Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

My guess would be no. And I would be wrong it seems.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Leicester City

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
*Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
*Drinkwater, Daniel Noel
Fuchs, Christian
*Hamer, Benjamin John
Hernandez Rodriguez, Luis
*Huth, Robert
*James, Matthew Lee
*King, Andrew
Mahrez, Riyad
Mendy, Nampalys
*Morgan, Westley Nathan
Musa, Ahmed
Okazaki, Shinji
*Schlupp, Jeffrey
*Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
*Simpson, Daniel Peter
Slimani, Islam
Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo
*Vardy, Jamie
Wasilewski, Marcin
*Zieler, Ron-Robert

In answer to your post, yes, I would put him in for the last few games

Me too ...    Well at least give him some game time.

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not worth it - Col is a great guy, but for some reason cannot see his own provocation for what it is.

The problem with @worthosoriginals is that I don't think I've ever seen him post an opinion on football. A view, whether right or wrong..something to interest us, to concur with, to define him.

All he seems to do is to troll other's posts, pulling them for something up whenever he can. It's a little sad imo.

27 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Matty James has one game left on his loan deal at Barnsley. Would it be worth recalling him straight after the game next Sunday to get him in for the last two games thereby reintegrating him into the team and giving Drinky a breather? Just a thought.

Yes I don't see why not. Let's see if he can still perform at this level.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The problem with @worthosoriginals is that I don't think I've ever seen him post an opinion on football. A view, whether right or wrong..something to interest us, to concur with, to define him.

All he seems to do is to troll other's posts, pulling them for something up whenever he can. It's a little sad imo.

I shall await his response.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I shall await his response.

Oh I'm sure he's a good guy really. All I'm saying is it would be refreshing just to know what his views on football are, not just his views on others posters posts, which seem typically to be very negative. If that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes I don't see why not. Let's see if he can still perform at this level.

Exactly Col, we're safe now so why not give him a chance to show what he can still do whilst giving DD a well-earned rest. Makes perfect sense to me.

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

My guess would be no. And I would be wrong it seems.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Leicester City

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
*Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
*Drinkwater, Daniel Noel
Fuchs, Christian
*Hamer, Benjamin John
Hernandez Rodriguez, Luis
*Huth, Robert
*James, Matthew Lee
*King, Andrew
Mahrez, Riyad
Mendy, Nampalys
*Morgan, Westley Nathan
Musa, Ahmed
Okazaki, Shinji
*Schlupp, Jeffrey
*Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
*Simpson, Daniel Peter
Slimani, Islam
Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo
*Vardy, Jamie
Wasilewski, Marcin
*Zieler, Ron-Robert

In answer to your post, yes, I would put him in for the last few games

Bring back Jeff as well from his £12m "loan" ?

Welcome home Matty ! 

Comments from Barnsley supporters 

James - Best player we have had in a Barnsley shirt in years would love him back but it's as likely as us signing Harry Kane

James too because he's pure quality at this level but he'll be playing premier league football next season.

James is beautiful to watch but out of reach. 

It's been a pleasure to watch you and I wish you well next season hopefully in the Premiership where you clearly belong.

Absolute class above most we've seen in this league all season

James has been the classiest player we have had for absolute ages. 

Thanks Matty for choosing to come here. I got the impression when we signed him that he had the choice of 3 or 4 clubs and wanted to be here. 

He's played like a player who wanted to be at this club. 

We managed to get the luxury of a Premier League player at a midtable Championship level. He's been a class apart in every game.

Graceful and beautiful to watch. Poetry in motion. Makes the very difficult look very easy and effortless. Thanks Matty. 

Natural born footballer. Different physique, bit the way he moves around the pitch, and goes past players, James reminds me a lot of Peter Beardsley. 

Matty James is sheer class and it has been a pleasure to see him play. If only....

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Welcome home Matty ! 

James - Best player we have had in a Barnsley shirt in years would love him back but it's as likely as us signing Harry Kane

James too because he's pure quality at this level but he'll be playing premier league football next season.

It's been a pleasure to watch you and I wish you well next season hopefully in the Premiership where you clearly belong.

Thanks Matty for choosing to come here. I got the impression when we signed him that he had the choice of 3 or 4 clubs and wanted to be here. 

We managed to get the luxury of a Premier League player at a midtable Championship level. He's been a class apart in every game.

Graceful and beautiful to watch. Poetry in motion. Makes the very difficult look very easy and effortless. Thanks Matty. 

