Funding a political party in relation to mutual interests where it's publically recorded is one thing...

Mining data voluntarily given up by people in relation to their social interests, then using that information to tailor your argument and offering to those it will be most effectively be received by... mental minipulation if you will - something quite different.

Take Brexit out of it and just consider the wider context of what is being suggested, including the fact these techniques were alledged developed an de used as part of a millatary strategy!

Military strategy? (There's another@sharpes fox).

You're being emotive. Its just marketing.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Whats wrong with asking questions?

(There's another)

Just seems you put more emphasis in trying to critique other peoples opinions that they've been kind and brave enough to share rather than trying to argue your own points with merit. Trying to catch people out is just a sure way to bully people out of sharing again.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Military strategy? (There's another@sharpes fox).

You're being emotive. Its just marketing.

Tamsin Shaw, an associate professor of philosophy at New York University, helps me understand the context. She has researched the US military’s funding and use of psychological research for use in torture. “The capacity for this science to be used to manipulate emotions is very well established. This is military-funded technology that has been harnessed by a global plutocracy and is being used to sway elections in ways that people can’t even see, don’t even realise is happening to them,” she says. “It’s about exploiting existing phenomenon like nationalism and then using it to manipulate people at the margins. To have so much data in the hands of a bunch of international plutocrats to do with it what they will is absolutely chilling.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Just seems you put more emphasis in trying to critique other peoples opinions that they've been kind and brave enough to share rather than trying to argue your own points with merit. Trying to catch people out is just a sure way to bully people out of sharing again.

Bullying? Seriously? You must have lead a sheltered life

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Lols. Webbo isn't a bully. He's a troll, who happens to be a mod.

Archived