Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

Might be an excuse but perhaps he's suffering from fatigue?

I say bench him, change the formation where it gives Amartey one final opportunity to show what he can do (put him in front of the centre-backs).

If Amartey is struggling, get him off and put Drinkwater back on.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I've got to say it, because again no-one has..... Matt James was pretty much ever present in a team that spent 3/4 of a season firmly rooted to the base of the Premiership. If he (and Esteban) were as good as everyone is making out, why was this? In a team that had Mahrez, Vardy, et al (not far off the same team that won the league the following season). Was Huth SO influential that he made nearly all the difference?

I always liked James as I said before, but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were for very lengthy spells that season.

Id love to see him back playing for us but will reserve making any sort of judgment until I've seen him playing again at this level.

I think your being a little unfair to some of the players and Matty in particular. He was the one prem quality player we had in our squad when we came up. Just because the team failed to perform as a unit doesn't mean we didn't have some good players. Our problems were as much to do with Pearsons refusal to change tactics that clearly weren't working.

We played too direct and too narrow which made us easy to defend against.Along with our weakness in defense.

It wasn't until we played  Mahrez, Albrington ,Schlupp on the wings and the signing of Huth that things started to change.

You're right to reserve judgement until we see him play for us again. I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

Only that he be given a chance and preferably before the end of the season

Considering  what we know of him and he's just had an excellent Season with Barnsley. Shouldn't he be given that chance to show what he can offer us after his injury in the final few not too important games.

Plus Matty gets settled back in the squad knowing he can enter pre season knowing if he has a future with us or not.

If it works out then we can save maybe 20 million +.  If not  then we know we need to recruit 2 new midfielders.

It makes sense  to me anyway.

On 2017-4-30 at 11:27, Beliall said:

My guess would be no. And I would be wrong it seems.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Leicester City

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
*Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
*Drinkwater, Daniel Noel
Fuchs, Christian
*Hamer, Benjamin John
Hernandez Rodriguez, Luis
*Huth, Robert
*James, Matthew Lee
*King, Andrew
Mahrez, Riyad
Mendy, Nampalys
*Morgan, Westley Nathan
Musa, Ahmed
Okazaki, Shinji
*Schlupp, Jeffrey
*Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
*Simpson, Daniel Peter
Slimani, Islam
Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo
*Vardy, Jamie
Wasilewski, Marcin
*Zieler, Ron-Robert

In answer to your post, yes, I would put him in for the last few games

I'd be shocked if we signed Wague and didn't register him, or that we'd kept Jeff registered after selling him. Guessing that's the first half of the season.

• 4 months later...

Any of those who were knocking the form of an injured Danny Drinkwater, CM of our title winning team, changing their mind about just how good he was yet, now that w<e don't have him in there?

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Any of those who were knocking the form of an injured Danny Drinkwater, CM of our title winning team, changing their mind about just how good he was yet, now that w<e don't have him in there?

Really helped from October to Feb last year! 

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

my only solace is that he would probably still be injured so we would remain in the mess we are in 

Just now, st albans fox said:

my only solace is that he would probably still be injured so we would remain in the mess we are in 

It was proven that an injured drinkwater is better than a fit Andy King.

We really are missing his one touch passing - whether it's backward or not at least it used to go to our man and he moved the ball quickly.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

No, not really. DD was effectively helped to look much better than he was, and that is not knocking him, by Kante. On his day better than King of course but he struggled without Kante, injured or not. Once he moved on, Ranieri knew we had to adapt but made mistakes in doing that. 

Just now, FIF said:

It was proven that an injured drinkwater is better than a fit Andy King.

We really are missing his one touch passing - whether it's backward or not at least it used to go to our man and he moved the ball quickly.

We saw absolutely no one-touch forward passing from Drinkwater last season. Slowed the play down at every opportunity - lots of it wasn't his fault as there was no movement in front of him but the same issue persists this season. There's no movement at all from the front players.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

My only solace is that Silva will probably play for us before Benchwarmer gets a game ....     :claudio:

On 27/04/2017 at 18:58, Col city fan said:

You kinda think that foxes talk loses some credibility when there is a thread set up to bash a player like Drinkwater. I guess if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. The problem, of course, is that the club didn't sign anyone to compliment him until we got Ndidi..and he won't be fantastic any game. I so hope that what many on here are wanting (Drinkwater to be dropped) don't happen for the next game. God knows how we'd look in the middle.

:whistle:

Edit: I still can't quite believe we sold him how we did.

With the Silva stuff, it's like committing footballing suicide.

It doesn't make sense?

Archived