Natural born footballer. Different physique, bit the way he moves around the pitch, and goes past players, James reminds me a lot of Peter Beardsley. 

Matty James is sheer class and it has been a pleasure to see him play. If only....

Gerriminnnn    !!!!

Surely the only issue was ever the injury wasn't it? People didn't actually question his ability before that did they? (Not really read through so interested to know)

If he hadn't got injured when he did he'd be in the England squad right now, I really believe that.

Great to see him getting back to fitness and doing well in the championship and I hope to see him back here pre season! (To the above comment I'm pretty sure you can't recall outside of a transfer window, so June 9th)

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Surely the only issue was ever the injury wasn't it? People didn't actually question his ability before that did they? (Not really read through so interested to know)

If he hadn't got injured when he did he'd be in the England squad right now, I really believe that.

Great to see him getting back to fitness and doing well in the championship and I hope to see him back here pre season! (To the above comment I'm pretty sure you can't recall outside of a transfer window, so June 9th)

He was a huge part of starting the great escape 

this lad will be playing for England in next 18 months 

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Welcome home Matty ! 

Those comments remind me of Mark Davies, who was clearly too good for our level and eventually carved out a Premier League career for himself with Bolton.

11 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

He was a huge part of starting the great escape 

this lad will be playing for England in next 18 months 

I've got to say it, because again no-one has..... Matt James was pretty much ever present in a team that spent 3/4 of a season firmly rooted to the base of the Premiership. If he (and Esteban) were as good as everyone is making out, why was this? In a team that had Mahrez, Vardy, et al (not far off the same team that won the league the following season). Was Huth SO influential that he made nearly all the difference?

I always liked James as I said before, but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were for very lengthy spells that season.

Id love to see him back playing for us but will reserve making any sort of judgment until I've seen him playing again at this level.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I've got to say it, because again no-one has..... Matt James was pretty much ever present in a team that spent 3/4 of a season firmly rooted to the base of the Premiership. If he (and Esteban) were as good as everyone is making out, why was this? In a team that had Mahrez, Vardy, et al (not far off the same team that won the league the following season). Was Huth SO influential that he made nearly all the difference?

I always liked James as I said before, but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were for very lengthy spells that season.

Id love to see him back playing for us but will reserve making any sort of judgment until I've seen him playing again at this level.

I might be completely deluded here but I never had us down as "bad"

We NEVER lost by more than two, we played good football, we had some incredibly bad luck at times. 

We certainly weren't a boro or sunderland! lol 

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think because it was his first season in the PL, just like it was with the others you mentioned. James would probably have progressed alongside Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton etc had he not got injured. Simpson and Albrighton barely played in the 14/15 season but they have improved drastically since. I'd like to think James would have had the same trajectory as his team mates.

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I might be completely deluded here but I never had us down as "bad"

We NEVER lost by more than two, we played good football, we had some incredibly bad luck at times. 

We certainly were a boro or sunderland! lol 

The reality is that we generally didn't look too bad. Generally. There were quite a few games where 'we should have won' or 'should never have lost' was dead right.

However, there WERE games where we looked utterly utterly awful. Two off the top of my head were Villa in the cup and Swansea away in the league. But there were many more. And didn't we have our longest run EVER without winning, under Pearson that season?

People focus, with hindsight, on the great escape. And rightly so. But Christ, a midfield two of primarily Cambiasso and James hardly set the season alight did it? Until the last 7 games.

Id love to see a midfield three next season of Ndidi, Drinks and James. But playing for Barnsley in the Championship is a million miles away from playing for Leicester in the Premiership. I'll reserve judgment until we see him play again in a blue shirt.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Were we that bad? Huth did make a difference I thought we were close to getting results all season and can't remember being far behind any teams in most matches. I think something just clicked and where we are right now Matt James seems to fit the profile needed to give DD competition, you are right we need to see him

Look we were bottom and it's pretty hard to argue against that.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

the manager woke up and decided to listen to Cambiassio .... 

:ph34r:

Drinkwater started the season on fire. It was him and Kasper the only ones playing half of their usual game in the first six matches. When he got injured and had a couple of games off he came back like a lumbering carthorse with no sense of direction or timing. That was a long time ago and if anything he has got worse. If Musa was any good he would have pushed Drinkwater to the bench months ago so its a position we need to recruit for in the Summer. At least to give Drinkwater some competition.

Archived