Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I'm saying toddybad is accusing webbo of offering conflicting opinions in two threads but is opposing them both with conflicting opinions. Clear enough?

I'd argue this isn't the case.

In this thread I'm arguing that leaving the eu will destroy our economy. In the election thread im arguing that we need to stop destruction of our economy by putting money in. The two arguments are different things. You may not agree with my politics or rationale but i don't think the two are inconsistent.

I was pointing out that brexiteer tory voters say the economy doesn't matter in this thread and then castigate labour for being a risk to the economy in the other. 

Your point only holds if you think I'm arguing in the election thread that we should vote labour despite the economy. Im not. Im saying we should vote labour because of the economy. 

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Surely posting on Foxestalk is all the happiness anyone could need?

Typical bloody politician...!!!   Open the doors for a better life, then trys to stop the funding, because he believes, you should

be Shown there is Another train of thought....Well!! You give me the money, while I am thinking about my relationship,

With foxestalk..You said that money isnt Everything, give me a chance to see if I agree.Without the full commitment, it will

be difficult to determine the value of your words.

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I'd argue this isn't the case.

In this thread I'm arguing that leaving the eu will destroy our economy by increasing prices. In the election thread im arguing that we need to stop destruction of our economy by putting money in. The two arguments are different things. You may not agree with my politics or rationale but i don't think the two are inconsistent.

I was pointing out that brexiteer tory voters say the economy doesn't matter in this thread and then castigate labour for being a risk to the economy in the other. 

Your point only holds if you think I'm arguing in the election thread that we should vote labour despite the economy. Im not. Im saying we should vote labour because of the economy. 

I didn't say the economy didn't matter, I said that those of us who voted Brexit expected a short term , small fall , in prosperity. So far it hasn't happened. Labour's policies are unfunded, unrealistic, proven failures. There is a difference.

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Typical bloody politician...!!!   Open the doors for a better life, then trys to stop the funding, because he believes, you should

be Shown there is Another train of thought....Well!! You give me the money, while I am thinking about my relationship,

With foxestalk..You said that money isnt Everything, give me a chance to see if I agree.Without the full commitment, it will

be difficult to determine the value of your words.

As always with you, I have no idea what you're going on about so in the spirit of our debate, banana, banana, elbow, tennis racquet.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

As always with you, I have no idea what you're going on about so in the spirit of our debate, banana, banana, elbow, tennis racquet.

Ahhhhg.  I just want your money...:P

20 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Finally something we agree on in a political thread, I've never had a clue what he's on about either. lol 

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Finally something we agree on in a political thread, I've never had a clue what he's on about either. lol 

31 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ahhhhg.  I just want your money...:P

Have you ever seen fuchsntf and Bernie in the same room?

55 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I didn't say the economy didn't matter, I said that those of us who voted Brexit expected a short term , small fall , in prosperity. So far it hasn't happened. Labour's policies are unfunded, unrealistic, proven failures. There is a difference.

Only labour have a costed manifesto. Unrealistic despite being either reversals of policy changes or mainstream policy on the continent? 'Proven' despite not having been done in 40 years and despite the abject failure of the current government to meet any of its targets?

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Only labour have a costed manifesto. Unrealistic despite being either reversals of policy changes or mainstream policy on the continent? 'Proven' despite not having been done in 40 years and despite the abject failure of the current government to meet any of its targets?

There's a good reason why those policies haven't been done in 40 years.

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

We all expected some short term financial hit. The truth is the economy has exceeded all predictions. People voted for self determination, money isn't everything.

Say you have a young family just on the bread-line.

Now tell them they're going to earn less money. Tell them what they can afford will cost them more. Tell them any holidays abroad they do have will cost more. Tell them the jobs are at risk due to slowing growth.

Tell them their children's economic futures will depend on how well May negotiates - something May herself has said. Tell them the university funding their children can benefit from will decrease.

And tell them the French president has said brexit will benefit the EU more than the UK. Tell them the part of the economy that provides about 20% of our economy is slipping away towards Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin. Tell them that China and the US is less keen on trade than before.

