Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Brexit Discussion Thread.

I bet some of you thought this stuff would never end huh? Well, today's the day, it's now your turn to,do your bit and vote;

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/voting-in-person

https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk/polling-stations

Voting in person

Your council will send you a poll card just before an election telling you where and when to vote.

If you haven’t received a poll card but think you should, contact your local Electoral Registration Office.

You can still vote if you’ve lost your card.

Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm on the day of the election (‘polling day’), and are usually located in public buildings like schools or local halls.

When you get to the polling station

Give your name and address to the staff inside the polling station when you arrive. You don’t have to take your poll card with you.

You’ll be given a ballot paper containing a list of the people, parties or the options you can vote for.

*Filling in your ballot paper

*Take your ballot paper into a polling booth.

*Follow the instructions on the notices in the polling booth and on the top of the ballot paper to vote.

*Put it in the ballot box.

If you're still struggling to decide, here's a link to the full facts guide who are impartial;

https://fullfact.org/europe/

Note: If we are to respect normal customary protocol, all political discussion regarding the vote should now be held back until polls are closed.

Mods - fancy stickying this for today only?

Edit: I had added an exit poll to this thread, only to spot another one had been created - so I've deleted it. Apologies if you had already voted on here. The remaining exit poll can be found here http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/107362-foxestalk-euro-referendum-exit-poll/

It still won't be the end - remain and there'll be an inquest, the rise of ukip support and lengthy attempts to renegotiate our membership. Leave and there'll be years of negotiating our way out and the start of the Scottish independence and irish reunification debates. It's going to rumble on either way.

Well it seemed a lot busier this morning when I cast my vote than for normal elections. And so it should be.

Started remain and remained remain all the way through. Disgustingly negative campaign from both sides, at times feeling like I was witnessing an extreme Tory leadership contest rather than anything more significant. No defining fact based arguments from either side, so nothing

What do you have to need/have to get a postal vote?

A time travel machine.

You had to register / apply through your local council some time ago.

Guest LCFC_World

Voted leave, but pretty sure remain has won this from mainly people of the younger generation. I mean, I know people that have voted remain because the future of "game of thrones" would be in jeprody if we were to leave the EU. Ridiculous. And by the way, I'm part of the younger generation in case your wondering lol

Voted leave, but pretty sure remain has won this from mainly people of the younger generation. I mean, I know people that have voted remain because the future of "game of thrones" would be in jeprody if we were to leave the EU. Ridiculous. And by the way, I'm part of the younger generation in case your wondering lol

And, of course, there will be people voting leave because of equally spurious reasons. Just to keep everything nice and balanced ;)

Complaints on Twitter that pencils are there to help rig the vote, despite every election being done in.... amazingly... pencil :o

Tonight's count will be extremely interesting. It could easily swing one way to another if heavily leave districts come in together, then remain districts counter!

Any predictions on the county areas and how they'll vote?

City - Heavy Remain

Harborough - Heavy Leave

Melton - Heavy Leave

Blaby - Close Leave

Oadby & Wigston - Heavy Remain

Charnwood - Close Remain

NW Leics - Heavy Leave

lol Keep thinking that way buddy.

I didn't vote because although I'm a British National (only) living in France and will be affected more than most of you I don't have the right to vote.

Been looking at some data to try and get a feel for what the various polls on foxestalk might mean on a wider scale. Quite difficult to do, but I would make the following assumptions;

*Foxestalk appears to be more male orientated

*In terms of age range of posters, i suspect the main demographic's would be 18-25 and 50+ ranges

*Looking at the member map, the main focus area of posters is around Leicestershire and surrounding areas (naturally), but also along the M1 corridor to London. That said, it's not as dense a position as one might have thought.

*In terms of suggested voting intentions for these areas, you have two central strong remain sections, surrounded by areas of light to strong leave.

*There appears to be a fair amount of people that have attended University on these boards.

*The board is culturally diverse.

*I would suspect the average income on these broads to be above a national average

Some of these factors are polar opposites in terms of demographic voting intentions, but if these assumptions were fair I would expect the overall view on foxestalk to lean more towards Remain - and so if the results on here were very close or pointing to leave, leave might actually be winning.

That said, the polling data I've seen suggest women break out for Remain in a stronger proportion, so with that demographic missing from our sample, if Remain are showing in front by 2-3% on here, I expect that would point towards a Remain win nationwide.

See the boy Lineker is advocating remain in the Mercury today ... Because amongst other things UK medical science may have to scale back it's ambition .... Be nice if the NHS could cope with our ever expanding population to start with. Bet Gary doesn't have a problem with that though.

See the boy Lineker is advocating remain in the Mercury today ... Because amongst other things UK medical science may have to scale back it's ambition .... Be nice if the NHS could cope with our ever expanding population to start with. Bet Gary doesn't have a problem with that though.

Your population is ever expanding whether you are in or out of the EU.

Archived