Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Bullying? Seriously? You must have lead a sheltered life

You've done it again. You're not capable of responding with your own points so you'll pick up one aspect of a post and use it to constantly jibe someone with. Maybe bullying was the wrong word but maybe spherical is right and troll is.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You've done it again. You're not capable of responding with your own points so you'll pick up one aspect of a post and use it to constantly jibe someone with. Maybe bullying was the wrong word but maybe spherical is right and troll is.

And not a very good one either.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Its The Guardian.

Published in the Guardian yes (not sure how that debunks the whole article), but it's by https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Cadwalladr who used to work for the Telegraph. 

The quote is is attributed to a US professor Tasmin Shaw... http://philosophy.fas.nyu.edu/object/tamsinshaw.html. you can email her if you like.

34 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

No, they followed the old mainstream methods of persuasion. Of course you can target different audiences by different methods, it's not exactly rocket science. However, the digital methods are significantly nefarious. Read the article, it explains.

I read half the article, I did find it interesting but was a little tired. So felt I would be best to read the rest later. As it stands I'm dubious to how much effect it could have, however Its  only fair to comment when I have read it properly.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why is it trolling to ask someone to justify their argument?

You've called me more than once,one time because I used an old meme. I didn't cry about it or accuse you of bullying me. I give people an argument. I'm not personal. You need to realise that people can disagree with you without being trolls.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You've called me more than once,one time because I used an old meme. I didn't cry about it or accuse you of bullying me. I give people an argument. I'm not personal. You need to realise that people can disagree with you without being trolls.

Its pretty annoying for some to explain there point and for it to be dismissed with a three word response that's neither here nor there. 

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Moose has gone, someone has to step up and be the troll. Clearly I'm not good enough, over to you webbs.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Its pretty annoying for some to explain there point and for it to be dismissed with a two word response that's neither here nor there. 

Is it??

(I'm still practising my trolling)

8 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Published in the Guardian yes (not sure how that debunks the whole article), but it's by https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Cadwalladr who used to work for the Telegraph. 

The quote is is attributed to a US professor Tasmin Shaw... http://philosophy.fas.nyu.edu/object/tamsinshaw.html. you can email her if you like.

I'm not arguing its used by the military ,I'm saying so what. The military use all sorts of things used in everyday life, it doesn't prove anything.

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Its pretty annoying for some to explain there point and for it to be dismissed with a three word response that's neither here nor there. 

Do you ever read on here " daily fail" lol ?

I can't be bothered to write essays in reply, its not me. If I seem a little terse at times I apologise.

To be fair to Webbo I'm not sure what people want him to say. My own take on the article is it's sensationalist but has some valid points. It occasionally strays into ridiculous hyperbole and clearly leads the reader in a particular direction which is ironic really given the subject matter. Ultimately the only wrongdoing appears to be collusion between what were presented as different entities campaigning for leave.

I'd argue that digital media would mostly be consumed by younger voters and since younger voters backed remain and voted in greater numbers than in General Elections - this spending didn't have a huge impact on the result.

It's all gotten a bit interesting in here, hasn't it?

FWIW, I think that dismissing the idea that someone using various digital means in order to subvert the democratic process and install leaderships that they desire is a little naive: digital is the new battleground, after all, and those who have power and want more need to get adept at using such resources if they're going to keep it. It stands to reason that if they have such resources at their disposal and the means to use them, they will do so.

There does, right now, seem to be a concerted effort using such digital methods with the objective of installing nationalist leaders and nationalist/"stand-alone" decision making in various places around the world. Some places it has been successful, others it has not. The timing of information release about parties running against nationalist candidates at critical times just before elections as well as various other soft influences are there to be seen - those may, may be entirely coincidental, as may be the fact that all these nationalist leaders are having success (or close-to-success) at the same time...but it seems a little off.

Of course if you're going to put forward a conspiracy, you've got to suggest who stands to gain from increased nationalism, militarism and distrust in the various places being affected...and that, for the time being is entirely speculative. Could be the Russians, could be elements within the US government looking for the next war...could be another party entirely.

My own position about it all is pretty simple though: everyone has seen what aggressive nationalism does and can do given the right amount of power and backing behind it, so the more aggressive nationalists like Le Pen or whoever else are kept from power, the better. If, and it's still a big if, someone is helping them gain power through subverting democracy in this way...then that someone is extremely dangerous for the future of human civilisation as we know it.

I apologise in advance for discussing Brexit Britain. I understand if some people would like to ignore it and get on with life without discussing the central issue facing us in the next decade. I will be posting about ponies in the next thread hopefully.

