Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

The problem with Drinky is there is no serious competition for his place in the team, Mendy is crocked, Amartey is unconvincing and King isn't premier league quality. We need better quality throughout the pitch in the summer.

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The problem with Drinky is there is no serious competition for his place in the team, Mendy is crocked, Amartey is unconvincing and King isn't premier league quality. We need better quality throughout the pitch in the summer.

FF5A550B-E34E-4CF0-BC42-F08AC02B73D3-406-000000786558ABD7.jpeg

Please tell me people have watched his performance (wrong word) today?

Utterly atrocious at every turn, an absolute statue of a player.

I'm completely at a loss with him, its Like he's been possessed by Junior Lewis.

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'm completely at a loss with him, its Like he's been possessed by Junior Lewis.

Agreed - worse "player" on the pitch today 

18 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Ready for a bit of beach time ...     And he deserves it.  Said before it's not his problem that there is no competition for his place.

I'm not saying we should have signed these players necessarily, but how much better would we look if we had Livermore, Tadic and Jenkinson on the bench instead of Amartey, King and Ulloa?

We need more quality throughout the pitch and IMO premier league ready players.

Drinkwater hasn't become a bad player overnight. He's clearly absolutely ****ed and possibly carrying an injury? 

He's very rarely had a rest over the last few years - we need a competitive player to step in and give us rotation options in his role - something that should be a priority this Summer.

Yes he's not been at his best recently but anyone slating Drinkwater and talking of getting rid can get in the ****ing bin tbh. He's a top player, a professional and clearly an important influence on the team.

Give him a break FFS - we spent years asking for a playing like Danny and now people want to bin him off at the first sign of poor form. 

6 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Drinkwater hasn't become a bad player overnight. He's clearly absolutely ****ed and possibly carrying an injury? 

He's very rarely had a rest over the last few years - we need a competitive player to step in and give us rotation options in his role - something that should be a priority this Summer.

Yes he's not been at his best recently but anyone slating Drinkwater and talking of getting rid can get in the ****ing bin tbh. He's a top player, a professional and clearly an important influence on the team.

Give him a break FFS - we spent years asking for a playing like Danny and now people want to bin him off at the first sign of poor form. 

Spot on. Drinkwater IS carrying an injury. It's been mentioned before and that's why he keeps pulling out of England squads. 

And we don't have any quality alternatives. 

Hopefully he might get a rest now and we can sign someone in the summer to relieve the pressure and over reliance on him a bit. 

It's simple. Drinkwater is knackered and isn't fully fit.

Like Tuna said above..we haven't any other viable options. Shakey clearly don't trust Amartey  (Good, neither do i), King is average at this level and Mendy is a sick note.

I'm so glad we won cos it means we are safe bar the shouting.

This is why King needs to be moved on. He's taking up a spot on the bench but can't be trusted to be a deputy for DD when the latter is clearly bang out of form. Take sentiment out of it and look at King objecfively. 

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is why King needs to be moved on. He's taking up a spot on the bench but can't be trusted to be a deputy for DD when the latter is clearly bang out of form. Take sentiment out of it and look at King objecfively. 

King will see out his contract and retire probably. We would never sell and he's probably happy being a bit part player. Not exactly great for our midfield as he is very limited. 

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yes but who will warm the bench if he moves on ? ...     We are just a bit light in this area ...    To put it mildly.

39 minutes ago, matty98 said:

We'll have Harvey Barnes back after tomorrow I believe, perhaps he'll be given a shot to compete for Drinkwater's spot.

Even though he plays in a different position!? Barnes plays either on the wing or in the #10 slot.

You're right. But throughout his loan with MK (refuse to call them the Dons lol) he's played predominantly wide left. I've seen him in action a couple of times and he's got a neat turn of pace and scored goals from there. I'm sure I read somewhere as well that feedback has been his passing and presence aren't quite there to play CM.Has played AM for MK on occasion but been less effective. That being said, now we've secured 40 points...

On 26/04/2017 at 22:58, Koke said:

I like the guy but he's been a passenger for 6 months now. I'm losing patience with him.

Not sure what exactly is the point of Amartey and King if neither can dislodge an out of form Drinkwater. 

Mahrez gets it in the neck every week but DD doesn't get half the stick Mahrez gets and he's arguably been worse.

If he has an injury let Amartey go with Ndidi for Watford, but if this is just his lack of a good performance he needs to be dropped to show he's not untouchable. 

He cant hold possession well at all any more, too many misplaced passes and lack of a good touch on the ball.

regardless we need a league ready centre mid to add a bit of skill / strength in the summer no doubt

He's been abysmal recently, can't my finger on why but a number of times he's been dispossessed, given the ball away due to a bad pass or chosen the wrong option is uncalled for. Unfortunately, fortunately for him, there's no real competition for him as Amartey is a defensive replacement for N'Didi, King hasn't really got the quality to be starting and Mendy has glass ankles. I would like to see us invest in a playmaker sort of midfielder in the summer, as well as James coming back from Barnsley, to give us more creativity in central midfield areas because at the moment the only creation we have is from Mahrez, who probably won't be here next year, Albrighton and Fuchs.

He's absolutely knackered. Yet somehow you can see him bombing back and trying to help the defence. Those who are calling for him to go are so far removed from reality it hurts. As already posted Danny needs to be occasionally rotated or given competition. Our midfield options have been limited this season and it has shown. In the form his is in playing against City and Spurs we are going to suffer badly. We can't keep hoofing upfront. We tried that on many occasions today and failed miserably.

8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's absolutely knackered. Yet somehow you can see him bombing back and trying to help the defence. Those who are calling for him to go are so far removed from reality it hurts. As already posted Danny needs to be occasionally rotated or given competition. Our midfield options have been limited this season and it has shown. In the form his is in playing against City and Spurs we are going to suffer badly. We can't keep hoofing upfront. We tried that on many occasions today and failed miserably.

:appl:

Archived