Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Happy St George's Day

51 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

!BqEE-2!Bmk~$(KGrHqYH-C!Eum4fTbFsBLuLW-s

To all my fellow foxes fans.

Have we just bought him, or just sold him  !!!

Or some foxestalk posters, trying to tell us he aint up to PL standard and

Should go out on a seasons loan....:unsure:

Ps  what the hell is puff the magic dragon doing on the hallowed flag,

Or is it Danaery's dragon...

Being envious of the Irish St Patricks day, I keep banging on about making it something special....well it looks like it's down to indivuduals to just do it themselves and hope there's national reciprication, it's difficult if it's a working day I know but certain foods, drinks, music and a reflection of what your nationality means to you. Amongst families or friends make some new traditions and repeat them each year, the day will feel a bit special. The crap about it being racist or offensive towards non English, this is only an issue when certain extreme and genuinely racist groups hijack a celebration or event and put the wrong slant on it, such as a national front group. It's about celebrating being English not about not being not English. How is that offensive? Pubs, community centres, parks, restaurants etc (some of which are council owned wherein lays a "political" controversy waiting to happen) could become hubs for larger events but for now it needs individual people power to get the ball rolling. Having said that, what will I be doing? Eating a huge Yorkshire pudding whilst watching F.A. Cup football (all very English but not unlike many other sundays), plenty of cups of tea, might queue politely to use my own loo, beyond that not a lot, got work tomorrow!

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Being envious of the Irish St Patricks day, I keep banging on about making it something special....well it looks like it's down to indivuduals to just do it themselves and hope there's national reciprication, it's difficult if it's a working day I know but certain foods, drinks, music and a reflection of what your nationality means to you. Amongst familyies or friends make some new traditions and repeat them each year, the day will feel a bit special. The crap about it being racist or offensive towards non English, this is only an issue when certain extreme and genuinely racist groups hijack a celebration or event and put the wrong slant on it, such as a national front group. It's about celebrating being English not about not being not English. How is that offensive? Pubs, community centres, parks, restaurants etc (some of which are council owned wherein lays a "political" controversy waiting to happen) could become hubs for larger events but for now it needs individual people power to get the ball rolling. Having said that, what will I be doing? Eating a huge Yorkshire pudding whilst watching F.A. Cup football (all very English but not unlike many other sundays), plenty of cups of tea, might queue politely to use my own loo, beyond that not a lot, got work tomorrow!

Sitting on the beach, in a deckchair In the pouring rain, hot toddy in my flask, listening to the football on the radio,

Getting stuck into my fish n chips e rapped up in Newspaper...The Times, cos its a special day and the paper is

better quality and helps to keep it warm.   Heeyyyy its grand!!   

St George, that famous Turk, probably I s h ould of had a Donner Kebab, with dragons meat..

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Do we really need another bank holiday this time of year? If we're going to have new one put it in October around half term.

Itd be three webbo lol theyre uk wide so we'd get paddies and Davids day in march and George in April, no bugger Will be at work for about three months. Vote labour

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ah the day of the year when my Mum has flags a waving only for NW Leicestershire's finest constabulary to show up and ask her to take them down....dont you just love this country sometimes!! 

Honestly...???    Are the constabulary ex  United and American Airline employees...

English abroad are treated better overseas on this day, than in their own country.

And you lot want to keep to these idiotic politicians, spouting off about the great People of the UK,

and how Britain is great, then abuse folk who try to celebrate the fact.

I bet if there was a fight/robbery  in the same area, the dickheads would have turned up 3 days later......

Yes it situations like this the constabulary need to stand up and be counted..

Never forget..Great Britain was born and based on authorities beating up their own electorate...

21 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ah the day of the year when my Mum has flags a waving only for NW Leicestershire's finest constabulary to show up and ask her to take them down....dont you just love this country sometimes!! 

Really?

There are plenty of people around me who display St George Flag 365 days a year and I've never notice them taken down or a day.

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Honestly...???    Are the constabulary ex  United and American Airline employees...

English abroad are treated better overseas on this day, than in their own country.

And you lot want to keep to these idiotic politicians, spouting off about the great People of the UK,

and how Britain is great, then abuse folk who try to celebrate the fact.

I bet if there was a fight/robbery  in the same area, the dickheads would have turned up 3 days later......

Yes it situations like this the constabulary need to stand up and be counted..

Never forget..Great Britain was born and based on authorities beating up their own electorate...

Ha I'm pretty sure anyone who went Madrid might disagree with you on that one lol 

24 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Really?

There are plenty of people around me who display St George Flag 365 days a year and I've never notice them taken down or a day.

Is it on a flagpole?

Maybe planning permission or some such is required.

Yes unfortunately so, its about 7 or 8 years it has happened since she moved into that house in 2005, not sure if it's because its overlooking a main road or if its somebody is complaining. Just to add she never had any problems prior to that when she lived on a small cul de sac.

It doesn't put her off and she just puts them up again once the coppers have have necked a cuppa and cleared off.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Is he wrong though?

It's not so much about that, yes I understand St George wasn't born here but that idiot constantly looks for any opportunity to push his own agenda and is literally obsessed with making everything about immigrants. 

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's not so much about that, yes I understand St George wasn't born here but that idiot constantly looks for any opportunity to push his own agenda and is literally obsessed with making everything about immigrants. 

Does he? Don't really know to be honest. He not on tv much and I've never seen a newspaper column of his. I occasionally see a tweet of his pop up, but nothing to suggest he's obbessed with a particular subject. There are plenty more prominent people *cough* Farage *cough* who bring up the subject of immigration from the other side of the argument at any opportunity.

I'd dare say if you're that up on the actions of someone as z list as Schneider then he's not the obsessed one lol 

Archived