Here's the loony left-wing sandal-wearing politically correct affirmative action give peace a change teach the world to sing Times of London talking about the 80,000 very high paying jobs we could well lose from the City of London with all May's bellicose hate them hate them hate them they're the enemy interfering in our democracy and prosperity please support me it's them them them they're the problem they hate us they hate us they hate you they hate you no no no no they weren't once allies rhetoric.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ed60720a-30fd-11e7-acb4-4131236e799a

I'm worried about our trickle down economy because I'm worried where the tricklers are going.

If the tricklers aren't there to trickle down how can the people swallow that trickling? I always thought the bankers would do a little trickling by buying trainers and coffees with their own tremendous trickling, and even trickle their trickles into other firms whose employees would do a little trickling themselves by buy coffees and trainers, and then people would be employed to sell and even make those coffees and trainers and then Thatcher would look down lovingly upon her little trickles from the heavenly source of all those trickles.

I have always tried to hold my mouth gaping open to all this trickling, and since the bankers have the most trickles maybe they'll be less trickles for me?

Maybe the Bank of England can print loads more little trickles and then the banks can still trickle those trickles into firms and I'll take my trickles from there. But if the biggest part of economy in the City of London slowly moves away and if May doesn't significantly improve the price of the pound and if May doesn't convince people to buy more stuff even though it's more expensive then maybe the banks won't want to trickle so much onto our firms?

Is our trickle down economy trickling away?

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I apologise in advance for discussing Brexit Britain. I understand if some people would like to ignore it and get on with life without discussing the central issue facing us in the next decade. I will be posting about ponies in the next thread hopefully.

Here's the loony left-wing sandal-wearing politically correct affirmative action give peace a change teach the world to sing Times of London talking about the 80,000 very high paying jobs we could well lose from the City of London with all May's bellicose hate them hate them hate them they're the enemy interfering in our democracy and prosperity please support me it's them them them they're the problem they hate us they hate us they hate you they hate you no no no no they weren't once allies rhetoric.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ed60720a-30fd-11e7-acb4-4131236e799a

I'm worried about our trickle down economy because I'm worried where the tricklers are going.

If the tricklers aren't there to trickle down how can the people swallow that trickling? I always thought the bankers would do a little trickling by buying trainers and coffees with their own tremendous trickling, and even trickle their trickles into other firms whose employees would do a little trickling themselves by buy coffees and trainers, and then people would be employed to sell and even make those coffees and trainers and then Thatcher would look down lovingly upon her little trickles from the heavenly source of all those trickles.

I have always tried to hold my mouth gaping open to all this trickling, and since the bankers have the most trickles maybe they'll be less trickles for me?

Maybe the Bank of England can print loads more little trickles and then the banks can still trickle those trickles into firms and I'll take my trickles from there. But if the biggest part of economy in the City of London slowly moves away and if May doesn't significantly improve the price of the pound and if May doesn't convince people to buy more stuff even though it's more expensive then maybe the banks won't want to trickle so much onto our firms?

Is our trickle down economy trickling away?

I think I just had a trickle down seizure. :huh:

In an noted effort to show both sides of the story - and especially since I've been accused of hating Britain because I audaciously criticise our beautiful government at least three times in this thread - retail spending has increased!

The language used by the retail association is 'brief respite' though which is the kind of language I'd use to describe a nudist running across Hull's pitch before they're hammered into the Championship. It's because of a late Easter whatever that is and a bit of sun.

And they say prices are still increasing. But who knows perhaps the pound will recover and prices will decrease and then the only problems will be pointing guns at Polish people, territory disputes in Gibraltar and Northern Ireland, job loses in the City, the inability to replace eu workers, firms leaving for the want of Single Market access, leaving nurses and reduced influence in the world's largest trading block.

Anyway, come May's re-election I will be buying Asda party-poppers to celebrate - regardless of their increased price - and that should further increase spending in a post election bounce.

Somewhat worryingly though a 39 year old newly elected Frenchman recently said these words about our politically and economically sound decision to remove ourselves from the world's largest trading block when China and the US later showed they're not as keen on trade as before.

C_TKyjGXcAE7put.jpg

That doesn't sound great. I hope that doesn't affect May's ability to gain tariff free access to the Single Market without doing what Norway and others have to do despite that's exactly what it says. It's a pity he's being like this. Why can't there be some kind of club where European nations club together and align their political and economic interests together and run it by signing treaties, electing a load of civil servants to implement directives about those treaties and then confirming those in a directly elected chamber and then an indirectly elected chamber made up of national ministers? I can but dream.

Archived