Can you explain to me how excited they'll get about "self determination"? And tell me how that applies to them. Can you explain how signing treaties and agreeing to abide by their rules limits a country's self determination?

Can you explain what they'll say when you show them this graph - currently at financial crisis levels - and then say "but but but self determination!"

wages2-0.jpg

And Webbo, money - when you are relatively well off - isn't everything.

But when you have only a little - those who are willing to reduce your money risk your future, your kids future and your grand kid's future.

Self determination is your ability to determine your future. And we do that with money. Reduce my money, reduce my self-determination.

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Now tell them they're going to earn less money. Tell them what they can afford will cost them more. Tell them any holidays abroad they do have will cost more. Tell them the jobs are at risk due to slowing growth.

Tell them their children's economic futures will depend on how well May negotiates - something May herself has said. Tell them the university funding their children can benefit from will decrease.

And tell them the French president has said brexit will benefit the EU more than the UK. Tell them the part of the economy that provides about 20% of our economy is slipping away towards Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin. Tell them that China and the US is less keen on trade than before.

Can you explain to me how excited they'll get about "self determination"? And tell me how that applies to them. Can you explain how signing treaties and agreeing to abide by their rules limits a country's self determination?

Can you explain what they'll say when you show them this graph - currently at financial crisis levels - and then say "but but but self determination!"

wages2-0.jpg

So we were in negative pay growth in 2008 ? We're we in the EU then?

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

wages2-0.jpg

Tell them not to believe everything they read or hear relating to politics and the economy.

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If they could flatten those meatballs into burgers and throw in some pizza most kids would snatch your hand off.

40 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There was a global recession. There isn't now, that's why this is not good.

What about 2011? Let me guess, that was the Tories fault? Italy's economy has barely grown for 20 years, Greece is back in recession, France has 10% unemployment and yet to believe some people it seems we're going from caviar everyday to barely surviving on bread and water if we leave. It's hysterical nonsense.

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

banana, banana, elbow, tennis racquet.

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

Artichoke.;)

I have rejoined this debate at a very interesting point ....     I will now carefully consider your comments Mr Webster and then respond accordingly ... 

Just now, Countryfox said:

I have rejoined this debate at a very interesting point ....     I will now carefully consider your comments Mr Webster and then respond accordingly ... 

Raspberry fool.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

There was a global recession. There isn't now, that's why this is not good.

Whether there was a brexit, or whether there was a remain....

Where since 2008 have normal peoples lives, financial targets, and needs changed for the better.

Where globally have richer countries poor to avg peoples, real cares/worries improved.????

Where, despite upfront lies, and detestable business, are Banks supporting the countries economies.

Where is the idea or notion come from that the global recession is over..?? 

Just to add, I used to work for a top stock Exchange/Boerse.

The handle still goes on, the fear more than before is still alive and kicking, not forgetting, an exchange

Lives on the lives and deaths of businesses..the bear and the bull  nice symbols to be sure, but when they Decide

to really Clash  with  the ups and downs, they both wiill stay gouging and a Clawring, but losers effected by big hits

Usually stay hit........Unless your a Bank, who rides the corruption, because since 2008, you who bought failure,

Have still got Carte Blanche...To dictate.!!

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Whether there was a brexit, or whether there was a remain....

Where since 2008 have normal peoples lives, financial targets, and needs changed for the better.

Where globally have richer countries poor to avg peoples, real cares/worries improved.????

Where, despite upfront lies, and detestable business, are Banks supporting the countries economies.

Where is the idea or notion come from that the global recession is over..?? 

Just to add, I used to work for a top stock Exchange/Boerse.

The handle still goes on, the fear more than before is still alive and kicking, not forgetting, an exchange

Lives on the lives and deaths of businesses..the bear and the bull  nice symbols to be sure, but when they Decide

to really Clash  with  the ups and downs, they both wiill stay gouging and a Clawring, but losers effected by big hits

Usually stay hit........Unless your a Bank, who rides the corruption, because since 2008, you who bought failure,

Have still got Carte Blanche...To dictate.!!

Jam rolypoly.

Archived