Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

How much longer are we gonna persist with Drinkwater?

I like the guy but he's been a passenger for 6 months now. I'm losing patience with him.

Not sure what exactly is the point of Amartey and King if neither can dislodge an out of form Drinkwater. 

Mahrez gets it in the neck every week but DD doesn't get half the stick Mahrez gets and he's arguably been worse.

4 minutes ago, Pst said:

I thought he had a decent game...

He was "alright" conpated to his previous games.  He's been  carried by Ndidi since his arrival.

Just now, Poznan34 said:

Isn't he playing with an injury? Or is that just a rumour?

If he is, how can a half fit DD be a better option than Amartey and King? Shakespeare and his staff must really not rate the latter two.

He gave away a lot of fouls around the box today and his passing is nothing special at the min either long of backward passing all game. Rest him now and get his injury sorted out, he has been poor this year time to try other options.

Just now, Koke said:

If he is, how can a half fit DD be a better option than Amartey and King? Shakespeare and his staff must really not rate the latter two.

Have you forgotten how shit King is at this level?! 

Theres no conpetition for his place. He's been poor this season, but I don't see another better option.

He has been particularly inconsistent this year and I've noticed quite significantly how poor he's been since Stoke at home. The amount of times I've seen him give the ball away, punch the ground and chase back the past few games is unreal. Danny usually has a poor season then the next he's amazing so he'll be okay next year then...

Never seen him pass it backwards so many times.  Painful. 

He looks slow.  Takes too much time on the ball.  Last season he was the playmaker with some amazing balls through and linking the play.  This season he has looked like an average Andy King at times, but doesn't get the stick.  

Agree with the OP on all points. He's generally been rubbish this season.  King is poor too, so wouldn't want him as a replacement, but definitely think Amartey deserves a shot for a couple of games.  Might push Drinky back to some good form too.  

Nothing worse than watching us break from the full back position turn it in with the ball eventually arriving at DD or will play it back to a central defender or bypass them yo Kasper. Is he being restricted and told to play this way? So frustrating when we know the guy has far more about him.

Feel for him a bit.

At the end of last season people were raving about him and there were rumours of a big money move back to Man U. Then he played for England in the last game before the squad was announced and had one of his worst games ever. He was justifiably left out and the whole country agreed in unison that Kante had been covering his arse and making him look better than he was which I thought was harsh.

His confidence must be shot to pieces after that so I'm not surprised he's been struggling. Hopefully he bounces back because with or without Kante he's a good Premier League midfielder. 

his entire career for leicester has been one hot season followed by one cold season: 
2011/2 - hot
2012/3 - cold
2013/4 - hot (player of the year)
2014/5 - cold
2015/6 - hot
2016/7 - cold

i have complete faith he will have a hot season next season

55 minutes ago, Pst said:

I thought he had a decent game...

Kermo decent? ;)

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I like the guy but he's been a passenger for 6 months now. I'm losing patience with him.

Not sure what exactly is the point of Amartey and King if neither can dislodge an out of form Drinkwater. 

Mahrez gets it in the neck every week but DD doesn't get half the stick Mahrez gets and he's arguably been worse.

Careful @koke - people might start taking offense at you bashing Danny and accuse you of either being Kingy or Kingy's mum.   

Agree we need more in midfield but we are in a weird quandary.  He's too good to really all out replace but not stepping up.  We can't bring in someone else unless they blow him away and I'm not sure they will do that.  I think it's more he needs a talking to, and need to work on his fitness vs his bulk / strength.  Unless we play a Brazil '94 4222 he's not really a fit at the moment. 

Archived